8 acts which dominated Korean Pop 2010-2022, selected by Kim Gura and his friends

• It is relative and subjective opinion of 4 guys.

I agree to the extent that SNSD will not be in the top 3 of the list.

Whether they would be in the rest 5, that is is open to debate.

• What about 2NE1, Twice, Sistar. I guess limiting it to five group is a bit much but I would question that Jay Park had as much influence in hip hop in Korea. Show me the money is probably more responsible is we are talking about that.

2NE1 is also more dominant pre-2010. Twice/Sistar are definitely worthy candidates, but as you mention 5 spots makes it too challenging to fill.

Jay Park - I don't know, he is not liked by typical K-poppies, but actual producers and idols - even IU herself, seem to have a great opinion about him, his talents and influence.

So maybe he is one of the cases where the insiders know more, than the public perceives.

• The same could be said of Psy.. But the global vitality of Gangnam Style trumps all other considerations..

With no fandom, no customized to the West etc

Psy dominates Korea every time he deigns to come back. He's no longer interested in the west, it seems; if he was, P Nation would have gotten a Western distributor for their albums.

As for Twice, they didn't break big early enough in the decade to be dominant. Now, yes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!