To all those confused

• people act like we need to forgive everyone because "were all human and make mistakes" okay so every Tuesday you do something racist and bully someone, right? Because that's normal right. that's what it comes off like. I dont need to forgive anyone and nobody needs to forgive me depending on what I do.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• The difference is intention. If someone clearly expresses hatred for another race by saying they hate a certain race, it's a whole lot different from covering a song that has the N-word in it.

Both are wrong, but the first is absolutely despicable because it comes from a place of hate while the second is a genuine mistake out of perspective and/or ignorance.

Lots of folks, especially younger ones, these days tend to equivocate both as being on the same level of "bad" when that's far from the truth. Some people say racially/culturally insensitive things, but it doesn't mean they're racist. It just means they didn't think what they said would be perceived offensive by others.

I understand what you mean about the N-word and such but it goes deeper than that. It's not just that they are young and didn't know it stems a lot from anti blackness and being ignorant. I mean we barely get any apologies from companies. Its just tiring at this point to use the same excuse that cancel culture and what not is wrong when most of the time people know a idol isnt going to get kicked out of their company for doing something racist. It is just us showing what they did and why it was wrong and why racism and ignorance needs to be changed. I know not every country or person is going to know the history behind everything but they should at least apologize. if they did something worse like being racist (blackface, colorism) or cultural appropriation it is not something that can be easily forgiven just because people think that its justifiable because "we all make mistakes." Or "we all are human."

It is not that simple as much as people want to make it out to be. When you surround your self with people who forgive everything someone does the whole fight we have been fighting loses its importance.

Especially in K-pop where they want to market towards the west but do not even take the time of day to respect cultures. If you are not held accountable for what you did how will you grow? How will you learn?

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• And if people do forgive them that's fine too, right?

I think it's reasonable to ask for an apology, though.

I understand not completely grasping the history in a culture that's not your own, but do the work to learn, and if you realize you've MESSED UP in a big racist way, apologize. Or if people tell you that, acknowledge it.

Plus like other people said, if you want to promote in the West, you need to grasp some basic cultural facts.

• The difference is intention. If someone clearly expresses hatred for another race by saying they hate a certain race, it's a whole lot different from covering a song that has the N-word in it.

Both are wrong, but the first is absolutely despicable because it comes from a place of hate while the second is a genuine mistake out of perspective and/or ignorance.

Lots of folks, especially younger ones, these days tend to equivocate both as being on the same level of "bad" when that's far from the truth. Some people say racially/culturally insensitive things, but it doesn't mean they're racist. It just means they didn't think what they said would be perceived offensive by others.

I honestly still dont understand as an outsider (not from countries in which black people had problems as much as I know) what are people supposed to do if n word is in the lyrics. Just pass the part without saying anything? Put random word? Or what? I mean... It isnt proper cover than??? You need to have exact lyrics in covers?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!