ATEEZ - ZERO : FEVER PT2. ALBUM REVIEW

• ATEEZ is back with a new record, and here I am kind of a bit worried. Fever Pt1 experimented with their sound that I was not used to from them, so I feel that it felt a bit flat. despite competing in Kingdom. And if you have that it mind, it may mean that they are trying to experiment with their songs. This may be a good thing though as we head to their new song Fireworks (I’m the One)

It is a good song. I get hyped when listening to it. There are parts that are unfulfilling like when there is a EDM pause in the chorus and the song just repeats the chorus. I also wish that the beat drop went to a harder chorus but it is fine. I would have wished for an EDM refrain just to keep the intensity. Usually, I don’t consider choreo but the choreo of the track doesn’t fit the song that much because of the much-needed intensity. It is fine, However, does what it is meant to do. Better that Inception

The Leaders is a trap heavy song. It is a more typical Ateez song to me. I was feeling the song until there was a beat change in the second verse. That didn’t feel great for me. Also, the chorus doesn’t fit the build-up at all.

Time of Love - OH THIS ISN’T A BALLAD THANK YOU! However, this sounds like a Western boy song from the 2010s. I do like these types of songs because the production is much tighter and focused. However, not everyone likes the 4 beat to minute type of songs because they seem generic but I enjoy them. There are better songs on this lane though.

Take me Home: Oh another obligatory Blinding Lights clone. Didn’t I tell you guys last review? We will be seeing this way more often. The chorus is just so magical. The rapping does take me out of it though. They are not good here. However, if you have a good chorus, you basically have a good song, unless the verses are atrocious. Really good song.

Celebrate is one of those uplifting slower/gospel hybrid songs. Similar to what Big Bang used to do. Its ok. Nothing much to say here. Once the piano starts you know what you are getting. A good way to end the album’s original songs.

Take Me Home - Honestly, this is a decent english version.I know Ateez doesn’t have fluent English versions and the raps don;t seem pronounced, but I never liked the raps in this song anyway. Clearly but the chorus seems better in English than Korean to me so this deserves its spot on the album.

Fireworks (I’m the One) (HEAT Topping Version) It is in English it seems. Doesn’t seem too jarring in English. However this remix seems that it would e performed on Kingdom, so I know why this exists, but it feels pointless to me. The remix only makes the song more ATEEZ like, but it does not fit with how the song is structured

This mini-album does not feel as focused as other ATEEZ albums on a concept or on a sound. Instead of maturing ATEEZ’s sound, it waters it down and adds different ones, which may not be a good thing. There are good tracks here so I hope KQ takes the feedback from those songs and implements them into a more proper ATEEZ song.

Taking all my thoughts into consideration, I would rate this a 4/10.

Here is my review in video format (preferred)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And here is my Twitter for more updates.

https://twitter.com/cottoncandyrevs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!