Nooooo JYPE really screwed Momo over for her first solo endorsment

• Out of all the brands they could have chosen they chose a skin whitening pill brand ;(

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did they not learn anything from the backlash against the Scarlett endorsement? I know that skin whitening is normalized in Asia but that doesn't make it ok. Also, it is VERY frowned upon in western countries. And JYPE is trying to push Twice in America too. This is just going to stunt the growth of Momo's international fanbase. And the thing is, WHAT about skin whitening fits Momo's image? She's Twice's fit main dancer known for her skills and toned body. A fitness brand would have been the best choice not...whatever this is.

• a reminder that as a group they've also marketed something similar

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• a reminder that as a group they've also marketed something similar

External Content www.instagram.com

I know, I mentioned it in my post. There has HUGE backlash from i-onces(and rightfully so) when that endorsement was announced, they even lost fans. Along with many more obvious reasons, the fact that this will be a blow to and will stunt the growth of Momo's international fandom is part of the reason I'm upset.

• it's a pill that whiten your skin?

I hope she is not eating those cause wtf......

Wouldn't it be poisonous?

• I honestly doubt anybody is going to have that large of a reaction. I mean shes just modeling make up at the end of the day.

Side note: i dont think that anybody should be pressured to change the tone of their skin, but just like with tanning lotion and preferring to be tan, some people prefer to be lighter. If thats their own decision why is that bad? Tanning is like REALLY bad for you so it obviously isnt a health thing.

Edit: didnt realize its a pill and not make up??????? Wtf is a skin whitening PILL?!

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• From what I understand, the product is relatively safe. I think the active ingredient in it lowers your bodys production of melanin...in theory.

In practice, it's probably just one giant marketing ploy.

Just like how in theory if you eat enough carrots, you'll get orange skin. In reality, one can not eat enough carrots to ever achieve that but you can definitely make a pill out of it, advertise that it contains the same ingredients as carrots, and claim it can make you look like Donald Trump.

• That Scarlett Whitening news dropped the very day of their BB hot 100 debut too lmao, it's kind of unbelievable how clueless Div3 is. Whitening pills are much worse too just healthwise and for a member who's popular among Western fans... yeah unbelievable is the word

OMG I remember the Scarlett announcement ;( As someone who is like twenty shades darker than Twice's darkest member I was so disappointed. And truly what good came from that brand reveal that they decided to try it AGAIN with Momo??? All it did was make them lose western fans and nearly overshadow the BB news.

• Um I didn’t say you can’t but you said twice are promoting in the USA as if she will get cancelled she endorsed the brand for a year and nothing happened. She will be fine.

I never said she would be canceled I said she could lose fans. Getting canceled and losing fans are not the same thing. I've unstanned groups who have done things I'm uncomfortable with and I didn't "cancel" them by doing so.

• OMG I remember the Scarlett announcement ;( As someone who is like twenty shades darker than Twice's darkest member I was so disappointed. And truly what good came from that brand reveal that they decided to try it AGAIN with Momo??? All it did was make them lose western fans and nearly overshadow the BB news.

Yes I can't imagine it's nice to see for darker skinned fans, especially if they're not from countries where treatments like this are considered normal :( I know some people think we're overreacting but they are being marketed as a global group now and that comes with certain responsibilities imo.

• So Western Wokes are against White, due to their own history, while Asians like fair skin as a cultural preference.

What's an idol/model supposed to do?

Model for both a whitening pill and a tanning lotion at the same time.

Globalisation will lay such traps, not all can be avoided.

• How about neither.

How about, we shouldn't even be having this conversation because Twice are one of the biggest names in kpop and their brand endorsements shouldn't be relative nugus come on now

• How about neither.

How about, we shouldn't even be having this conversation because Twice are one of the biggest names in kpop and their brand endorsements shouldn't be relative nugus come on now

Well it is JYPE's choice and the contracted member's.

How big the name, should not have a bearing when it comes to morality.

Morals are indeed relative, but it should be relative based on the extent of popularity.

• I dislike tanning culture as much

People risk skin cancer to appeal to western standards of beauty

To me health>>>>>> beauty

Risking health by either darkening or lightening uour skin is mad crazy to me.

• I don't think the objections are from the health angle.

• I don't think the objections are from the health angle.

well mine was

bc sth that will change your skin color by oral consumption does not sound safe at all

• Does she endorses the brand or just this particularly product?

Anyway she could’ve just said no? She’s essentially solding something that doesn’t even work, this is on the level of influencers selling gummy bears for hair growth X/

• Yes it annoys me because it doesn't suit her at all. Also we don't get a lot of content and magazines so I just feel like she doesn't get as much as she deserves.

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• It's a pill that is stated to whiten the skin from the inside out. There is no healthy way to whiten your skin it's either a scam or really unhealthy.

everything cosmetic like this is unhealthy for your skin, tanning as well. We do loads of stuff that is unhealthy I dont think we need to make too much of a deal though I do think they need to be careful of pill things as it's something you ingest. I hope they did proper research into side effects.

• I want luxury ;(

Or fitness like you said ;(

Legend Lee Know

• Are you all really out here telling me brands aren't ASKING for Momo?

Like she is gorgeous, charismatic, popular. I don't get it.

Legend Lee Know

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!