K-pop without BTS as it's top act 🤺

• Based on hybe's announcement BTS will be back with a new album & world tour in 2026

That's 3 years of no BTS music & tours,it's important to note that just because BTS won't be releasing new music in these 3 years doesn't mean their position as #1 K-pop act will magically disappear 👀

Infact it'll be funny if in 2023/24/25 BTS remains the best performing BG on streaming especially in Korea 💀

Anyways predict what will become of K-pop in BTS absence?

Who will win those daesangs?

Who will perform at international award shows?

Most importantly will 7 be dethroned as best selling album & will LY tour be dethroned as the biggest tour???

• Who will win those daesangs?

Who will perform at international award shows?

Most importantly will 7 be dethroned as best selling album & will LY tour be dethroned as the biggest tour???

- We might see GGs start to pull more daesangs if this GP interest continues to grow

- I think initially award shows will try to pull other groups in, but if it doesn't draw the hype that BTS did then they could just turn around and not do kpop anymore

- 7 being dethroned is actually plausible to me, if kpop continues to grow in the next 2 years

• I don't care at all who will be top bg or gg or if there would be any:boredr:

I will be waiting for bts comeback in 2025 and in meantime there would be solo releases and other content too:yesr::lover3:

If I'm not mistaken,they are only coming back from military in 2025,new music & tour should realistically be later in 2026 not so?

The solos are not being given importance by hybe nor BTS themselves it seems

• individual solo + subunit BTS releases between now and 2025 will have an undeniable chart presence if they're marketed and promoted properly

touring wise, i don't see anyone in Kpop pulling full stadium world tours. With all due respect, it's just not a common thing in any genre

Jhope solo & upcoming Jin solo shows that hybe/BTS don't intend on promoting them,it's just like the mixtapes but with extra steps but first I've heard of this sub-unit??

Agreed,BP can tour stadiums in Asia but not yet in NA/EU however between now & then,they might very well be able to do so

• If I'm not mistaken,they are only coming back from military in 2025,new music & tour should realistically be later in 2026 not so?

The solos are not being given importance by hybe nor BTS themselves it seems

the term they use in the statement is "reconvening as a group following their service commitment"

it would be a shot in the foot to not release music as a group ASAP and tour shortly afterwards

my bet is group CB 2025, touring 2026

• Also BTS content will not stop dropping, Hybe has pre-filmed lots supposedly

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe album sales, some groups will do good. But bb hot 100, streaming and stadium tours, I doubt to be honest.

Alot of groups are already doing good album sales

My question is will 7 5M sales be surpassed 👀

Hot 100 has always been a BTS/BP thing so I don't think that will change

Streaming,I think stray kids is showing promise (not in kor tho lol)

Stadium tours is going to be a thing but to BTS scale? I think only BP has a realistic shot

• the term they use in the statement is "reconvening as a group following their service commitment"

it would be a shot in the foot to not release music as a group ASAP and tour shortly afterwards

my bet is group CB 2025, touring 2026

Exactly, most groups comeback immediately as soon as all members are back. I have seen some idols release new music as soon as they are back, within a month or two of their return.

• - We might see GGs start to pull more daesangs if this GP interest continues to grow

- I think initially award shows will try to pull other groups in, but if it doesn't draw the hype that BTS did then they could just turn around and not do kpop anymore

- 7 being dethroned is actually plausible to me, if kpop continues to grow in the next 2 years

Mama will have to award BP lmaoo since they're more global focused on achievements...wonder if YG will budge 🤔

I also think 7 can be dethroned by either stray kids or BP or 17

• Jhope solo & upcoming Jin solo shows that hybe/BTS don't intend on promoting them,it's just like the mixtapes but with extra steps but first I've heard of this sub-unit??

i don't know how you know about the level that Jin's single will be promoted at but if you know more than me please share your knowledge. j-hope was a bag fumble IMO and hopefully they learned from that experience

Subunits were confirmed in some statement a while ago, and you've already seen evidence of that with Bad Decisions

• this is the worst case scenario that I see also. they have cemented a certain status and could continue to tour to a core fanbase that also happens to be massive. The media buzz can go whichever way but the core demand will be there. Think of how acts from like the 70's still pull the highest grossing tours in any given year

• Looks like there's a constant stream of solos and only like, three quarters of nothing.

If this is kpop without BTS, then we have never experienced kpop WITH Blackpink

This. They will barely leave us without BTS content and tbh they have been training us well for the past 1.5 years to survive with the group music drought. Seems like last year was spent preparing content for enlistment.

