Born Pink reviews are brutal

Approved the thread.
  • Black pink were never know for artistic or meaningful music, the fans will be fine

• "Eight song is probably quite enough"

Exactly, why need more songs when only 8 can show how mediocre your group can be :teeheek:

"Bring the rum pum pum noise and flash"

There Teddy should copy those new onomatopoeia and blend them into another 2ne1 reject.

New title track incoming in 2 years lol

The reviews understood BP music very well, it seems...

• the fact that aespa gave us a better mini than bp's full "album" after a 2 year hiatus just shows bp don't care about music

disband already

• I’m not surprised that the review is bad. I’m surprised it got such a high score. The lyrics are pure comedy so maybe it got some points for making people laugh.

• Born Pink reviews are accurate, I don;t trust any writer who doesn't see this album as flaming hot garbage with a wig on

• There’s a review by Time Magazine that kind of drags the group as well

• personality, expression, and style. Each new musical release offers greater insight, newer stories, more dramatic highs and lows. Pitted against those expectations, Born Pink falls flat.

But what if evolution isn’t the point? On the back of less than three dozen songs, Blackpink has risen to become style icons and superstars, the most popular girl group in the world. Why, some might argue, would they change what they’re doing?

Still, I found myself listening to the album thinking, “After so much time, how do they still sound the same?” Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie, and Rosé have traveled the world and have surely experienced their share of pain, loss, joy, and melancholy. It’s hard to believe that things wouldn’t have shifted inside them, that new love wouldn’t have bloomed in their hearts, that challenging thoughts wouldn’t have troubled their minds. They don’t owe us anything, but they do have their own stories to tell. Blackpink may have been born pink, but the world is still waiting to hear all the new colors they’ve grown into.

This is from Time Review

• The dumb lyrics line. Damn

• Oh I hope Pitchfork reviews it. They’re back to being mean and hilarious.

• I’m glad someone mentioned the fake patois. It’s so offensive Jennie does this — is she trying to be Rihanna?

• Funny how u don't even post from what site this even Is

Is it other site once can rate themelves

• maybe thats why most blinks said they don't care about lyrics and downplaying artist who write their own rap and lyrics. because "It's better not to pay attention to what they're saying"

Emina Jahovic Embarrased GIF - Emina Jahovic Embarrased Tired GIFs

• I like Shut Down a lot more than Lovesick Girls, but overall The Album was so much better.

• Wrote by pathetic armys

• Most of those reviews are probably given by BTS fans. IDGF

• Tbh BP music sounds different because it’s compared to other ggs promoting so people go wow this group is so unique and different. But if actually listen to the songs, they’re mostly kinda boring and generic.

People say groups like Aespa and Nct prioritize noise music but BP is just as guilty if not more. Wtf was PV ending Ratata. Listening to a chorus and it’s very clear BP don’t even sing much, it’s mostly instrumental or if they are it’s extremely simple borderline talking. PV was literally talking and now shut down is slightly faster talking. Their lives are FULLY carried by their stage sets (backing dancers, lighting etc) because if you leave them alone to do their songs it will be very boring.

Lyrically it’s nothing groundbreaking, it’s normal “we are the best” type lyrics we’ve seen hundreds of times in Kpop. 2NE1 was famous for it and did it better.

Honestly it’s good it’s only 8 songs, couldn’t take anymore of the horrible music

• Hahah bp antis are so mad and pathetic. Cute how anons is yall safe place since in the real world bp are smashing.

• personality, expression, and style. Each new musical release offers greater insight, newer stories, more dramatic highs and lows. Pitted against those expectations, Born Pink falls flat.

But what if evolution isn’t the point? On the back of less than three dozen songs, Blackpink has risen to become style icons and superstars, the most popular girl group in the world. Why, some might argue, would they change what they’re doing?

Still, I found myself listening to the album thinking, “After so much time, how do they still sound the same?” Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie, and Rosé have traveled the world and have surely experienced their share of pain, loss, joy, and melancholy. It’s hard to believe that things wouldn’t have shifted inside them, that new love wouldn’t have bloomed in their hearts, that challenging thoughts wouldn’t have troubled their minds. They don’t owe us anything, but they do have their own stories to tell. Blackpink may have been born pink, but the world is still waiting to hear all the new colors they’ve grown into.

