If BTS did the desperate tactics BP are doing to secure a #1, on a scale of 99 to 100, how many articles would western publications already have written about them?

• Since people were up in arms about Dynamite's 8 remixes that came after they already secured their #1 on BB HOT 100,

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

that never stopped them from being dragged for what their western peers were doing and even worse (ehem lil nas x had like almost 21 different remixes of OTR) *And to be honest, aside from longevity, Dynamite the original was the one that genuinely became a hit and didn't even need the remixes in the long run as I write this hearing Dynamite at TJ Maxx.*

So imagine them literally making Spotify deals, going in person to hand over free copies (also like taylor swift) releasing more than 10 versions of an album instead of just the 2 versions that costs $100 to both own, bundles, digipacks, HEAVILY DISCOUNTED chicken nugget digital albums etc

Would we have immediately already seen BB, RS, Variety etc and all their white writers unleash their articles dragging them to filth? Just imagine the horror of army having to defend the desperation from an industry that already hate that they are as big as they are when they never wanted them. Sometimes in that regards, not being the biggest act currently has its benefits because you can easily slide under the radar doing anything honestly and most would be gracious enough to not drag you until weeks later. But I would personally like to see BT21 bundles just for the funsies :pepe-hehe: Thankfully that one Citi Field date they did give free digital copies were 1, not in person and 2, testing the waters to see if they can in fact sell a stadium in the US and as luck would have it, they can and did so they never needed to do it again. If they did do it again, I'm pretty sure we would have already had a headline "BTS giving out freebies because they can't fill out stadium" :pepe-cringe:

:pepe-army:

• Go to Best Answer
  • I mean you can always dm the journalist to write about it if you are so passionate.

It wouldn't be the first time kpopies done sth like that

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS is on hiatus so Armys should go on break too especially those that swear they don't care about Kpop

And who told you BTS is on hiatus?

External Content m.youtube.com

You kpop fans are showing too much desperation to want them on haitus.

• BTS is on hiatus so Armys should go on break too especially those that swear they don't care about Kpop

LMAO, this gives me twitter kpop stan logic. BP is on hiatus more often than not. Exo has also been on break as a group. Where is this energy for all the fandoms whose faves are on a break/hiatus? Non existant becauae it is only ARMY and BTS that inspires so many insecure haters.

• And who told you BTS is on hiatus?

External Content m.youtube.com

You kpop fans are showing too much desperation to want them on haitus.

Well, I do not keep up with their news but I saw multiple threads here with people discussing them taking a break after their compilation album. Also, none of these Kpop groups are paying my bills so there is no reason for me to be desperate about anything

• Best Answer

OP, the west treats BTS like that because they felt threatened. If BTS had done all those desperate tactics they would have obliterated the "A" list competition. Then not only would you have seen more disparaging articles about BTS but you would have seen them change the rules evwn more than they did. They don't feel threatened by kpop, they feel threatened by BTS. All because of a flop group with only fandom support.

• Well, I do not keep up with their news but I saw multiple threads here with people discussing them taking a break after their compilation album.

Don't talk about things you don't know about. Or atleast do some research before you are going to talk about it. It's not that difficult.

Also, none of these Kpop groups are paying my bills so there is no reason for me to be desperate about anything

Then you also shouldn't be worried about what ARMYs should / will do IF BTS go on hiatus because I guess they are also not paying your bills, right?

• OP, the west treats BTS like that because they felt threatened. If BTS had done all those desperate tactics they would have obliterated the "A" list competition. Then not only would you have seen more disparaging articles about BTS but you would have seen them change the rules evwn more than they did. They don't feel threatened by kpop, they feel threatened by BTS. All because of a flop group with only fandom support.

This

• Why are we getting the lashing when your own fandom who made this thread. :pepe-cringe:

They really gonna act like it hasnt been thread after thread made by them since BP came back but yeah, blinks are bullies because we dont take their shit :pepe-toilet:

I dont even need to go on twitter to find toxic armys, why do u guys keep pretending to be superior when you've made up rumours after rumours for users here and spread them, have caused others to feel so shitty they left the site or made apology threads for no reason and are known for ganging up on people? Literally happened to me on like my 1st week here because i said an opinion that wasnt "Lets all bow down to BTS", among these the site's own mods and admin who lets this behaviour continue. Pls spare me the bullshit. Obsessive losers. Find a hobby.

• it is what it is..is there any point to a conversation like this?

A blink version of this thread would be " can u imagine what bp could have done if they had boygroup privilege? If they did not have to deal with the type of shit female idols have to deal with?"

Both groups have their strengths and weaknesses and have to deal with their own struggles

• Don't talk about things you don't know about. Or atleast do some research before you are going to talk about it. It's not that difficult.

Then you also shouldn't be worried about what ARMYs should / will do IF BTS go on hiatus because I guess they are also not paying your bills, right?

Booyah!

Min Yoongi Mic Drop GIF by BTS

:cheer-bunny::cheer-bunny:

• it is what it is..is there any point to a conversation like this?

A blink version of this thread would be " can u imagine what bp could have done if they had boygroup privilege? If they did not have to deal with the type of shit female idols have to deal with?"

Both groups have their strengths and weaknesses and have to deal with their own struggles

Actually this.

I know BTS story since their debut and how much they worked hard to be at the top, but this BP cb they are suffering so many slutshame comments and hate that even some users from here were agreeing with it or just laughing about it.

BP wasn't poor or had financial problems, but trying to dismiss their battles and just ah, this is tiring ..

Anyways, YTC and SD are one of the best songs released this year so i guess people with taste won!

• I remember when Forbes (?) (I think It was them) did an article, 2 years ago, exposing all the promotional tactics and gimmicks western artists use constantly and they didn't receive half of the criticism BTS receives for just going with the flow and be able to compete with how the industry works.

I stan Taylor Swift too and I can tell you she's the master of the master when It comes to the musical industry's gimmicks. She does things I'm yet to see K-pop companies trying and she and her staff are mostly seen as a marketing genius. What they deserve, because the tactics are smart, for sure.

My theory is that BTS is a boygroup, so they will always sustain the stigma their achievements can't be organic due to the following being mostly women who are seen as crazy fangirls who could do anything for putting them at the top.

While other artists, even If they are using the same gimmicks or worse, have a more "respectable" audience who's consuming and buying their material, because they are genuinely insterested, regardless of what said act is doing to get there.

• The industry isn’t threatened by bp or kpop so it is to be expected.

It was funny to see though how after months of blinks dragging 4th gen ggs for 10+versions and digipacks , bp and yg has to resort to the same shady practices to get what’s essentially more or less 4th sales results. Even discounting the digipack fto 3.99 dollars barely above the minimum 3.49 $ allowed for bb.

And this also after 2 years of hiatus.

Yg went all out on this one spending a lot on spotify and discounts only to get mediocre results. Thank god the girls got fashion deals.

Edited once, last by CuteNemo ().

• they went in hard on aespa, that's what's more insane because now it's all "please push" and "let's go us blinks" when that's exactly the thing they criticized the most about other less organic acts.

It was hell for Mys for months because of blinks. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Well said. Western industry didn't like that BTS became as big as they are without company push or industry support or gimmicks. At first they thought this was just a fluke and hype will die down after few releases but then they saw BTS getting #1s like no one has ever done and got threatened that BTS an Asian group might make us rewrite history. So they started writing articles to undermine their success.

BTS bothered them so much so that I'm hearing that they are now thinking of lowering the restrictions that they had put lol.....

• Bish wtf I want this why was I not included I want free albums

:pepe-torch:

I'm waiting in my room

Why is no one visiting me with free albums?

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 89 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!