Does it matter if "group member doesn't match the group's concept"

• This is kinda about Lightsum (people commonly say about Lightsum that half the members look cute and half look girl crush so the group looks awkward.)

On one hand, 1. people can completely change their image with a new hairstyle or makeup

2. even if they can't, I think most people care more about the song than whether the members seem suited to the song/group.

However, on the other hand: people judge really quickly from 4-5 seconds, and get a bad impression really quickly. For Lightsum, if people think the group doesn't look cohesive, it could lower the strength of their brand vs other cute and bright groups like ILY:1, Twice. Just from a first impression.

So personally I think it does matter.

But with Lightsum I guess Cube was in a difficult situation because they had to debut Chowon who looks tough but they also had to debut Nayoung and many young trainees.

There's nothing wrong with Lightsum though, if you just watch a few seconds of their MV. But I think when watching the group perform together, and actually seeing all their faces next to each other, is when it feels like the members don't fit together.

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCNAFEJQDSFryq4qpAwkIARUAAIhCGAE=&rs=AOn4CLCfYAsVHUeIHYvkCRQHyjGFvJQ0jQ

220524-LIGHTSUM-ALIVE-MV-Behind-by-Melon-documents-1.jpeg?v=43514

Screen-Shot-2022-05-21-at-10.00.50-PM-2.png

BTW I tried to pick these photos unbiased (pictures where they all look good)

• I mean its the stylist job to make sure someone matches the concept. Its not really about how they look naturally.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Never thought they didn’t match. Also one of the members who left is one of the most “girl crush” vibes member out of the whole group so it doesn’t make sense to get rid of her.

I saw some fans saying the removed the 2 youngest members because cube is gonna try to market them to a more mature audience. Hoping cube doesn’t force them into something uncomfortable

• Chowon actually doesn't look tough

she is kind of an Jihyo/Eunbi of Lightsum

just has more curvy, well developed body

so at first glimps she gives more mature vibe but then

when she smiles at the end she's all cute

GleefulImportantCurlew-size_restricted.gif

also for example here she looks innocent, cute,

chowon.jpg

also here you have typical Lightsum being Lightsum moment

ps: Nayoung looks much better when she ain't on crazy diet

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Never thought they didn’t match. Also one of the members who left is one of the most “girl crush” vibes member out of the whole group so it doesn’t make sense to get rid of her.

I saw some fans saying the removed the 2 youngest members because cube is gonna try to market them to a more mature audience. Hoping cube doesn’t force them into something uncomfortable

I have another theory that maybe they removed the 2 youngest members because they have the least lines (i'm not sure if they really do) and they aren't worth it to keep in the group. But I don't think this makes sense because they've been active for 1-2 years and even the least popular members would have their fans.

• Well I guess they didn't even give a space and time for Huiyeon and Jian fans...

Already a new twitter header

1500x500.jpeg

• I have another theory that maybe they removed the 2 youngest members because they have the least lines (i'm not sure if they really do) and they aren't worth it to keep in the group. But I don't think this makes sense because they've been active for 1-2 years and even the least popular members would have their fans.

my theory is that removing the two youngest meant that those two can still have time to either redebut in another group or leave the entertainment industry as a whole (ie. focus on their studies or something) whereas for someone like juhyeon who as the oldest has been in cube since what 2014??? she doesn't really have many options other than being an idol (of course in the grand scheme of things they are all still very young)

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!