Knetz discuss why there are conflicts and bullying within Idol groups - suggest that living in a dorm might be one of most important factors

• On March 2nd, a post has been created in an online community discussing this topic. One netizen created a post with the title, "One of the most important reasons for conflict within an idol group." The post included photos from a tv program that showed one of the dorms of a girl group.

abit1.png

The writer explained, "It's difficult to be stuck with your best friend for 24 hours no matter how close you are. There will be times you can't stand the other person. So it would be a lie that group members didn't fight with each other, not even once. It's impossible to avoid each other even after a small argument, and things can get awkward."

whole post with much more content, like photos, comments, and different opinions here:

https://www.allkpop.com/articlโ€ฆ-arise-within-idol-groups

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• maybe? but problems involving everyday cases would not necessarily be bullying, nor should they become bullying.

I also believe that you should look at the situation from the other side, you live with other people makes you aware of some things like knowing when you should put your pride aside in favor of someone else

• It's not even dorms imo. It's the fact that work insane schedules, don't eat regularly, don't sleep regularly, and are under major pressure from their companies to perform. That would lead anyone to the breaking point, not just idols. It's all a giant pressure cooker. At some point it's going to fall on someone whether I be a staff member, a follow group member, or even themselves.

True anyone with this type of working norms would be filled with rage and stress

• Itโ€™s often GGโ€™s who are caught in bullying allegations within the Group. It seems to be more of a problem among GGโ€™s then BGโ€™s and a reason for it could be that the management is often male dominated and donโ€™t really know how to deal with a bunch of women who are having issues with one another.

Another reason could be favoritism within the Group ( which causes jealousy) or a member not giving 100%.

• Itโ€™s often GGโ€™s who are caught in bullying allegations within the Group. It seems to be more of a problem among GGโ€™s then BGโ€™s and a reason for it could be that the management is often male dominated and donโ€™t really know how to deal with a bunch of women who are having issues with one another.

Another reason could be favoritism within the Group ( which causes jealousy) or a member not giving 100%.

it's because boy group members usually fight using their fists not mouths and then 1-2 days later they already forget about it and they become better friends.

There are also a lot of groups that have female managers.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hope they aren't ignoring the fact that living in Korean society is stressing to begin with. From school competitiveness from very young to work life and even as a retiree. Idol training is more often than not more harsh than it is needed. Living in the same dorm isn't even that important of a factor.

If the environment was toxic, the living in the same dorm may make things worse, but it's hardly the cause. People fight each other over stupid things sure, but bullying isn't just conflict escalation.

• when you're around the same people all day and night, yeah you're gonna get into conflicts.

that is very true but just because one lives together 24/7 doesn't mean it will always end up in bullying though right?

For example:

I mean twice are still living together after all this time and yet not one allegation of bullying. Conflict definitely even from the nine girls themselves have said there is definitely conflict...

• This is true. There are friends who I felt were the greatest people in the world, who turned into people I hated after being stuck in the same room as their roommate for a year. It's not entirely their fault either. It's just you get annoyed and sick of someone having to see their face 24/7 and seeing all of their ugly side. I know I turned into a terrible version of myself and they turned into a terrible version of themselves. None of this would have happened if we didn't room together.

• it's because boy group members usually fight using their fists not mouths and then 1-2 days later they already forget about it and they become better friends.

There are also a lot of groups that have female managers.

Exactly if we have problems it gets hashed out quickly if the words didn't solve it my fist in the other guys face did, then it's make up time because we understand fighting can get way more serious plus the company would kick our asses figuratively for beating each other up. The managers also can physically seperate you because its a man dealing with another man they don't have to walk on eggshells to deal with us whereas with women just them physically seperating two parties from a fight could have them accused of sexual harrassnent because oh they touched your chest pulling you out of a hands on fight with the other members. With guys that bullshit doesn't happen.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!