I need your opinion on me and my best friend's case

• Hi guys. I could post in lounge, but I prefer to be in anons.

So I have a friend, best friend, we were raised together, as neighbors and as friend and we know each other for 23 years already. Now we live in both same city, but not our hometown. I'm studying and she is working. she has brother and I have sister. we are all best friends, because all of us, 4, were raised together since forever lol. My sister still lives in our hometown and a week ago she came to visit me for a few days. So my best friend and brother has bought a new house and finished decorating it two weeks ago. ofc I was going to visit her and when my sister came to me, we decided to go together. So I told my friend if she was okay and comfortable, we would come to visit her on Sunday, but she told me she was going to a wedding one of her relatives and she would be free on Saturday evening, because on that day she was going to buy gifts. I told her if she had no time on Saturday too, even in the evening, it was not a problem, because we are close enough for her to tell me that and we or me alone would visit her next time. But she insisted on us coming and said that she would be free after 5 PM. I agreed and said then we'll come around 6 PM. She told me she would call me when she'll be home.

on Saturday at 12am me and my sister went shopping to buy some present for our friends, as long as it was new house we wouldn't come empty handed, and bought some household things such as beautiful plates and vase, because she loves these things. So at 5 or 5:15 we came home and we were waiting for her to call us. 6pm, 7pm, she is not calling, none of them are online for me to reach. and finally at 8pm she called me and says that she just came home and she is waiting for us. So at 8pm it was already dark, and she doesn't live in the safest neighborhood. We are relying on bus and underground because we don't have a car, so we thought that getting ready and road and everything would take us 1 hour or little more and coming back home would be late 11pm or more. it was too late. so I called her back and said it was already too late night, and dark, also she needed to rest and get prepared for wedding so it was better if we would come next time. she was hesitating and said there was no problem she didn't need any rest or smth, but we agreed to meet next time.

I know it's a long story. but I want your opinion. I am not angry at her or with her brother, I'm just frustrated and kinda disappointed, because we are close enough and she could've told me she couldn't make it, because I didn't have any problem. but she literally insisted on us coming and that's why I agreed. Also it's just my thought maybe, but when I know I have guests in the evening, I'll try to do my things earlier idk. maybe I'm wrong. what you think?

It didn't change our relationship anyhow, I'll visit her if she asks me in the future. I was just frustrated

Approved the thread.
  • maybe her phone died or she wasn't anticipating this.. things like this can happen. but i hope you guys can visit her soon <3

• If that didn't change your guys relationship, then it's okay.
    Feeling disappointed and frustrated are normal because like you said, you are an early person and it's also normal to sometimes feel frustrated on someone, even if that person is close to us.

what the important thing is, it didn't ruin things that both of you had for years.

I am actually glad that you can vent those out here, because maybe you can't talk this directly to her, afraid that this could hurt her too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!