Jin basically confirmed that BTS members play an important part in promo strategy of their albums?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS have always been at the forefront of creative process. Since their debut. Those who doubt it are stupid.

But I personally feel they should not do managerial side of work. Let the professionals do that work. I mean final decision will be their own. But I think they should not be coming up with promotional ideas, it should be done by professionals in management. They should just give their opinions and make decisions on those.

• Yeah. It was all Hoseok's decision to make his album as less available as possible.

One day he rolled into bh and was like: "You know what? I don't want any cds for my album. That would make it way too easy to get it. Make it piece of paper instead and make it available only on the app that nobody uses, cares or even knows about. And don't ship it to plenty of other countries as well. (you know, like Brasil, where I have a lot of fans) Don't make it available anywhere else. No target, amazon or walmart. And if you would release vinyls, do it half a year after and don't make it available easily either. No target, or anything. Digital store? Release it 5 days after album release. Don't forget to put wrong links and put mixtape in the address so everybody would understand how much I didn't want to release this album.

And I don't want any promo also. Don't change headers, don't post on youtube or insta. Twitter emoji? I don't need it either. Schedule? What schedule? Just release everything randomly so there would be no hipe.

So with all of this and insane shipping cost as less people as possible will know and buy my album. Excellent. That is exactly what I want. Why am I even releasing it in the first place?

I mean, I said my biggest dream was as many people as possible to listen to my music and that I want new audience and to be worldwide solo artist which is impossible without good promo. (and cds being easily available is also part of it.)

lol I'm so contradictory. lol lol so quirky lol"

It all makes sense now.

• Your comment is killing me :angryr:

• Genuinely curious, do you think he has no power to put his foot down and demand a physical album release? Or do you think they took the decision without informing him or worse overrode him?

• Genuinely curious, do you think he has no power to put his foot down and demand a physical album release? Or do you think they took the decision without informing him or worse overrode him?

Well I for sure think they don't have as much power in that company as you people think they have. Like Jin didn't even know about his pajamas cost, Jimin didn't know about his song being in Marvel movie, Tae didn't know songs from 3d cd from Proof are not on streaming platforms, RM recently said he wanted to go to movie premiere and then he learned he was invited but bh declined without even telling him. Those are just few examples, I bet there are much more if you search for it.

So yes, I believe Hoseok wouldn't agree to this kind of treatment of his album if there were other options available.

• Well I for sure think they don't have as much power in that company as you people think they have. Like Jin didn't even know about his pajamas cost, Jimin didn't know about his song being in Marvel movie, Tae didn't know songs from 3d cd from Proof are not on streaming platforms, RM recently said he wanted to go to movie premiere and then he learned he was invited but bh declined without even telling him. Those are just few examples, I bet there are much more if you search for it.

So yes, I believe Hoseok wouldn't agree to this kind of treatment of his album if there were other options available.

I am not talking about pricing, but something as important as the format of his own solo album would not have been kept from him and I don't think they would have released it in that format without his consent either.

It is very likely that Hybe has seen the backlash that Weverse album got from the fandom and decided to release physicals from now on.

• I am not talking about pricing, but something as important as the format of his own solo album would not have been kept from him and I don't think they would have released it in that format without his consent either.

It is very likely that Hybe has seen the backlash that Weverse album got from the fandom and decided to release physicals from now on.

I feel like JITB is a guinea pig. BHM wants to see if an album is released solely on wvs album format (their newest business advancement), how much will it sell? They only said it’s a “bold and fresh attempt”. Also since it’s in 3Q they wont worry about revenues since it’s in the same quarter with PROOF release.

But now with the price they need to pay anw (shareholders questioning, fandom backlash) I hope they go back to square one.

• I feel like JITB is a guinea pig. BHM wants to see if an album is released solely on wvs album format (their newest business advancement), how much will it sell? They only said it’s a “bold and fresh attempt”. Also since it’s in 3Q they wont worry about revenues since it’s in the same quarter with PROOF release.

But now with the price they need to pay anw (shareholders questioning, fandom backlash) I hope they go back to square one.

I could lean towards this guinea pig theory more than the solo rhetoric of him being hated by the label and him not wanting to renew so they are punishing him. Yeah it is possible that they convinced him at that time that it is a good strategy.

I’m more likely to think the idea was suggested to him, and he was convinced to follow what the company decided. I bet Hybe expected great profits and good returns but it flopped hard and they later backtracked by scheduling vinyls.

Btw these are all assumptions since we both don’t know what went on behind the scenes. But it’s pretty known in the fandom that Hobi cherishes physicals especially CDs. He gave Jimin a customized Promise CD as a surprise gift and he has also said he used to carry CD player around when he was a kid and borrowed his sisters CDs.

From this you can tell that physical CDs do have a lot of sentimental value for Hobi so it’s pretty unlikely he will be against his album having physicals unless there was external influence

• I’m more likely to think the idea was suggested to him, and he was convinced to follow what the company decided. I bet Hybe expected great profits and good returns but it flopped hard and they later backtracked by scheduling vinyls.

Btw these are all assumptions since we both don’t know what went on behind the scenes. But it’s pretty known in the fandom that Hobi cherishes physicals especially CDs. He gave Jimin a customized Promise CD as a surprise gift and he has also said he used to carry CD player around when he was a kid and borrowed his sisters CDs.

From this you can tell that physical CDs do have a lot of sentimental value for Hobi so it’s pretty unlikely he will be against his album having physicals unless there was external influence

Maybe the vinyls were a move to recompense for that goof up then.

• Anyway, so what happened to that "save the planet" thing?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• companies that are new to implementing corporate sustainability often make mistakes in how they go about it because they didn’t do their homework to really understand what key stakeholders really wanted and their implementation is often very messy.

