Metalhead here. I wanna try to get in K-Pop.

• I like to expand on my musical taste. I just did hip-hop. Now I want to try K-Pop. I don't want to be one of those people that hate on a genre they have never listened to. So I would like some recommendations.

Some of the genres/bands I like (If this helps): Genres: Black Metal/DSBM/Sludge Metal/Doom Metal. Bands: Silencer/Sleep/Acid Mammoth.omegle xender

Update: After listening for a while. I don't think K-Pop is for me. A lot of people recommended Dreamcatcher, saying it would probably be the easiest transition. I tried listening to them and several other recommendations. I would be lying if I said I really liked any of them that much. I still have a respect for the genre. I'll try to listen to some of it every once in a while to see if I like anything. Thanks for the Recommendations!

• I like to expand on my musical taste. I just did hip-hop. Now I want to try K-Pop. I don't want to be one of those people that hate on a genre they have never listened to. So I would like some recommendations.

Some of the genres/bands I like (If this helps): Genres: Black Metal/DSBM/Sludge Metal/Doom Metal. Bands: Silencer/Sleep/Acid Mammoth.

Update: After listening for a while. I don't think K-Pop is for me. A lot of people recommended Dreamcatcher, saying it would probably be the easiest transition. I tried listening to them and several other recommendations. I would be lying if I said I really liked any of them that much. I still have a respect for the genre. I'll try to listen to some of it every once in a while to see if I like anything. Thanks for the Recommendations!

Have you tried Day6? :whatr:

Some of the genres/bands I like (If this helps): Genres: Black Metal/DSBM/Sludge Metal/Doom Metal. Bands: Silencer/Sleep/Acid Mammoth.

BTS - Mic Drop

Haven't you posted the same request on reddit before?

[edit] found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/kpoph…wanna_try_to_get_in_kpop/

• Official Post

well if you’re looking metal but asking for kpop there’s not much congruence.

the most kpopish metal group i would recommend is gukastan:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if you're still looking for reccomendations, my personal tip would be to not look for something similar to what you're already used to. yeah, i know, sounds weird. but (this is my personal opinion you may disagree), if you want to get into something, take the best example of what that thing is itself, and see if you like it.

imo (this is where i begin to unabashedly promote my faves - seventeen), kpop's really known for its dances. so maybe try looking at groups who are REALLY dance focussed such as (well, i did warn you) seventeen. other groups that im not so familiar with include nct, shinee, infinite, etc.

some seventeen songs i really like are:

Very Nice (this vid's a music show stage of theirs)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

a very fun choreo, and a good representative of their earlier, more funky sound.

Call Call Call (a japanese single. this vid's their dance practice video)

more electric guitars if you're interested. stellar choreo

Thanks (this video's a dance practice video)

a more electronic sound, so idk if you'll like it that much. but HAD to put this in cause imo, this is their best choreo till yet.

again, another key thing about kpop is the fact that there are a lot of cutesy 'concepts', especially for girl groups. while the overall aesthetic may not be your fave (and trust me - it took a bit of time for me to get used to it), the songs are very catchy and fun to listen to, which is mainly what i look for when it comes to kpop. again, i'm just gonna reccomend my faves, twice, but also other groups I PROMISE

Twice - Cheer Up (music show stage)

iconic as hell, and what catapulted twice into fame. plus, "shy shy shy"

Twice - What is Love (music show stage)

Prime example of Twice's signature sound

Girls' Generation - Oh!

while people usually talk about "Gee" as Girls' Generation's cutesiest song (and for good reason - that song catapulted THEM into fame), imho, "Oh" is superior, and by far.

so... me reccomending my faves, what can you expect from someone as biased as i? but hey - do check them out, and see if you like anything!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!