• Lmaoo BTS position will not change

We talking about max of 3years & a half of no group music

BB went on a 4 years hiatus & their latest CB set records their previous one didn't

BTS CB will be huge no doubt 👍

• Well unless they going to make music during enlistment I'd say realistically they need time post enlistment to make said album & plan a tour not so?

2026 is more reasonable 👍

2026 is reasonable, 2025 is not a stretch. They've already pre-filmed content well for well into 2023, no reason they aren't recording stuff right now for that 2025 comeback. Most of the hyung line are out earlier and will be producing and writing way before JK's finish. They can record, rehearse and drop a mini within 2025 with this schedule.

All speculation though

• Well unless they going to make music during enlistment I'd say realistically they need time post enlistment to make said album & plan a tour not so?

2026 is more reasonable 👍

I would not be surprised if they have most of their post enlistment comeback music already in the works. This is BTS after all, they have always moved like a well organised machine.

• 2026 is reasonable, 2025 is not a stretch. They've already pre-filmed content well for well into 2023, no reason they aren't recording stuff right now for that 2025 comeback. Most of the hyung line are out earlier and will be producing and writing way before JK's finish. They can record, rehearse and drop a mini within 2025 with this schedule.

All speculation though

Ahh ,you are echoing ny sentiments exactly. There have been strong rumours going around that there is a lot of OT7 music already recorded enough for a mini.

• That would make their lack of creativity speeches moot tho

Yes but its all speculation and no one other than people like you hold them to every word they say.... lol. They did also say during Festa that they were not in the frame of mind to perform Run BTS, so creativity and energy was not just about songwriting.

They did perform Run BTS now, so assuming they are working on group music too is not a stretch.

• Ahh ,you are echoing ny sentiments exactly. There have been strong rumours going around that there is a lot of OT7 music already recorded enough for a mini.

when will people understand that for every official release that the public gets, there at least 4 other songs that don't make it to release. This goes for any major artist in any genre. BH/BTS have been sitting on a pile of recordings, demos and full tracks under lock and key for years now. I don't think a lack of music is going to be a major issue with the way this team moves

• when will people understand that for every official release that the public gets, there at least 4 other songs that don't make it to release. This goes for any major artist in any genre. BH/BTS have been sitting on a pile of recordings, demos and full tracks under lock and key for years now. I don't think a lack of music is going to be a major issue with the way this team moves

Its also really smart how they are releasing the old albums in vinyls format during this period, keeps the fans motivated to stream and buy and most importantly engaged.

I just hope we get their soundcloud releases in an album or atleast on Spotify, no time better than now to do so.

• Yes but its all speculation and no one other than people like you hold them to every word they say.... lol. They did also say during Festa that they were not in the frame of mind to perform Run BTS, so creativity and energy was not just about songwriting.

They did perform Run BTS now, so assuming they are working on group music too is not a stretch.

Their words not mine lol

Ultimately they are a K-pop group

• when will people understand that for every official release that the public gets, there at least 4 other songs that don't make it to release. This goes for any major artist in any genre. BH/BTS have been sitting on a pile of recordings, demos and full tracks under lock and key for years now. I don't think a lack of music is going to be a major issue with the way this team moves

Why would u want the supposed rejects tho lol

• Their words not mine lol

Ultimately they are a K-pop group

You do realise that if they knew they were gonna enlist they would want a break with their family and friends and time to rest before enlisting. It wasn't just about solo debuts as we can now see in hindsight. Going hard with group activities in such a time would not give them a much needed break before enlisting. What matters is that BTS always keep their promise to the fandom, so if they say they will be back in 2025, I would believe that.

• Why would u want the supposed rejects tho lol

bit of a strawman argument. No one wants rejects, but if they've got tracks that they haven't quite got right yet, or wouldn't fit on certain other projects, or are kind of experimental, then I'm all for hearing the final product. You'd be surprised at how long it takes for some ideas to come to full fruition. I'm just open minded about how the process works.

• You do realise that if they knew they were gonna enlist they would want a break with their family and friends and time to rest before enlisting. It wasn't just about solo debuts as we can now see in hindsight. Going hard with group activities in such a time would not give them a much needed break before enlisting. What matters is that BTS always keep their promise to the fandom, so if they say they will be back in 2025, I would believe that.

Nobody said they won't be back in 2025 lol

Hopefully less pretentious 👍

• This thread contains 60 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!