RE Why is BP doing only 9k concert 6 years into their career instead of Gocheok Dome?

• that's not the reason

The dome is fully booked bc everyone is trying to resume their concerts after covid

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it's 15k

GUu7oSa.jpg

and

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh even this venue would be too small unless they were doing like 6 dates.

(For the amount of popularity GGs have I mean)

• it's 15k

GUu7oSa.jpg

Is that concert capacity? IU and Twice's first sold out concerts at KSPO dome were ~11k seats, and then IU held concerts at KSPO again the following year for 15k seats capacity but that required a special 360 seating formation that iirc most artists don't utilize.

It's true that Gocheok Skydome is booked solid for the rest of the year and Jamsil Stadium is closing for renovations starting in October. But still surprised YG wouldn't plan ahead and book Gocheok in advance for Blackpink - it's only 8k more in seats but would sound way more impressive/historic because iirc no other girl group has held a concert there yet.

• Is that concert capacity? IU and Twice's first sold out concerts at KSPO dome were ~11k seats, and then IU held concerts at KSPO again the following year for 15k seats capacity but that required a special 360 seating formation that iirc most artists don't utilize.

It's true that Gocheok Skydome is booked solid for the rest of the year and Jamsil Stadium is closing for renovations starting in October. But still surprised YG wouldn't plan ahead and book Gocheok in advance for Blackpink - it's only 8k more in seats but would sound way more impressive/historic because iirc no other girl group has held a concert there yet.

Um actually there were generally rumours abt YG trying to book stuff for their tour last minute and having a problem with it..its really not that surprising considering its well..YG..

• Blinks being delusional isn't a news, however them thinking they are Jamsil level is truly something. We're talking about a gg who couldn't sell out a fanmeeting and even of the ones who came half were foreigners.

• I really appreciate that sometimes you're taking break from Shinee to simp for BP, but OP is right. :pepe-simp:

I made threads simping on Nayeon and Tzuyu but minion senpai didn't notice 😔

Disappointed

External Content www.youtube.com

• No GG has ever toured at a venue bigger than KSPO dome.

People want to say YG didnt plan ahead so what about the other GGs that were huge in korea? All their companies are incompetent and cant plan ahead?

I think people have been saying for a while that there are way lesser hardcore gg fans in korea than bgs. They are more GP and casual listeners, hence the lack of mass streaming ability for ggs in korea as well in comparison to bgs

Casuals also do not have a concert going attitude like that of Japan so those that go are mainly fans

• I doubt this has anything to do with the demand. The tickets were sold out within a few minutes.

Also Blackpink is coming back to the concert scene after 3 years, so it's hard for YG to accurately predict what venue size would be best for a sold-out concert. I'm sure based on the demand for the initial shows, YG might opt for bigger stadiums for the upcoming dates.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Why are people surprise YG schedule is everywhere, like it's YG

PV has barely any promo, everything is thigh from here to the concert then they will tour all that is left of the year

They can book a bigger place for the encore (if there is any) next year

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!