KBS is booked by the Seoul police for scoring manipulation of the Im yongwoong vs Le Sserafim episode

• AVvXsEgsNDjuj69cVJObxTCF0gOltXcVO0JVHYNSTjM1p9Cxs6PH9UyKULnDRde4xpobDviu2kgTt03rPZgZfMht_cWNiLlrBBcaKDzhLCyOcEzQLoMeAbN3pl3DxZ2CMbOnu7faW_G3G31EJ8sjgrk1dBnnjxTGnyStp5t9dc-foKTtHi3zMxMAUkr3cNPb=s16000

The Seoul Yeongdeungpo Police Station, which received a complaint filed by the National Newspaper to the effect that KBS intentionally lowered Im Youngwoong's broadcasting score to interfere with his work by manipulating the singer's ranking, was recently booked for a related case.

Previously, the police had conducted an internal investigation (investigation before arrest) with a KBS official as a reference. It is reported that KBS submitted materials related to the scoring criteria for broadcasting scores of ‘Music Bank’ to the police.

(...)

Critics pointed out that the broadcaster was abusing its power, and when Im Youngwoong's song was played on a radio program from KBS, there was a demand to disclose the method of counting broadcast scores.

KBS claimed that Im Youngwoong's song was not broadcasted on KBS TV, radio, and digital content, but changed its position when it was revealed that "If We Ever Meet Again" was in fact broadcasted on the radio during the counting period.

A, who filed a complaint with the police against KBS for obstruction of business, said, "It is a disastrous fact that KBS, a public broadcaster that should aim for strict and neutral counting, is embroiled in such allegations," adding, "We expect the truth of the case will be clarified through a police investigation."

original post: here

1. Well done

2. Yahㅋㅋㅋ I was worried that this would just get quietly buried but this is a relief

3. As expected, since they touched a public's favorite, it created a buzz

4. I support you!

5. It's because it's Im Youngwoong that this issue blew up. This issue would've been buried if it was another singer

6. They always had issues with their broadcast points but all thanks to Im Youngwoong, the issue has finally blown up

7. Why would they make it so obvious towards Im Youngwoong of all people?

8. Please do this transparently

9. Rigged-Bank, reveal everything

10. Huh? Did Le Sserafim win #1 anywhere else? This seems fishy

• first hybe paying dispatch so they publish anything about BTS

then arranging music championships

i am pretty sure other companies does it too, but at least they do it in a less clear way

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• wow they really booked police complaint. And kbs is government channel. Let police use their time for more serious concerns

Wow imagine that, Korean tax payers making the police they pay for using their taxes investigate corruption in a broadcast company they are funding using their taxes. Its almost like they want to make sure their tax money isn't being used to fund a corrupt company that could potentially be giving out awards to the highest bidder and screwing over the businesses of alot of citizens who are involved in the kpop industry. What a waste of money.

• This is old news. They havent determined anything yet

It's not old news

They determined that the scores were rigged

The PDs were fined

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow imagine that, Korean tax payers making the police they pay for using their taxes investigate corruption in a broadcast company they are funding using their taxes. Its almost like they want to make sure their tax money isn't being used to fund a corrupt company that could potentially be giving out awards to the highest bidder and screwing over the businesses of alot of citizens who are involved in the kpop industry. What a waste of money.

I mean as a citizen i will want police of my country to consider crimes which affects a person. In this case by winning music bank trophy he wasnt getting any prize or something. So nobody is hurt here

• I mean as a citizen i will want police of my country to consider crimes which affects a person. In this case by winning music bank trophy he wasnt getting any prize or something. So nobody is hurt here

But what do you consider hurt? physical violence maybe not, but this could cause a huge monetary loss to countless and could even be considered financial crime depending on how widespread it is. You, like alot of people, see this as an isolated incident when you should look at is as the tip of the iceberg. If they find out it was rigged the first question is going to be how many others have been rigged and how wide spread is it in the industry the same way it was done during the produce scandal, every TV show of its kind was put under scrutiny.

It might seem weird but wins get groups attention and can help them score brand deals, ambassador roles and concert festival bookings and if there is monetary value to something or even representational benefits there is value and someone will try to make money off it. It shows you have a certain amount of fanbase or your song is getting attention both of which are a sign of success and businesses are always willing to jump on a trendy group with a brand deal or two and festivals may not be hard to book when you are from a well known company, but for smaller groups they are like gold dust. Don't forget mamamoo went ham during a festival year and ended up setting the record for paying off their debt. I think they got around 20k USD per event back then. And remember, the money being paid back towards idols debt is only coming from their percentage of the income split, they tend to get a far higher split for festivals and CF's than for CB's.

Alot of small companies are invested in by private citizens, and if a group has a win they are less likely to pull out their investment and the CEO may even get more investment that they will never get back because the win is fake.

Also if people are selling wins, who is getting that money? there will be multiple people profiting from this and depending on how desperate the companies are, it could be a huge amount of money, and knowing how horrible some of these companies are, they may find some way to include that into the debt paid by the idols.

Thats not even going into the groups robbed of wins, sure the big groups will be fine, but what about the small groups who disbanded due to being screwed over? The Izone mess shows the Korean courts will consider losses for missed opportunities and I'd consider this one.

Lastly, for years people have not trusted these shows, and considering its publicly funded thats an issue. If no issue is found it adds legitimacy and stops the endless claims of fans that damages the reputation of these broadcast shows.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!