Is the Triumph of Reactionaries in Korean Pop complete? There are several loopholes in the largest concert held in K-O-R-E-A this year.

• When Julius Caesar returned from Gallia, he brought the Gaulish leader Vercingetorix in chains to Rome, paraded V across the city, before executed (either beheaded or strangled - accounts differ)

I believe the Romans always paraded the leaders of the countries they defeated in Rome before executing them.

====

On June 09, the day before BTS' new album was released, everyone was very excited to see the return of BTS who would dominate KPop once again, and people like the Weeknd, Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo and Lee Jieun watched it with very keen eyes even though they would not admit that. (I include Lee Jieun in this list because by that time, although she still remained domestic, she was basically the only person remaining in the entire world who still did not give up the goals of defeating BTS while others kind of learned to coexist with it.)

However, the new album Proof only had 3 new songs, all in K-O-R-E-A-N, and on June 15 something every KPop fan on the earth knows did happen.

Exactly 100 days after June 9, Lee Jieun enters the Chamshil (sometimes spelled Jamsil but I continue to use the older spelling) Olympic Stadium in a triumphal mode, like a conquering Empress.

Her concert IS the biggest concert held in K-O-R-E-A this year, because I learned Psy only used 2 floors of the stadium for his 3 day concerts, which means around 24,000 were admitted. 24,000*3=72,000 while it is estimated that at least 45,000 (initially 43000 but some seats where they can' t see the singer who didn't contribute anything to Kpop at the stage were released , it is about 45,000 plus.)attended for 2 days, it is 90,000, not considering the people who'attended' the concert outside of the stadium without paying for it.

Still this triumph is kind of limited, because she was not able to fulfill her promise to make it the "Golden Hour"

She was unable to summon Min Yoongi to sing Eight with her.

Today she summoned Itzy, who was in Palette, and it is said she will bring Seventeen tomorrow.

So, while she has become the primary singer of K-O-R-E-A, her triumph remains limited.

• Ah ha.. here comes the conspiracy cum history lesson.

Minyoongi did not come and sing, therefore the triumph is incomplete.

Ok, but on many earlier essays you were asserting that IU was intentionally insulting Suga, by singing the rap verses herself.

Now that same thing - instead of IU insulting, it has become Suga resisting?

At least be consistent in your conspiracy theories.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

45k singing along to Sneakers 8| .

I read that Itzy had other schedules for the day when IU first invited them. You can bet your ass that JYP cleared their schedules in two seconds to make time for IU's concert lol. It's the best GP exposure you can have in Korea.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

45k singing along to Sneakers 8| .

I read that Itzy had other schedules for the day when IU first invited them. You can bet your ass that JYP cleared their schedules in two seconds to make time for IU's concert lol. It's the best GP exposure you can have in Korea.

Wait for WhyKnock 's theory on why Itzy was invited, and not IVE,Aespa, NJ or others.

It will be as thrilling as why Putin met Xi or something

• Is there a list of kpop acts that came to pay her tribute?

• Is there a list of kpop acts that came to pay her tribute?

Per Twitter so far

Itzy of course guested

Yoo Inna

Kim Soo Hyun

BTS Jungkook

Twice Jeongyeon

Seulong

TXT Beomgyu

TXT Soobin

Viviz Umji

Kara Kang Ji Young

Golden Child Joochan

Rothy

Secret Number Minji

Kim Min Seok (My Mister),

Anupam Tripathi (Squid Game) and

Park Juhyun (Seoul Vibe)

If it seems tame compared to her previous attendance, then it is possible that the VIPs didn't get the tickets.

Anyway we will see who turns up tomorrow.

Lee joongi, Jiyeon are regulars yet to come, if they are available.. Sejeong has gone to US, I think.

• Seriously, your essays are too deep for me :pepe-sad:

Basically the theme is "Somebody should defeat IU in Korea, otherwise Kpop's attempts to conquer the world, is futile"

It might sound like a shade against IU, but also constantly highlighting her dominance.

This sort of passive-aggressive/blame-boast narrative given with historical analogies, is what makes Whyknock interesting.

"Interesting" but not necessarily "correct"

• Yo OP.

I see a lot of empty seats

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Usually the heavyweights appear on the second day.

• That is the back of stadium. Usually only half of it is used for concerts because the stage is in the middle and the equipment and stage components are stacked in zones which the concertgoers don't see. Even BTS does not use the back of the stadium in Korea.

It is possible to use the whole of stadium, but the scoreboard has to be removed and is kinda cumbersome.

• That is the back of stadium. Usually only half of it is used for concerts because the stage is in the middle and the equipment and stage components are stacked in zones which the concertgoers don't see. Even BTS does not use the back of the stadium in Korea.

It is possible to use the whole of stadium, but the scoreboard has to be removed and is kinda cumbersome.

So if capacity is 70K, then 35K is the max capacity for the open half + what ever people can go into the field.

Is that why you think they have 45K people there? 35k + 10K on the field.

• So if capacity is 70K, then 35K is the max capacity for the open half + what ever people can go into the field.

Is that why you think they have 45K people there? 35k + 10K on the field.

Correct

The total capacity is officially 69,000, and half of it is about 35,000. Plus whoever is on the field.

• Revisionist garbage- almost everyone knows Caesar didn't fully conquer Gaul due to a small holdout in the north, where villagers were able to withstand continued Roman siege as a result of sustained drug use on a scale that would not be seen until German usage of Pervitin in WWII.

Read up on the works of historians Goscinny and Uderzo, specifially "Le bouclier arverne".

Edited 3 times, last by throwaway2691: HISTORICAL INACCURACIES ON MY PART- MY BAD ().

• Revisionist garbage- almost everyone knows Caesar didn't fully conquer Rome due to a small holdout in northern Gaul, where villagers there were able to withstand continued Roman siege due to sustained drug use on a scale that would not be seen until German usage of Pervitin in WWII.

Read up on the works of historians Goscinny and Uderzo, specifially their work "Le bouclier arverne".

Ah, the authors of the Asterix comic books.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!