RE: Produce privilege shouldn't even be call as a privilege

• So I actually want to discuss this. This isn't really an ill-hearted anon but I kinda want to know what is the general consensus for this

OP

I find it funny how, people look at the post-produce success of I.O.I and W1, and thinks it's a produce curse. This is especially true for DIA/gugudan/Pristin. But when it comes to IVE/LE SSERAFIM/post-IZ*ONE soloists, suddenly it's a privilege?

So y'all just change the narrative to whatever suits you? I bet if IVE/LE SSERAFIM was flopping hard y'all would call it a curse.

Funny how some Big3/4 groups have reality show competition, huge ass promos of pre-debut trainees hype. I'm not saying that the following groups are popular because of those reasons but just some examples to show you what I mean.

Twice had SIXTEEN, Treasure has some reality show competition as well, same as ENHYPEN. There's this Trainee A thingy or whatever that is happening. Literally before aespa debut you have millions of people speculating who are going to debut, Koeum or Lami I think? NMIXX literally sold thousands without knowing a single member.

All Big 4 have their own hype that they did and no one called them out on it (I'm not saying they need to, but it is what it is). And suddenly when Produce happen, it's all Produce hype?

IZ*ONE has 2+ years to build a fanbase yes, but bitch Y'ALL WERE SAYING HOW THEY ARE FLOPPING ON THE CHARTS, GOING TO BE SURPASSED BY EVERYONE. I mean to be fair all the examples I named above, if they promoted for 2.5 years of course they will be established at their 3rd year. Like Twice, they were killing it after 2.5 years (not sure about the rest) , so what is wrong with IVE/LE SSERAFIM doing the same after 2.5 years with IZ*ONE?

I mean brave of y'all to say this since none of your faves actually existed during IZ*ONE era, and when new groups debut and IZ*ONE is no longer in the competition since they disbanded it's like y'all totally forgot about them. But suddenly when it is time to downplay IVE/LE SSERAFIM, y'all choose to conveniently whip out the Produce privilege card.

I dont deny that IVE/LE SSERAFIM benefitted from Produce/IZ*ONE, but so did every other Big 3/4 that benefitted from their own companies. In fact, I would say post IZ*ONE groups/artists EARNED THEIR PRIVILEGE. They worked hard for 2.5 years (and even more years before Produce 48) to build up their fanbase, hone their skills. They VERY WELL DESERVE THE PRIVILEGE. Has any of the Big 3/4 worked hard for 2.5 years to GET THEIR PRIVILEGE? Sure they worked hard as trainees waiting for the debut. Guess what, IZ*ONE members DID TOO before they went on the show. And on top of that they hustle for 2.5 years to get to where they are.

Anyways, stream After Like

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think it is in some ways and isn't in others. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, like most people associate with the word privilege. However, IN SOME CASES, NOT ALL, it can give them a sizeable debut fanbase. Really, it depends how you look at it. Are you talking strictly about fandom size and numbers? Then in a significant number of cases, it is. Are you also including the trainee's mental health and other things like that? Then the line becomes more blurry. Everyone, both the "winners" and the ones who didn't make the group have to deal with so much mentally that I have no clue how they do it. That's my current take anyway.

• I think it is in some ways and isn't in others. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, like most people associate with the word privilege. However, IN SOME CASES, NOT ALL, it can give them a sizeable debut fanbase. Really, it depends how you look at it. Are you talking strictly about fandom size and numbers? Then in a significant number of cases, it is. Are you also including the trainee's mental health and other things like that? Then the line becomes more blurry. Everyone, both the "winners" and the ones who didn't make the group have to deal with so much mentally that I have no clue how they do it. That's my current take anyway.

Fanbase wise, IVE for instance I think (I could be wrong) sold less than NMIXX. Sure they surpassed them now with their comebacks

The way I see it, IVE earned their privilege. Starship couldn't do these huge ass promos or hype for their own groups so they sent their trainers to produce to earn that privilege, which is all fair game. Not only that, Wonyoung and Yujin worked hard for an extra 2.5 years (and so did every other IZ*ONE members) compared to all the other Big 3/4 groups, they very well earned whatever they deserved.

• Fanbase wise, IVE for instance I think (I could be wrong) sold less than NMIXX. Sure they surpassed them now with their comebacks

The way I see it, IVE earned their privilege. Starship couldn't do these huge ass promos or hype for their own groups so they sent their trainers to produce to earn that privilege, which is all fair game. Not only that, Wonyoung and Yujin worked hard for an extra 2.5 years (and so did every other IZ*ONE members) compared to all the other Big 3/4 groups, they very well earned whatever they deserved.

I remember that, that's really impressive!

They sure did, and I'm happy for their success. I do agree they more than deserve it, and didn't mean to imply otherwise in any way, so I apologize if I came across like that at all. Also, I think is cases like Starship's, it was understandable why they did what they did and I'm glad it worked out, I just hope none of them are too scarred from back in those produce days, but if they're fine now, then no harm, no foul as far as I see it.

• I wrote a thesis and you gave me one line

:pepe-narrow-eyes::pepe-narrow-eyes:

I could give you just one word

• The privilege is proportional to the show's success. I was not into kpop back then but I feel Produce 48 was quite a popular show, wasn't it?

More popular than GP999 for example. In the case of GP999, I don't expect a lot of members to benefit from "Produce" privilege after Kep1er is done. Too many fans got soured because of past controversies, plus new disgruntled fans this time over dubious voting rules.

So I don't know, maybe the PD48/IZ*ONE privilege is the only actual privilege among the Produce series. But if it's real, it's real.

• produce was popular and people forget that Wonyoung still gained popularity after Izone ended.

people shouldn't downplay that, IVE was probably the most anticipated girlgroup in online spaces since Aespa. Every thread on them got crazy engagement.

that IS privilege, they didn't just blow up out of nowhere. Still amazing how well they're doing but I see Dives doing BTS comparisons on twitter and I'm like...those are not the same lol IVE's debut single already did better than almost all other recent groups' debuts.

• It’s the privilege of exposure I guess. Whether that gets used well is another question. I think produce + upper mid tier company is the best combo. The privilege is less noticeable the more nugu a company is.

So the answer is Ive is more privileged than say WJSN or MonstaX. And they’re also more privileged than say Gugudan (Meaning starship is definitely better known than jellyfish)

But is Ive as privileged as say New Jeans or Aespa, that’s harder to answer. Idk.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!