Dumping

• There was a discussion today about trauma dumping which is not asking someone for consent before speaking about personal traumatic experiences.

What about people who let their little kids scream and have tantrums in public? No one asked to witness or listen to that. Some people need to decompress after listening or watching a little kid scream and tantrum.

Approved the thread.
  • Don't understand what point you're making here but when a child is having a tantrum the best thing to do is ignore them. Parents should not feed the tantrums by getting angry or giving them what they want.

• It's a kid, not a full grown adult. Nobody wants to hear about how horrible your life is all of a sudden, learn to act your age

• Don't understand what point you're making here but when a child is having a tantrum the best thing to do is ignore them. Parents should not feed the tantrums by getting angry or giving them what they want.

absolutely. Don't treat little humans nicelyyyyyy

• Kids can’t control themselves. Adults can. If a kid screaming is so agitating for you that you need to decompress it your job, as the adult, to figure out a way to be functional anyways. Avoid kids. Find time to decompress. Whatever. But it’s your job to handle it.

• Nobody wants to hear about how horrible your life is all of a sudden, learn to act your age

I'm not the one trauma dumping. Other people quote trauma dump on me at work and I take it because I'm an adult. I'm criticizing the concept of trauma dumping. Maybe people are using the phrase too loosely. What sounds like venting to me is being labelled as trauma dumping. I am not a mental health professional by the way but people think I have the time and training to listen to their problems. I wish those people would just run into a Catholic church and make a confession to some rando priest if they don't have a therapist. I don't have the time for it and my subordinates give me the side eye when I allow someone to vent too much to me. To my subordinates If you don't like people wasting my time by venting to me please interrupt the conversation ASAP otherwise the venting client will write a review that I don't care about them when I quite plainly do not have the time for it.

• lol is seeing a child crying and screaming a trauma to u?

• lol is seeing a child crying and screaming a trauma to u?

You would think it was traumatic too if you were holding a needle and syringe and the child was wiggling as well as screaming and a past incident where the needle went into your own hand while vaccinating a child and you received no hands on training in school to do this merely on the job training.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!