The Twice erasure is crazy

• Is Twice one of the top 3 successful kpop girl groups? 54

1. Yes (48) 89%
    2. No (6) 11%

It's funny how they have to be anonymous to talk all that shit because they know they are wrong. :rolleyes:

Since Twice debuted no other girl group was able to release a hit more iconic and successful as Cheer Up or even TT. No other group was able to release 15 consecutive hits in Korea and Japan or make worldwide viral dance trends. Just because they don't have stellar charting in korea right now doesnt mean all of their achievements get erased. Especially when they keep setting more records and achievements in the current day.

Even snsd who is normally compared to Twice to support this argument started declining on charts after a few years of their peak and they just got their first hit song since 2014.

Anyway the fact that its even getting questionable that Twice had impact is crazy. At this point people already know the answer but are acting dumb on purpose. Stay mad knowing that Twice is one of the most successful girl groups in the world. Writing opinions on a kpop forum doesnt change the facts and events. Lets see if any of them will argue with me over here :teeheek:

• kpop fans REALLY dont care

most of us who witnessed twice era dont care about current gen and most new kpop fans dont care what happened 5 years ago

its bound to happen and its hard for both sides to be neutral

just leave it be

why do you care what kiddos think anyway

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• kpop fans REALLY dont care

most of us who witnessed twice era dont care about current gen and most new kpop fans dont care what happened 5 years ago

its bound to happen and its hard for both sides to be neutral

just leave it be

why do you care what kiddos think anyway

If they dont care what happened thats fine but they shouldnt be running around acting like they know because Twice worked too hard being the back of kpop only for people to turn around and try to act like they didnt do anything just because they are jealous.

• I don't think saying twice isn't part of the top 3 GG currently is erasing their legacy

it's just that they passed their peak and are declining so they aren't doing as well than other GG

but nobody is denying the fact that twice had a good run few years ago and achieve a lot of things

I am talking about the thread in the anons where multiple people were trying to say that people were exaggerating Twice's impact which is not true

• I don't think saying twice isn't part of the top 3 GG currently is erasing their legacy

it's just that they passed their peak and are declining so they aren't doing as well than other GG

but nobody is denying the fact that twice had a good run few years ago and achieve a lot of things

also the poll is top 3 most successful girl group bc most girl groups these days even if they had one hit song are not more successful than Twice

• based all most metrics I would say yes

they sold well in terms of albums, toured well, sold lots of merch, had a lot of CFs, charted well, GP liked them enough to call them NGG

• First define a hit.

Because Lion heart was a hit in my book, not a #1 song but still a hit, it peaked at #4 on the Gaon weekly chart.

If you are defining hits as just #1 songs, then Twice haters are allowed to say that Twice has not had a hit since 2018.

• Why is it bad ? :melon_think:

• Haters like to carefully choose their criteria when it comes to this instead of looking at overall. Kchart is always the metrics they choose because that's all they got.

Twice is within top 3 if not top in most metrics...

Sales✔

Billboard achievements ✔

Touring ✔

Global Spotify ✔

International ✔

Instagram✔

How else do people measure groups? Did I miss any criteria?

If people would just get kcharts out of their asses and open their eyes, they'd see it.

• This but they still don't care :-(

• Kpop stans don't realize 3rd gen has ended. TWICE aren't doing as well as they used on kcharts for some time now. BTS underperformed with YTC and probably aren't gonna comeback as a group for some time. BP have a top 3 hit with PV but it got kinda overshadowed by Attention and After Like.

To downplay TWICE just because they don't top the charts is hilarious cause older groups don't do as well as younger groups on kcharts. That's a fact.

I said this yesterday, if you wanna compare digital performances people should compare rookie years.

Overall, TWICE aren't even top 3, they are #2 quite easily among South Korean GGs. Views, streams, sales, #1 hits, touring, public recognition etc TWICE are either 1 or 2.

• There’s always been a recency bias in Kpop, compounded by so many fans around the world getting into it, so their filter usually starts from whatever period they got into it.

I’m not sure how people think Twice fans are exaggerating when they tick all the boxes in every metric.

- tops on kcharts with 9 #1s (tied with Sistar)

- tops on digital - aren’t they the highest gg on Melon? And 3rd highest Kpop group (regardless of gender) on Spotify

- one of the tops in touring - including Japanese domes and American stadiums

- tops in physicals - top selling gg

- highly successful in the West (at least the US) where they are 1 of only 2 groups to sell out stadiums and the only group that isn’t BP or BTS (or their members’ solos) to crack the Hot 100 singles chart

I don’t know if they’re successful in views on YT, but I’d assume so

The fact that they didn’t chart as well this time or got outsold on one album doesn’t negate all of these achievements. If anything it makes them more impressive that just as Twice is no longer topping the Korean charts, they can still sell out stadiums.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!