Why some of new jeans stans are proud that knetz think Hanni looks Korean?

• It’s not even a compliment. It’s putting down her race? I’ve seen lots of Thais and viets who look like this and it’s pretty common look in those areas as well. If their parents are from the certain race then it means they are from that country and look like their own kind. You K-pop stans have no right to say what race they look like if you are not even from Asia yourself. Hanni looks like a Vietnamese girl but her look is what Koreans think is pretty. This is what they should have said. They are trying to erase her identity and praise their own while having K-pop stans spoiling them 🙄 again and these stans are giving them too much privileges unless they disrespect your own race that’s the only the times they start speaking. Hypocrite much?

• Jenchulichaengbp

Changed the title of the thread from “Why some of new jeans are proud that knetz think Hanni looks Korean?” to “Why some of new jeans stans are proud that knetz think Hanni looks Korean?”.
  • It’s not even a compliment. It’s putting down her race? I’ve seen lots of Thais and viets who look like this and it’s pretty common look in those areas as well. If their parents are from the certain race then it means they are from that country and look like their own kind. You K-pop stans have no right to say what race they look like if you are not even from Asia yourself. Hanni looks like a Vietnamese girl but her look is what Koreans think is pretty. This is what they should have said. They are trying to erase her identity and praise their own while having K-pop stans spoiling them 🙄 again and these stans are giving them too much privileges unless they disrespect your own race that’s the only the times they start speaking. Hypocrite much?

You say kpop is boring and then come back all fired up with your righteous anger. GO GIRL!

• The question is; is being a korean a race in itself ? because i thought that Vietnamese belong to the same race as koreans ? or am I wrong ?

That's what I thought too but people divide themselves even when they're the same race. This isn't the best example but around the 17th century in South America, blonde blue-eyed whites (spanish settlers) were seen as superior to dark-haired, brown-eyed whites from here cause these were considered to be "less pure"

And for some time there was like a reciprocated hate between Latam and Spain even though most people in power were theoretically the same race

So tl;dr you are correct but koreans view it differently :pepe-shrug:

out of service

• That's what I thought too but people divide themselves even when they're the same race. This isn't the best example but around the 17th century in South America, blonde blue-eyed whites (spanish settlers) were seen as superior to dark-haired, brown-eyed whites from here cause these were considered to be "less pure"

And for some time there was like a reciprocated hate between Latam and Spain even though most people in power were theoretically the same race

For some time? We still hate Spain here, honey.

• That's what I thought too but people divide themselves even when they're the same race. This isn't the best example but around the 17th century in South America, blonde blue-eyed whites (spanish settlers) were seen as superior to dark-haired, brown-eyed whites from here cause these were considered to be "less pure"

It is human nature to categorize. "Homogenous" doesn't stop at race. Some people say one day everyone will be brown (which is a load of BS IMO, recessive genes, partial inheritance and mutations will always exist), but even if it were to happen, trust that people will find something else to make themselves part of the "in group".

• The thing Koreans aren't even an ethnic group so here we're talking about Koreans being nationalist

You've never seen East Asians (such as Koreans) act like they are superior to Southeast Asians (such as Vietnamese)? They don't consider themselves part of the same ethnic group. Hell Indians are South Asians and most East Asians don't consider them part of the same ethnic group either.

• You've never seen East Asians (such as Koreans) act like they are superior to Southeast Asians (such as Vietnamese)? They don't consider themselves part of the same ethnic group. Hell Indians are South Asians and most East Asians don't consider them part of the same ethnic group either.

Yeah I'm fully aware of the god complex that some Koreans have

• The thing Koreans aren't even an ethnic group so here we're talking about Koreans being nationalist

I also think you mistake what nationalism is. Saying someone looks a certain way can never be nationalism because nationalism depends upon the nation - and a nation itself is not equivalent to race or ethnicity. It just some happens that many Asian countries are primarily homogenous in race, but that is an entirely separate thing.

And there is no agreed upon consensus of what is "race" or "ethnicity" - there are purely constructs of the human need to categorize and as such they will continue to be tailored as people seek to group themselves.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!