HYBE tried and will continue to promote Weverse albums, it is now a new format, and other acts beside BTS are also releasing this format. Because it takes time for the market to adopt it and to response to customer’s wanting physicals and also to boost revenue now that BTS is going to take a break, they’ve gone back to physicals. It is not surprising and I have seen this across many companies.

They are responding to multiple stakeholders at the same because there will be those that tracks the sustainability commitments just as fans track physical release etc. Again- it’s not about everything being this or that. I don’t even think I have seen an English version of their sustainability report either. If they were really serious, they should have one by now.

• Might as well tell us why? Solos should not talk cryptically cause we know where you all are heading anyways

How can I tell you why if I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I mean, ot7s told me it was because it won't sell, there is no demand or that what he wants. So you know, it's better to be a solo stan then hypocritical ot7 who claim to love and support all members equally but tots ok with this situation or defending the company while throwing Hoseok under the bus.

• I am not talking about pricing, but something as important as the format of his own solo album would not have been kept from him and I don't think they would have released it in that format without his consent either.

Well, they are under contract and were with the company since they were teens. So there is power imbalance right there. So of course bh can convince them to do something even if it's not beneficial for them, but beneficial for the company. And it's not just about BTS. Plenty of other artist had this kind of situations with their companies. Usuall stuff.

• I don't quite understand how you came to that conclusion from that? Obviously, the members are involved in especially the creativity part, but it would be a little naive to think that they are involved in every step and that their consent is taken in every decision made in the company.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I feel like JITB is a guinea pig. BHM wants to see if an album is released solely on wvs album format (their newest business advancement), how much will it sell? They only said it’s a “bold and fresh attempt”. Also since it’s in 3Q they wont worry about revenues since it’s in the same quarter with PROOF release.

imo bh didn't even want to release his album at all. That's why that whole rollout was so lackluster.

FXmFCiyUsAAHBp7?format=jpg&name=900x900

FfbAUC8aMAAoWLu?format=jpg&name=large

• They aren’t shipped out yet. Maybe they are yet to be produced and these vinyls were limited if I remember correctly

ly vinyls aren't shipped out yet either but they were available for preorder at target from the start. The same with Jin's cd I assume. And they are still available on weverse so I don't know about them being limited, but lets be real if they were available at target more people would buy then.

• imo bh didn't even want to release his album at all. That's why that whole rollout was so lackluster.

J Hope literally promoted it more on his Instagram than BH on any platform. IU even mentioned how it was J Hope who reached out to her and not BH. So J Hope did what he could but it was not as much as BH could have done. BH is supposed to be managing his career but they get paid for J Hope to do his own promotions. Kinda sus to me that BH gets paid to not do their job. Suga at least would have a problem with this.

Jin just literally exposed BH for not doing what he wanted. According to the OP, Jin said he wanted to wait but it came out anyways. So I think the members have a lot of input but BH doesn’t always to what the members want and don’t always inform the members either. BH makes the ultimate decisions after getting input from the members.

JITB vinyl aren’t limited because it’s still available on the US weverse shop.

• lol exactly. He wanted it to be released two weeks later, but they released it now. So looks like Jin confirmed opposide of what op said.

im pretty sure the point that op is trying to make is that jin is basically saying he was part of the conversations of the promotional strategy by saying he had plans for that character to come out in two weeks. im assuming this finalized schedule poster wasn't run by him as we all know the members aren't privy to all the graphics and visual work until release.

anyways, i honestly think all the members have enough of a voice to express any displeasure they have with what is going on. we don't know why jhope's album happened the way it did, whether it was his idea, an idea he was convinced to follow, an idea he was forced to follow. but i think his activities overall were pretty cool. it was obviously a transitional phase from mixtape to fully realized solo album and the growing pains were definitely apparent. but it seemed like he wanted to be the spearhead behind showcasing his work. thats just my personal perception though. bts has never had a problem being public and vocal about things so all i listen to is the words that come out of their mouths rather than trying to project my feeling onto them.

who's your favorite artist?

• I agree with aclassyteaparty overall - we don’t know the full story and ppl be making assumptions and def projecting.

This person put it well too.

External Content twitter.com

The whole point of their solo projects was to explore their creativity and new approaches to their music and artistry as individuals and each member will have different ways of doing their promotions and roll out of their albums and solo releases. Expecting each member to be all the same in every little aspect again of their solo work is missing THE point.

• I still think that Hoseok creativity with JITB was top notched... My only gripe was that weverse album, I blame BH for fumbling that part and the late put up of the US shop! Overall, he could have promoted more but idk if J-Hope also played some part!

With regards to JIN, BH couldn't still do anything right with regards to alignment of releases with that late shipment of the single album :suure:

• we are not talking about artistry here.

• imo bh didn't even want to release his album at all. That's why that whole rollout was so lackluster.

I think it was supposed to be a mixtape. When I listened to it for the first time it really gave me mixtape vibes. I think they decided to release it as an album in last minutes and yg plus couldnt produce physical copies due to shortage of time.

• we are not talking about artistry here.

how you release your work to an audience is 100% part of artistry. the "rollout" can often in itself be a statement. i mean, just look at his pre-release party. it was literally a message that he cared more about the opinions of his peers in music than the public's.

who's your favorite artist?

• I think it was supposed to be a mixtape. When I listened to it for the first time it really gave me mixtape vibes. I think they decided to release it as an album in last minutes and yg plus couldnt produce physical copies due to shortage of time.

They didn't decide anything. Hoseok wanted it to be an album. bh would be tots ok with mixtape since they wouldn't have to do anything.

And it wasn't last minute. He filmed MORE in march. Other members talked about two main songs then as well. They were preparing for Arson in april. There were plenty of time for cds. If they wanted they could do it, but they decided that Hoseok should save the planet all on his own I guess.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!