looks like blackpink won’t break the yt record after all

• most expensive mv just fell flat and gave me a migraine with all the zoom zoom shoogs and the cuts

and the song is ygs take on messy straykids and nmixx. no redeeming factor. i’d rather this was just a hiphop song with jenlisa. Vocal line added absolutely 💫nothing💫

still im happy for blinks 🥹 i think I’ll like their album release a lot more. lsg and byw were bangers :love:

• 1 more hour, do not give up on the girl group that is greater than BTS.

• i see

i just think it’s odd how they did 60m in 12 hours but only 24m in the next 11

The Pink Venom already has more likes than HYLT and Lovesick Girls had during the 24hr mark. The YT algorithm heavily filters mass streaming. The first 12hrs is mostly people viewing the MV for the first time, but obviously after that mass streaming happens more.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• The Pink Venom already has more likes than HYLT and Lovesick Girls had during the 24hr mark. The YT algorithm heavily filters mass streaming. The first 12hrs is mostly people viewing the MV for the first time, but obviously after that mass streaming happens more

Using that logic.... 'Yet To Come' got 5.6m likes in first 24 hrs which was also more than HYLT & LSG :rolleyes:

Common sense tells you that standalone singles always get the most streams. 'Butter', 'Dynamite', HYLT, IC are all standalone singles. 'Pink Venom' is in similar vein.

Album songs don't. BWL (74.3m), LGO (71.6m), LSG (61m) are all main singles of albums with 7-8 song albums....

YTC is a main single 48 songs album so it was supposed to not be front loaded....

I know what you are trying to do but fyi it doesn't work like that.....

• Who cares about youtube numbers anyway. Unless you have youtube music it's to much work to stream mvs. Nowadays i only stream on Spotify, it's better for artists too because they earn more money or spotify than on YouTube

• Is there any proof the algorithm has actually changed?

I don't have any actual proof. But the 24hr views have decreased for almost every group since May.

I'll give BTS solo songs as an example since they are the ones that are heavily mass streamed.

That That's MV which was on PSY's channel reached 30M+ views but Jungkook's collab on Charlie's channel and Jhope's solo MV on HYBE's channel couldn't even reach 20M views.

I mean it's surprising Jhope's latest solo songs couldn't even reach Chicken Noodle Soup's MV views (which was btw released in 2019), even though they did better on every other platform.

I could give Itzy's and Aespa's title track MVs as example as well, but their MVs depend on ads a lot.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Ok I do think it already broke HYLT record. I remember HYLT only got 82 million views but got added 4.6 million views later by YouTube after a week. But PV is almost at 85 million so it pretty much reaching 90 million when YouTube add more views later. Pretty great for a Sigh song like this.

• BTS always has more likes on their MVs than Blackpink. Fake Love had 1M+ more likes than D4 during the 24hr mark, even though D4 had more views than Fake Love. That's why I'm using Blackpink's stats with Blackpink only.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Is there any proof the algorithm has actually changed?

An account tracked views on youtube.

This is mostly on BTS MVs but before youtube adds views as it goes and then will heavily delete the “ineffective streams” (aka mass streams) by specific hours (see how IDOL have the infamous 3 views deletions).

The new algorithm doesnt delete views (as per YTC or other MVs released this year) but they will heavily filter mass streaming for the next hours. Unique listeners are important.

Edit: if you’re curious about views deletion change:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It already break though. Nobody can even touch 50M views in 24 hours with the system changes in Youtube but Blackpink did that. If they use the old policy, I think it can break 150M by 24 hours.

ROSÉ LIFETIME PARTNER. :pepe-flirt:

• Whats BPs best 24 hr record? is it HYLT?

I just hope they beat that.

HYLT actually reached 82 million views on its release day. But YouTube added 4.6 million more views later. Now that PV has reached 85 million ish. It means we already broke our own record and we pretty much reached 90 million views

• It already break though. Nobody can even touch 50M views in 24 hours with the system changes in Youtube but Blackpink did that. If they use the old policy, I think it can break 150M by 24 hours.

150? That's highly unlikely

I have no idea what YouTube did but the rules have obviously changed. We'll see actual views in the chart. Not that it matters lol

• is there an actual source for the supposed youtube change? i cant find anything online. i dont think there's no old policy or way to view things..... :pepe-just-smile:

it really changed. Nugu groups like itzy and Aespa have lost so many views. Aespa only got 20 million real views in a week for girls MV. It wasn’t this bad before

• is there an actual source for the supposed youtube change? i cant find anything online. i dont think there's an old policy or way to view things..... :pepe-just-smile:

You'll porbably never get stone cold proof because Youtube, like all the tech/social media companies, is extremely cagey about releasing any info about it's algorithms and tracking tech. It would also be unlikely that they even admit to any efforts to stop mass streaming manipulation.

It'll always be anecdotal/second hand info

• The right mentality to have cause streaming service clearly outdoing YouTube nowadays.

Streaming services has been outdoing YT since 2018/2019. Everyone streams on-demand now. I, for one haven't seen anyone watching MVs, usually it's Spotify & Apple Music. I don't even watch music videos unless it's by BTS or Doja Cat.

Just look at the biggest songs, nowadays they don't have billion views or great streams on YT compared to Spotify. Unless you are an artist in India then it's something. But mostly kpop fans are giving it too much value.

• Even Yet To Come have been affected by the changes of the rules.

ytc was affected by lots of other factors as well: leaked weeks prior, anthology album with 40+ to stream/chart, ballad with no choreo, shadow-ban on hybe's channel........all of these plus the algorithm change affected its views overall. if BTS released another a non-ballad single with an MV that had choreo on their channel, they would be able to beat Butter's record pretty easily

• It really. Even Yet To Come have been affected by the changes of the rules.

Yet to come is a slower song. People will always stream more a banger or a happy song than a slower song. I'm not surprised with ytc numbers tho, a lot of armys didn't like it or were upset run bts wasn't the title track. Just check the dislikes :pepe-peek:

• We got 86,2 million this time but it’s ok We already broke HYLT record. HYLT got 82 million views on its release day. I think we will be around 90 million after YouTube announces official views. Blinks. YOU ARE GREAT BE PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR LISTENING TO THAT SONG FOR 86 million times. It’s not easy at all

• is there an actual source for the supposed youtube change? i cant find anything online. i dont think there's an old policy or way to view things..... :pepe-just-smile:

No source. YTC just tanked on YT. Cause how come the gap is so small to a NCT song.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!