(G)I-DLE 'Nxde' - MV Teaser 1

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OH LETS GOOO i am ready for slay pop off !!!

NeverlandTaglist

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• just gonna say that

this still doesn't tell me anything about the song

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ik flapper culture is literally based in the western hemisphere but god why oh why do they insist on cramming their songs with as many awkward english lyrics as possible :pepecry: wasn’t tomboy enough; i don’t want to have another gidle song ruined for me :peperain:

• oh boy, here we go again :pepe-shame:

? Is this supposed to be contempt for me voicing my opinion? lyrics that subconsciously register in my brain even without me wanting them to greatly affect my reception of songs so props to you if you can ignore that to enjoy the music but I don’t have the ability to do that and just turn off words i understand in my head especially when they’re really jarring lol poor me :pepe-shame:

• This is cultural? It seems time period based

1920s

Gatsby

I mean intresting reference

The teaser images were more 1950s pin up girls but MV is 1920s

They might go through different decades?

• ? Is this supposed to be contempt for me voicing my opinion? lyrics that subconsciously register in my brain even without me wanting them to greatly affect my reception of songs so props to you if you can ignore that to enjoy the music but I don’t have the ability to do that and just turn off words i understand in my head especially when they’re really jarring lol poor me :pepe-shame:

Like rude and nude are just thrown there bc they rhyme but the lyrics doesn't make any sense

I'm ok with k lyrics that doesn't make sense bc I atleast wouldn't know

• Ik flapper culture is literally based in the western hemisphere but god why oh why do they insist on cramming their songs with as many awkward english lyrics as possible :pepecry: wasn’t tomboy enough; i don’t want to have another gidle song ruined for me :peperain:

The English lyrics aren't the problem, it's who's writing all of them. :rolleyes: No one in that company knows how to say "No" to her.

I don't know why anyone is pointing out the use of western cultural aesthetics. Welcome to Kpop? :pepe-shrug:

• Like rude and nude are just thrown there bc they rhyme but the lyrics doesn't make any sense

I'm ok with k lyrics that doesn't make sense bc I atleast wouldn't know

exactly. i know for a fact that if i was fluent in korean i would have a much harder time enjoying kpop bc the nonsensical lyrics would kill me lol. there’s a reason i don’t tune in to pop songs in my mother tongue :pepe-cringe:

• the styling is 1920s flapper girls

yeah its western culture

Cultural appropriation!

Cancel them now! :policepepe:

• I understood the lyrics perfectly. She's saying stop being so close minded about nudity, think beyond your preconceived stereotypes about nudity and you'll end up liking it.

What i dont like is how Soyeon constantly sings lyrics that dont match what's in the subtitles. This even happened on that legendary performance she did before Tomboy came out in that MBC survival show.

The subtitled lyrics indicate that she should have sang this:

"Why you think that about nude"

Instead she ended up singing this:

"Why you think about nude"

The word "that" is really important here, without that word, it really muddies up the message that Soyeon is trying to convey here. The "that" refers to negative attitudes about nudity which is what she is railing against, if you leave it out, then the meaning changes to Soyeon asking the listener why he or she is thinking about nudity, which isnt the message.

And i have more bones to pick here. First of all, when did it become fashionable to drop the word "do" after the word "why"??? Is this now considered appropriate English? Blackpink does this all the time too, it annoys me a fuckton. It's "Why DO you think about...." not "Why you think about...".

Secondly, in these lyrics, "nude" should be replaced with "nudity".

• two words: poetic licence :pepe-smug:

• They made a similar mistake in their last song, leaving a very important "A" out of the actual chorus being sung, despite it being included in the written lyrics. At first I thought it might be a purposeful double entendre, but then I heard the rest of the song... Soyeon just shouldn't be allowed to write English lyrics.

• They made a similar mistake in their last song, leaving a very important "A" out of the actual chorus being sung, despite it being included in the written lyrics. At first I thought it might be a purposeful double entendre, but then I heard the rest of the song... Soyeon just shouldn't be allowed to write English lyrics.

LOL YES. It bothered me so much omg. This is Soyeon's only weakness, the bungled English might be ok for nugu groups created in some rando Seoul office basement and funded by a 10k loan from gramma, but Gidle is now a literal standard bearer and trend setter in Kpop, they're a bonafide top tier global girl group.

Cube, for the love of everything that is pure and holy, get yourself an intern with fluent English and have them barricaded inside the recording studio when Idle goes to record so that these slipups dont get permanently burned into the master track. Hell, Cube, just email the songs to me beforehand and let me comb over it syllable by syllable for free.

• You guys are weird. A song doesn't have to be a peer reviewed academic work in linguistics and semantics.

You make it sound like every song in English in the entire world, including from English speaking countries, is a masterclass of English grammar and syntax. Which is obviously not the case.

So is it possible that Soyeon's English lyrics sound weird to a native speaker? Yes, I guess it is. Is it such a big deal though? Just let go, guys. Free yourself of your shackles and fly!

• You guys are weird. A song doesn't have to be a peer reviewed academic work in linguistics and semantics.

You make it sound like every song in English in the entire world, including from English speaking countries, is a masterclass of English grammar and syntax. Which is obviously not the case.

So is it possible that Soyeon's English lyrics sound weird to a native speaker? Yes, I guess it is. Is it such a big deal though? Just let go, guys. Free yourself of your shackles and fly!

It might not be a big deal to you, but for me it really can ruin a song. Like Tomboy.

• It might not be a big deal to you, but for me it really can ruin a song. Like Tomboy.

But that is kpop, some groups even have English speakers, yet your hear weird English lyrics in their songs.

It just happens, I felt the same way when I first started listening to Kpop, you just get used to it.

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

When her grammatical errors completely alter the meaning of what is being said, yes, that is a pretty big deal. There is a HUGE difference between the intended meaning of some of her lyrics and what's actually being said. Pop music isn't usually the most meaningful thing in the world, but they might as well just speak mindless gibberish if we're going to completely write off the significance of what's being said. And that's without even going into how cringey a lot of it sounds, grammatically correct or not.

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!