Any over the counter remedies I can use for dry lips?

• ghostings

Changed the title of the thread from “Any over the counter ingredients I can use for dry lips?” to “Any over the counter remedies I can use for dry lips?”.
  • I have very dry lips and I'm taking acne medication, so they are even more dry than usual. my dermatologist prescribed me the Nivea lip balm (the blue one), and honestly, that's the best lip product I have ever used.

• Vaseline :yesr: I put a shit ton on my lips before I go to bed and use it throughout the day too, but not as much because it makes your lips shiny

• Vaseline is good, Burts Bees is good if its sold in your area, there's a company called Asparagus that I'll stan for because it's the lip product that I use everyday and it's AMAZING as a lip balm, but you'll probably have to order it online.

• Carmex is lit. Vaseline is okay, but doesn't solve the problem if you don't have enough moisture in your body to hold in. You'll be back to "dry/crack town" and reapplying another dollop of grease slick on your lips! Making sure you are regularly getting enough water helps a lot too.

0083078008949.jpg

• I've done a lot of research due to developing lip eczema and I've tried a lot of lip products. Honestly, most lip balms on the market are terrible for you. What you want to avoid is damaging your moisture barrier and using products with irritants, which A LOT of lip balms have.

Vaseline is occlusive, so it's not really going to be absorbed into the skin. It's more of a lip protectant. While it's not going to give you any additional moisture, it will prevent moisture loss, which is especially good for when you're sleeping. Aquaphor is also a good occlusive product.

If you need more more moisture than just what your lips have naturally, which you probably do, you can apply your regular moisturizer or hydrating serums to your lips, let it fully absorb into your lips, then apply an occlusive product on top to seal it in.

As for during the daytime, there are A LOT of lip balms that are terrible for you. Stay away from anything that's "medicated", with menthol, camphor, phenols, peppermint, alcohol, salicylic acid (which is exfoliating, but drying). All these things are irritants and/or drying. They'll give you a feeling that it's working, but it's really just doing slow damage to your skin.

Stay away from Blistex, Chapstick, Carmex, any of the Burt's Bees lipbalms that have peppermint oil (some of the flavors don't, and they're fine), etc.

Personally, the best one I've used is La Roche Posay. Totally clean, no fragrance, but it's a bit on the pricier side.

Otherwise Jack Black is also good and they have ones with SPF, which is good during the daytime when you're out in the sun. Uriage is a good dermatologist brand if you can find it, and Nivea is definitely the cheapest and most accessible choice. These all have fragrance, but I personally haven't found any of them irritating.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Carmex make some really great products, I have to say! I would also like to recommend that you check out some vitamins like those from Canadian pharmacy, for example. I am pretty sure that you will find them interesting and working for your skin/lips. Good luck with it, hope I was helpful to you here :wink:

Edited once, last by leticca ().

• VASELINE IS MY LIFE SAVER

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I found honey working great for me. I use a lot of usual lip balm, but from time to time I just apply some honey on my lips and leave it for a few minutes. After that I follow up with a lip butter or a lip balm. Cheap, easy to get anywhere and it tastes nice ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!