Ads in akp is worsenning?

• It's definitly got way worse with the ads. On every device. On my mobile phone, there is one to three ads after every news block, usually the same one all the way. On my tablet, videos pop up every like 30 seconds and there is usually a pop up with an ad, that plays a video ad before. If you skip ad, it just displays a different ad. It sometimes even freezes the tablet to the point I have to close all open apps and restart the browser. On PC browser there is always a banner ad at the bottom and the aforementioned Pop Up Ad with an ad playing before it. It can really understand having to rely on ads to generate money for the blog, but the page is usually not functioning clean already, sometimes freezes up oreven used to crash my browser on my older tablet and all the badly programmed ads just add to that problem. Especially on mobile the page just gets slower and slower and sometimes, I can't even click on the news blocks to read the article. I then have to re-load the page and wait for the cookie pop up to open and reassure it, that yes, it still is alloewd to save cookies to actually accssess the articles. I think the ads need to be impletemented in a way they don't sabbotage the pages functionality that much.

• I'm not that tech fit, I must admit. But I think some of the ads may just be badly done and that's why they might sabbotage the page so much. There is also an ad style that displays the ad on the page and once you scroll across it, it turns into a Pop Up at the lower right corner (and starts playing the ad video, that changed to just a picture ad after that). I think that with the appearance of that ad, the problems really got bad. Maybe there's something wanky going on with that thing. Usually the scroll speed also slows down as soon as that one ad pops up. If I close it, the pages performance stabelizes massively and then worsens again when the ad pops up again. I use Firefox on my computer and Safari on my mobile devices, if that helps.

I struggle to understand teh sudden increase in ads as well. Did the maintanence costs for the page/host/server increase a lot maybe?

• Ves I feel like the problem stated here could easily be solved, is there anyway of limiting ads? Like you work with sponsored posts and every hour there's an ad that pops-up. Or look at the system Fandom-wiki installed, their ads aren't as dominant as people are saying they are here. I'm not a dev but I think there's an easy solution to this problem considering this site is the only site I actively use that has ads who are this aggressive other than pirating sites.

I don't understand how ads seem so dominant over the platform when it's not the sites only source of income, there are lots of people who go allkill and who buy akhorns regularly, akp even has it's own shop. I just want to know what the problem is and if there's anything I can do to help.

This is too bad for words considering ads aren't the sites only source of income.

I am not in charge of the amount of ads - those are areas I cannot touch, but I will let others on core staff know :borahae:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!