Why are people using the excuse of “literal rookies” for GGs when they get can huge digital success right from the start?

• I mean yeah if you say that for physical sales or touring it makes some sense because fandoms have to be built :angryr: :cryingr:

First blackpink was dragged because “they couldn’t beat literal rookies” “rookies outsold” now that they do have some stability its “is it such a big deal to compete with rookies”

Y’all are really starting to sound desperate trying to undermine BP at this point :angryr: :cryingr:

• Today you chose LOGIC!

Everything to downplay BP when GGs strongest point was always digital charting....

It's impressive for sure, but the physical growth impresses me more bc it isn't the "standard" behavior.

Rookie years (within the two year mark) are usually big for GGs. Esp top companies GGs. Like most of them have peak success within the first few years because Korea loves them young :angryr: :cryingr:

Rookie GG’s are THE thing to beat on Korean charts and that will always be the case but I guess a lot of these people are new to kpop or don’t know how digitals work.

• Rookie years (within the two year mark) are usually big for GGs. Esp top companies GGs. Like most of them have peak success within the first few years because Korea loves them young :angryr: :cryingr:

Rookie GG’s are THE thing to beat on Korean charts and that will always be the case but I guess a lot of these people are new to kpop or don’t know how digitals work.

Oh, they know, the problem is that they want anything to discredit BP, a gg who since debut didn't decline.

Anyways, in the end GGs digital performances are great, specially this year!!

• What annoyed me is when they said "rookie did this!", "rookie did that!", " "they are just 20 days old" , etc.. is dumb af.

We all know ROokie from big 4 can get big anytime and pull out strong number at debut that what big 4 privilege are lol

• What annoyed me is when they said "rookie did this!", "rookie did that!", " "they are just 20 days old" , etc.. is dumb af.

We all know ROokie from big 4 can get big anytime and pull out strong number at debut that what big 4 privilege are.

Blackpink themselves were huge monster rookies. Not even just big4 even acts like IVE with the right combo of good songs can hit huge within the first year. Across the board GGs have the capability to hit big in digitals right from the start (this is in contrast to BGs who can be some of the biggest kpop acts in the world and still have absolutely zero Korean digital relevance)

• bg's are scary digital monsters on bugs. i get scared when they make a comeback and dominate that chart every few hours in the day

• I think people forget that the digital success of ggs mostly happens in their early career. Like first 3-4 years. And big company ggs always do quite well during these times. Even small company ones if they get popular

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Good timing for this, i saw that Pink Venom actually took down Attention for #2 on Melon Top 100 for several hours today. PV is only 11k behind Attention in 24 hour ULs as well, at one point the gap was almost 100k UL. PV is showing remarkable consistency and longevity so far. In a couple weeks, we could see PV and the new title track both end up above Attention.

Defeating Afterlike will require a Herculean effort though.

• Not sure where is their confident come, but comparing someone rookie year in 2016 and now is way different. This sounds like aan excuse but if their faves debut in 2016 they will not reach that physical sales. and now BP almost reach 2M for an album, they already beat all GG in terms of physical sales from just an album and digital wise, lol don't forget Whistle grabbed all #1 in Kchart. If want compare, compare it by realistically not just by imagination. Lol

• Blackpink themselves were huge monster rookies. Not even just big4 even acts like IVE with the right combo of good songs can hit huge within the first year. Across the board GGs have the capability to hit big in digitals right from the start (this is in contrast to BGs who can be some of the biggest kpop acts in the world and still have absolutely zero Korean digital relevance)

I do agree with you in general that it’s pointless to compare rookies with BP, however I disagree with your second sentence.

IVE is an anomaly. Could you name a single non Big4 group that had such a huge impact everywhere, that is not a produce group?

IVE is literally able to go head to head and defeat big4 groups which is unheard of and something that I am very proud of as a fan.

I still do think it’s annoying when they’re being compared to BP though.

• ive has some of the most popular produce group members so how are they an anomaly lol

• If i am not wrong rookie g friend did that not twice though but they one of the popular girl groups at that time along with twice. Also there is tara who is biggest girl group at their peak or maybe close to it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!