This is from Time Review

This review was actually good why is it being lumped with others. They made good points which would fall true for a lot of k-pop groups.

• Hahah bp antis are so mad and pathetic. Cute how anons is yall safe place since in the real world bp are smashing.

The cuter part is that while they may be "smashing" all their success and you're still a person who has no identity other then blink lmao Get a life.

• The album was just decent. No growth , no maturity though. They sound like 15 year olds bragging to the other girls in the school yard.

They are not like the other girls.

I am sure these women in their mid 20s will have more things to sing about but the concept is above all. And this will be one of the reasons they will decline.

Their fans are growing but they are staying stagnant.

• I’m glad someone mentioned the fake patois. It’s so offensive Jennie does this — is she trying to be Rihanna?

I’ve literally been complaining about the accent since the song first dropped. The second I heard it the song was ruined. maybe bc I’m Caribbean, but it was 10x more cringy for me to hear a full Korea person trying to imitate our accent just for a track where they are already imitating black culture for profit. It’s already so annoying when ppl try to copy Jamaican accents and think it sounds good when to natives it just sounds tacky af. But since she was trying to copy Rihanna I would say it was more like a Barbados accent.

• What Jamaican accent? What they seem to be referring to is Jennie's first rap in Pink Venom. That's literally her own Korean accent. And then Lisa follows - also with her own accent. Yes Lisa has pulled a blaccent before, but she seems to have taken that criticism onboard. Both of them rap in their own voices this time.

If westerners can't differentiate Korean and Thai from Jamaican, that is problematic...

• On point with the appropriation comment. I think they're the worst offenders in all of K-Pop.

• Funny cause Metacritic, the actual place in which critics matter and are recognized it has it at 79. Nothing else mattersm, a 79 is pretty high and good.

• Blackpink’s 'Born Pink' Is More of Their Signature Formula
    The girl group's sophomore album hits all the right notes. The only thing missing is evolution toward the potential they've always had
    time.com

Good Lord. The Time Magazine review aint difficult to find. Time.com under their entertainment section. Does anyone need their ass wiped?

Basically Time reviewer says Black Pink are running in circles with the music they release, not trying anything new. Been there, done that

• :pepe-joy: Ha Ha keep crying about the biggest girl group in the world...so many jealous kids in here lol

• :pepe-joy: Ha Ha keep crying about the biggest girl group in the world...so many jealous kids in here lol

jealous because they have functioning ears? :pepe-joy: poor blinks, they derive all their self worth from who they stan to the point where they can't even take criticism of BP like adults

This is from Time Review

This person thinks they write their own songs. That's funny. What's not funny is that no matter how bad their actual song-writing efforts could potentially prove to be, it can't be any worse than the vapid, snobbish dreck YG gives them to sing. I don't think their fans realize just how immature and soulless their lyrics really are, even by kpop standards.

• Listening to a chorus and it’s very clear BP don’t even sing much, it’s mostly instrumental or if they are it’s extremely simple borderline talking. PV was literally talking and now shut down is slightly faster talking. Their lives are FULLY carried by their stage sets (backing dancers, lighting etc) because if you leave them alone to do their songs it will be very boring.

Lyrically it’s nothing groundbreaking, it’s normal “we are the best” type lyrics we’ve seen hundreds of times in Kpop. 2NE1 was famous for it and did it better.

it's obvious you haven't listened to the happiest girl yet. Always generalizing BP's discography. I could also claim bts only makes kidzbops like dynamite and permission to dance.

• Always generalizing BP's discography. I could also claim bts only makes kidzbops like dynamite and permission to dance.

Don't care about what you quoted but this is a laughable claim. Half of blackpink's discography filled with songs having lyrics as dumb as dynamite means that it's not generalizing.

The only and really the only songs you can pull from BTS for having dumb lyrics are 3.

Why are people even defending claims that can't be defended here.

• You are literally describing all of kpop.

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!