Kpop fans are so super gullible, your faves don't eat lots

• They literally only eat for the camera, they probably just came off a 24 hour fast.

You can't just keep using the fast metabolism excuse when 90% of idols are thin and 90% of people aren't.

They only 'eat well' for the cameras because the fans comment. Please don't be naive.

There's been plenty of times idols revealed Vigorous diets that aren't healthy. And chances are all your faves are on them.

• yeah

except some of my faves dont even lie that they eat a lot, they straight up say that they are on a diet

i dont think they even realize that its not healthy and not really needed, they just assume that fans will like them better if they lose weight :oops:

It's necessary for them to have low body fat percentage. You look bigger on camera than irl and every angle needs to look good for them.

And I understand that some idols overdo it a bit but what I dislike is that fans think they're naturally skinny and eat lots because of some v lives.

• It's necessary for them to have low body fat percentage. You look bigger on camera than irl and every angle needs to look good for them.

That means that they are even thinner irl. Most idols already look underweight to me.

• it is annoying to hear when idols and trainees said they have weight check every week and jyp forced momo to extreme dieting. Still fans will not beleive and will claim it is skinny shaming. I dont know if its worse for idols to discuss their dieting on camera or eat lots of food on camera.

But whatever they do reality will be same. Can we blame idols for being underweight if that is companies force them to since trainee days. They grow with very different lifestyle where being more than 50kg is overweight. In their world it is normal. We should blame companies actually

• This is a recent phenomenon, they didn't make this effort to film themselves eating so much in the past

The amount of comments I see on pretty much any VLive asking if they are eating well and such has got to be the reason they do it

People be Nannying these Idols way to much

• i think more established idols probably don't diet as much or as hard as trainees/rookies do. but yeah i think a lot of them lie about eating as much as they do.

wonder girls twice ive

4b14c659882bdb818517537b32166182738e1c18.gif

stayc newjeans

• I think its true to an extent, they probably don't eat as much as they seem but I think some here are overexaggerating the extent.

The food isn't shit like it is in America with like majority of the population being overweight.

I'm Asian and have a bunch of friends and family that have slim figures that just eats like a normal person.

What you mention is also probably more true for new idols vs established ones.

Plus some idols are clearly quite muscular, you have to be at a caloric surplus for muscle gain.

• it is annoying to hear when idols and trainees said they have weight check every week and jyp forced momo to extreme dieting. Still fans will not beleive and will claim it is skinny shaming. I dont know if its worse for idols to discuss their dieting on camera or eat lots of food on camera.

But whatever they do reality will be same. Can we blame idols for being underweight if that is companies force them to since trainee days. They grow with very different lifestyle where being more than 50kg is overweight. In their world it is normal. We should blame companies actually

its not just the companies, knetz and ifans also go on and on about snatched waists

they also bodyshame anyone who puts on a bit of weight

• There is a trend right now for GGs where already thin idols are getting even thinner. There's even a name for it in Korea but i cant remember it. Plus, it looks like showing off the belly is back in style.

So many things push idols to lose weight. Weight loss is necessary to melt fat on their faces, to give them a chiseled look, instead of the round frying pan face many Koreans are born with. As Ripia said, the camera also adds weight so more weight must be lost to compensate. And lastly, we see some idols achieve the greatest success after a "glowup" that usually involves noticeable weight loss. Somi last year, Itzy and Yena this year, practically every member of Izone before their first comeback after the rigging scandal, etc. This reinforces the notion that they have to be as skinny as humanely possible.

And then there are those idols who have or are gunning for the most lucrative brand deals. Wonyoung and Somi are poster childs for this.

• its not just the companies, knetz and ifans also go on and on about snatched waists

they also bodyshame anyone who puts on a bit of weight

Exactly, they are satisfied when they see the skeleton. Crazy netizens are starting to say they are fat even if they have a normal healthy body. In fact, if they saw it in real life, they would know that they are very skinny. Personally, I understand even from the camera that they are underweight below the ideal weight.

• There is a trend right now for GGs where already thin idols are getting even thinner. There's even a name for it in Korea but i cant remember it. Plus, it looks like showing off the belly is back in style.

