BOP vs FLOP : LEE CHAN HYUK 'Panorama'

• How do you find Panorama? 12

1. BOP (8) 67%
    2. BLOP (4) 33%
    3. FLOP (0) 0%

Lee Chan Hyuk, the older brother of the AKMU duo, officially debuted today as a soloist!

Check out his title track "Panorama," and share you verdict about the song. :oks:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This song floored me. His delivery was so muted for most of this song, yet i found myself captivated. Obviously the retro instrumentals/synths were spot on, YGE has been really KILLING it with their retro stuff recently with Ikon, Treasure, BP, and now Chanhyuk.

Here i was anticipating Gidle and LSRFM, and it's this rando solo from AKMU that steals the show. :pepe-shrug:

• So I just listened to the album in full and I'm a bit disappointed. A lot of Weeknd lite stuff in there which is fine, but I don't think there's any real standout tracks. More autotune/vocal processing on some tracks than I would like as well. Suhyun's vocals on some of these tracks would have been a treat.

I found Next Episode a bit underwhelming as well (though Stupid love Song was one of my favourite songs from last year) so was hoping his first album would make up for it a bit as AKMU have long been one of my favourite Korean artists.

He did his own thing on this clearly though so can't fault that. There are two tracks >5 mins long, you don't really get that much anymore.

• So I just listened to the album in full and I'm a bit disappointed. A lot of Weeknd lite stuff in there which is fine, but I don't think there's any real standout tracks. More autotune/vocal processing on some tracks than I would like as well. Suhyun's vocals on some of these tracks would have been a treat.

I found Next Episode a bit underwhelming as well (though Stupid love Song was one of my favourite songs from last year) so was hoping his first album would make up for it a bit as AKMU have long been one of my favourite Korean artists.

He did his own thing on this clearly though so can't fault that. There are two tracks >5 mins long, you don't really get that much anymore.

Do you consider Panorama a Weeknd lite song? What did you think of it?

• Do you consider Panorama a Weeknd lite song? What did you think of it?

I do and when the album teaser came out it was also the first thing that came to my mind. Weeknd songs do tend to have a higher tempo or at least sections of the song that get more active versus Panorama though on average.

I really like the Weeknd's retro stuff so it's definitely not a bad song to my ears, really none of the songs on this album are bad. There's just nothing to it that makes me want to put it back on and he's too talented for that to be the case. But maybe his vocals stopped him having those kinds of high points.

I've said for the longest time that he's the best/most creative producer in YGE, the amount of genres he has traversed over the years puts Teddy to shame. So for a full album I admittedly had very high expectations.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!