💮A Silent Voice (Koe No Katachi) Anime: Can You Forgive A Bully? 🌸

• e897b34d0c92b75adfa5474dcac6a166.png

This hidden gem was almost burried under Kimi No Nawa success, because Koe No Katachi was being released after that mega successful anime.

Is there anyone who watch this? :danceb:

I'm just copy the synopsis from myanimelist:

"When a grade school student with impaired hearing is bullied mercilessly, she transfers to another school. Years later, one of her former tormentors sets out to make amends."

I have to admit, I cried a lot while watching this anime. This Ishida guy bullied Nishimiya so badly, but he also got punishment:he also becomes a target of bully after that.

The character developments went smooth and natural, even tho I thought Nishimiya is such an angel for forgiving her bullies. :cryingr:

But Ishida also has a long-painful way to pay for his sins in the past, he also has his own complex after being bullied at school. It's not as simple as 'I am sorry'.

Moral story:even a bully can change, regretting the mistakes, work hard to repent the sins and become a better person when they grow up. And it's not just 'I am sorry I got caught'.

• Well many bullies were bullied themself. It’s like a coping mechanism some choose for themself. They feel humiliated, are insecure and they think they lost all control over their own life, so they try to get it back by bullying others to have control and power, at least for that short moment too.

That’s why they choose easy victims, people who can’t really defend themself. I read one post from a bully, it was on Facebook a long time ago. That person said, he chose his victim because the victim reminded him of himself. That’s sad tho.

It’s not an excuse, but many people are not really trying to find the culprit of bullying and instead just cancel and call it a day. If you want to get rid of a problem, you got to dig deep to find the error that causes the problem. We are just scratching on the surface.

Seems like a good movie, I loved Your Name, gonna watch this one here too.

• One of my favourites as well, I cry every time :nervousk:

In my case I saw it before Your Name, and since Your Name was so much more hyped I had higher expectations but ultimately I didn't like it nowhere near as much as I liked Silent voice

• True the bullying is the reason the story start but the main story how Ishida make right for his mistake and learn how to life with the consequences of his action :|:|:|

Yes, I guess what makes it interesting is how Ishida knows that he was wrong, and he genuinely wanted to fix it totally.

I loved this movie when i first watched it i even watched it three times even tho i don't usually sit through movies. :claps:

Wow.... that's awesome :omgr:

I watched it a few times, tbh I keep repeating the scenes when Nishimiya fight with Ueno, Nishimiya mom then join the fight. It's emotional, but I found it a little bit funny :angryr:

• Well many bullies were bullied themself. It’s like a coping mechanism some choose for themself. They feel humiliated, are insecure and they think they lost all control over their own life, so they try to get it back by bullying others to have control and power, at least for that short moment too.

That’s why they choose easy victims, people who can’t really defend themself. I read one post from a bully, it was on Facebook a long time ago. That person said, he chose his victim because the victim reminded him of himself. That’s sad tho.

It’s not an excuse, but many people are not really trying to find the culprit of bullying and instead just cancel and call it a day. If you want to get rid of a problem, you got to dig deep to find the error that causes the problem. We are just scratching on the surface.

Seems like a good movie, I loved Your Name, gonna watch this one here too.

That's interesting. The point from A Silent Voice isn't take deep the caused how the bully keep tormenting the victim. But it's more like how this bully had a turning point on his life, got bullied himself, and he realized how bad he was in the past. That's why he genuinely apologize to his victim, even tho this girl already forgives him, but he doesn't stop with that.....you can watch the continuation by yourself:happyr:

giphy.gif

• The Garden of Words is the movie from the same person who made Your Name if I'm not wrong :|:|:|

Yeah you're correct. I think I've read an article positing that Garden and Your Name is connected but it has been a while and I barely remember it.

I know I've seen A Silent Voice and I'm too lazy to google it right now. It's a jumbled mess in my head lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!