Which Group's Window is Closing?

• A window, meaning, a length of time in which a group can make a huge splash and be overtly successful.

I've noticed that with K Pop, unlike most other genres of music, groups tend to have a certain amount of years to make an impact before they sort of fade away. Typically, it's within the first 5 years of the debut. If you don't make some kind of footprint in 5 years, it gets harder and harder to stay relevant.

For me, BTS has room for one more huge album, something at least on the level of MOTS: 7.

Blackpink is just getting started as long as they move forward with their music and build their audience. Of course, this means they'll have to do it in spite of YG.

I think Twice's window is just about closed, too little too late too much in between.

And EXO? Where are they now?

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• this is hard, really hard thread to not being angry

yet in same time we should be realistic so I will say:

- Oh My Girl

- Everglow

- Mamamoo

- APink

some groups will have nice fade out phase

some will drop a surprising hit but then it will feel like jumping from a cliff

it is what it is

it's kpop after all

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Everglow, the window is almost shut ;(;(;( . They need Yiren and Aisha back.

Momoland, the window might already be closed.

Mamamoo, APINK and Oh My Girl, the windows are being propped up by matchsticks, one more flop comeback and the whole thing could come crashing down.

Stayc still has time and enough of a fanbase and GP recognition to be successful, but they are approaching the danger zone of being made irrelevant in terms of top 4th gen GG debates. The competition is so fierce with at least 8 of these 4th gen GGs vying for relevancy and more on the way.... ;(;(

• super junior has been gettin less and less hype every year. They have been like this for 5 years. Boy groups can extend their life longer. With girl groups, it can only be one SNSD, then they have 7 years, and then they all decline

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!