tw: p*dophilia; I watched lolita last night

• So, as you can see from the title, I watched lolita yesterday. Every single scene from that movie made me uncomfortable and REALLY sad. I have gone through something similar and it made me so mad and upset. It was very triggering. Seeing lolita having no choice but to stay with her abuser. Its such a terrible thing. Theres one scene where she is running from him, but in the end there is ultimately nowhere to go, but to hug him. Since he is all she had. Her parents are dead. The worst part being this movie is based on a true story, In the movie she is 14 , in the book she is 12 and in real life she was 9-11. People are such disgusting things. Personally I was only 8. This type of stuff has an effect on you mental health, It fucks you up. Ped*philes disgust me. I hope they rot in hell.

• Lolita is a highly controversial work and people are always 50/50 about their opinions on it. I see people using it for aesthetics, who like the book and the character of lolita herself. I also see people who fetishize it, and that often goes hand in hand with the aesthetics part. I personally find it disgusting, the purpose of the book was never to glorify pedophilia but to instead show the reader an inside look into the mind of the pedophile, in the hopes that it'll start a conversation about pedophilia in pop culture. Instead it just sexualized crimes against children. I hate that trash movie.

Ive yet to read the book. I am planning on soon. Im so curious. It angers me that people romanticize it.

• Lolita is a highly controversial work and people are always 50/50 about their opinions on it. I see people using it for aesthetics, who like the book and the character of lolita herself. I also see people who fetishize it, and that often goes hand in hand with the aesthetics part. I personally find it disgusting, the purpose of the book was never to glorify pedophilia but to instead show the reader an inside look into the mind of the pedophile, in the hopes that it'll start a conversation about pedophilia in pop culture. Instead it just sexualized crimes against children. I hate that trash movie.

I never watched it, but I have book (need to read it through). I always buy bunch on books on the book fair and than always leave some for later.

• The Lolita podcast is the most eye opening. I have to take break when listening to that podcast because I start feeling sick to my stomach every time I listen to it.

This makes me want to read the book lol

• remember that in the past sometimes people got married when they were like 11-12 and they had children when they were 14-15, it's because people didn't live then so long as now

there were times when you were 40 you were considered as elderly man who outlived half of village

but nowadays yeah highly controversial and disgusting, sure

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!