this anime movie hit me harder than your name

• so i recently watched this anime film umibe no etranger and everything about it is absolutely gorgeous

synopsis: On an island off the coast of Okinawa, two young men meet on a beach. Shun Hashimoto is gay and aspires to be a novelist. He is interested in Mio Chibana, a somber high school student, and starts to flirt with him. Day by day, the two of them grow closer, but then, suddenly, Mio decides to leave the island. Three years later, Mio returns and approaches Shun with the words, "I've thought about it for the past three years. I like you, Shun, even if you're a guy." However, when faced with the prospect of finally becoming lovers with Mio, Shun cannot take the first step towards commitment. This is a tantalizing love story about a gay novelist and a younger part-time worker.

movie poster:

টুইটারে Skream!:

trailer: (the eng sub is a little botched on this lol)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

more cute character art by the original mangaka:

highly recommend it! one of the best romances i've seen in a while. there's also a sequel manga called harukaze no etranger that hasnt been adapted yet unfortunately.

who's your favorite artist?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!