So many things push idols to lose weight. Weight loss is necessary to melt fat on their faces, to give them a chiseled look, instead of the round frying pan face many Koreans are born with. As Ripia said, the camera also adds weight so more weight must be lost to compensate. And lastly, we see some idols achieve the greatest success after a "glowup" that usually involves noticeable weight loss. Somi last year, Itzy and Yena this year, practically every member of Izone before their first comeback after the rigging scandal, etc. This reinforces the notion that they have to be as skinny as humanely possible.

And then there are those idols who have or are gunning for the most lucrative brand deals. Wonyoung and Somi are poster childs for this.

Those thin idols look disgusting. The industry has no sense of humanity

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Normal diet for Asians is rice and rice. But compared to the US, their food is super healthy

Rice/Noodles with a lot of veggies, beans, fermented food, ... that's very very healthy.

US is a health nightmare unless u live in the countryside and have your own crops. And even then ... the stuff they use are horrible for your health.

Momento Mori

tumblr_o1vmugo6TJ1ublox3o4_400.gif7838ceb486e15fb56059e00c7b0be415.gif

Frozen Waves44bc1440adfd3cb6ced3ebdd3785e31b.jpg

d9f171736ff9ac3855178aa1d7e44fb8.gif

27c5bc286434c8a646f7dac3d9a383bf.gif

f4726056da688565de4ffdb99fc6b6b6.gif

957a1ceb8124da12af38c03d3be4e5ac.gif5124a8340ca7c785eeef8eb5ac8c5658.gif

09dccdc8690de072e2fa2029b3e29e8b.gif

c4f0e5deee099d0c414e4f420a0e1072.gif

• I might be wrong but I think that those "starving idols" are mainly young groups that needs to be "perfect" to catch the audience in an overly competitive industry

I don't think groups like twice, blackpink, dreamcatcher starve themselves as much as in their debut but again, I might be wrong

• Those thin idols look disgusting. The industry has no sense of humanity

The industry just goes with demand.

Its the fans who force the Idols to suffer.

See all the Idols who got praised by netizens for become super slim even if they had been slim before. Like somi Last year. Later she admitted how the extrem diet caused her problems.

And on the other side all the idols who get fat shamed cause they weight more than 50kg.

Its one of the many disgusting behaviors of the Kpop Community.

• The industry just goes with demand.

Its the fans who force the Idols to suffer.

See all the Idols who got praised by netizens for become super slim even if they had been slim before. Like somi Last year. Later she admitted how the extrem diet caused her problems.

And on the other side all the idols who get fat shamed cause they weight more than 50kg.

Its one of the many disgusting behaviors of the Kpop Community.

which is why the kpop industry as a whole not just the idol or the company but also fans are just as guilty creating this toxic working environment for them

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• I agree.. I know some people gonna say ''no they exercise and burn it all off''... That is not how it works.. People here are really too naive believing everything their fave tell them, I remembered people here kept saying ''no my fave aren't been mistreated by the company because they said it in vlive you are just too delusional and a hater'' like wtf...

• I guess the only thing I don't like about BTS as a group is that they constantly talk about their unhealthy diets. They talk about extremely unhealthy things like dieting with one meal every 10 days or wanting to lose so much weight that they look like a skeleton, as if they don't realize that there are millions of people watching them at different ages and taking their example. Not to mention that they even calls each other pigs because of gaining some weight. :pepe-shame:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

76fa0d1a541ee3c9e5f2e7690344c232e529b524.jpg27634e6e08e9e78a663615405a6f1facf4313019.jpgb859828b8037d9dc45a952ee4215a1b66092ca37.jpg

• They eat lots, but they have a team of people who make their diet to maintain their weight and be healthy. It is why it is so easy for KPOP idols to gain muscle weight and maintain a good form all the time. Without such a nutritional team behind, it is hard for regular people to maintain a good form and eat a lot. Also, losing weight needs a lot of effort. I know that many idols have used weight loss services to get a fast result in losing weight. I also used some Weight Loss Bethlehem PA to eliminate excessive weight quickly.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!