Born Pink V THE ALBUM US first week comparison thread

• Sales :

BP = 75.5K(64K CDs & 11.5K digitals)

TA = 81K(74K* CDs & 6K digitals)

3 reasons why BP pure sales are lower than TA :

1: 3 versions priced at $50 available at target & other stores compared to TA 4 versions priced at $22 at target & $30 other stores, the digipaks cost $25 throughout the pre-orders & were available only online while TA jewel cases cost only $10 & were announced simultaneously with the box sets

2: THE FUCKING 2 YEARS HIATUS, u have to remember TA was released during lockdown so there was no tour or in person promo after the album release

3: the 7+1 songs tracklist 🚶

4: more creative album packaging lol

If all 4 are addressed by YG,the next album pure sales will show a huge increase on release ✔️

Streaming:

BP = 37.5M streams (18.5M from Spotify & 19M from other platforms like apple music & YT)

TA = 40.5M streams ( 20.5M from Spotify & 20M from other platforms)

4 reasons why BP pulled less streams:

1: the 7+1 tracklist.......

2: no collabs

3: no significant US promo

4: THE FUCKING 2 YEARS HIATUS, remember after TA release there was no in person promo or a tour so BP US awareness is much lower now than in 2020

If these 4 reasons are addressed by YG for the next album,the streams will also see a huge increase

Good thing is so far it's looking like YG will have a chance to address all these before the next era begins in 2024.

It's very easy for the company & Interscope to point out what decisions lead to BP 102K debut lmaoo

* TA actually sold 102K(97K CDs) in pure sales but billboard filtered 20K sales probably due to fan not purchasing properly.

• If these 4 reasons are addressed by YG...

Good thing is so far it's looking like YG will have a chance to address all these...

It's very easy for the company & Interscope to point out what decisions....

We really still gonna do this huh? :pepe-shame:

F#ck it! Let's do it. :pepe-clown-walk:

• they need to fix this stupid hiatuses if they are going to renew

Yep they have to release BP music yearly if they ever hope to reach the stars lol

Album + repack after 6 months sounds totally doable even for YG

Just make sure the album is 10 songs & repack is 3-4 new songs + price them reasonably & actually advertise your shit once u open pre-orders not release week lol

Very easy lol

BP is not declining at all but if they don't address these,the 2024 era will be even worse

• No they aren't declining, but they are steady. The pricing was also a big problem, still surprised how we did it with auch playlist lol

I hope repack is really coming, or collab or smth, because it doesn't feel like comeback.

Instead of making tons of teasers, yg should've planned better promotions

• I think blinks definitely improved this era in terms of streaming, also buying on iTunes, and other things as well.

there have been a lot of changes to the billboard systems since the album was released don't forget. remember the album also had bundles for the concert tickets and merch, which i didn't mind bc the merch was expensive asf but that also plays into why the sales were a little higher. the fact that Blackpink was able to score this number 1 and get the same amount of numbers as the album without the collabs and after a two year hiatus is very telling that Blackpink is definitely staying for a while in the American market. also them selling out all their american dates ajfdhas

• No they aren't declining, but they are steady. The pricing was also a big problem, still surprised how we did it with auch playlist lol

I hope repack is really coming, or collab or smth, because it doesn't feel like comeback.

Instead of making tons of teasers, yg should've planned better promotions

The repack should be 4 songs imo & 2 of those should be collabs

Most importantly the single needs to be full eng & have global radio airplay, 🤞 they deliver

Also price it reasonably YG lol

We might even repeak at #1 with even higher units than 102K 😌

• I think blinks definitely improved this era in terms of streaming, also buying on iTunes, and other things as well.

there have been a lot of changes to the billboard systems since the album was released don't forget. remember the album also had bundles for the concert tickets and merch, which i didn't mind bc the merch was expensive asf but that also plays into why the sales were a little higher. the fact that Blackpink was able to score this number 1 and get the same amount of numbers as the album without the collabs and after a two year hiatus is very telling that Blackpink is definitely staying for a while in the American market. also them selling out all their american dates ajfdhas

Well yeah but it was all last minute ditch

It's impressive for sure despite all the handicaps

I think the next era will surprise everyone if YG do it right

• It shouldn't be disappointment as it was announcement of born pink tracklist, i really hope they won't fck up one more time :pepe-pray:

• Well yeah but it was all last minute ditch

It's impressive for sure despite all the handicaps

I think the next era will surprise everyone if YG do it right

yg being our biggest enemy since day 1, literally since their debut.

it feels like no matter what we do, they'll still ruin the girls chance of getting to the top. if we buy all the albums and break records, they put them on a hiatus, if we boycott, there's a high probability that they put bp on the back burner more then they already are and make way for their new gg. we cant win

• So apparently They change the rules how to count digital single/album to the bb..it used to be 4/1 credit card now it's 1/1 credit card even you buy more it will only count 1. This is what people say on twitter

• Yes...

not bad but not good indeed.

• At least they get streams unlike like all groups apart from BTS.. All the other groups are all about just mass buying and the other group that did better recently had 17 versions and way cheaper so..

• The amount of money YG & Teddy & the pinks are earning from these 8 songs....

It's insane despite the millions BP brings in, nobody will suggest like let's just give the fans what they want?!

They can literally hold a public poll just to make sure too but nah fuck dem fans,they will pay whatever cause they're simps lmaoo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!