IS SNSD PEAK COMPARABLE TO TWICE POPULARITY?

• WAS SNSD MORE POPULAR THEN TWICE? 39

1. Yes (30) 77%
    2. No (9) 23%

[theqoo]???: BUT HOW POPULAR WAS SNSD?

bypannchoaAugust 16, 2022

AVvXsEiIfgLCNYijRZjC9qV_opeg8J1TaGC-bCLZyg-KNDGL8OlDNPFIh18ZNP_ETnL12931vxNzC1hKk21uQ1urlHROnkad-h3DHKHWY7u-uS8N9jazeqY5yNc64OEkUuWvQYGi2fRWG72cerfv6Wga35iRwOfxYH8m_q3vRX38K9ykSilmOhk2XAEqJeNN=s16000

"But how popular was SNSD?"

People say that SNSD were freaking amazing during Gee-Genie promotions? Are they like Twice right now?"

- Our country's girl group market used to chew on boy groups. SNSD's Gee, Genie, etc. at that time, they beat all the boy groups. A girl group, SNSD, was chewing on them. At that point, there were no groups who could win over SNSD. Actually, Twice and RV are indeed top girl groups right now, but they can't win over groups like EXO and BTS. However, in SNSD's prime time, they were able to eat boy groups alive

- They're at least a few times bigger than Twice. Even the moment they released their teaser, they would crash Naver portalㅋㅋㅋ

- So the generation who doesn't know SNSD has come... They were amazing, there were no advertisement they didn't do

original post: here

1. If we're talking purely based on results, SNSD's physical and digital sales were both #1 in the yearly record

2. Even the neighborhood's grandmas knew what Gee from SNSD was. It was such a mega hit

4. They were such a wall that it makes people wonder if we'll ever have a group like that

5. The reason why SNSD were amazing: both me and my oppa were fangirling on them ...ㅋ

6. SNSD were the one top, their public recognition was insane. Right now, even people in their 30s still know about SNSD's songs and they know practically all the members' names

7. There are still no other groups who appeared with as much public recognition as SNSD

8. The individual member and the group had recognition despite the audience's gender. SNSD were legendaryㅋㅋㅋ

9. The group with the best public recognition

10. You can't even compare them with Twiceㅋㅋ First of all, the indicators have changed now but if we compare in terms of national syndrome, SNSD wins

11. They took the spot when WG went to promote in the US and they became the one top

12. They're the best girl group and the first girl group to receive a daesang for digital and physical sales

13. It's to the point where people know all the names of the members

14. They're the only group with members that my mom can recognize entirely

15. SNSD sold f*cking well physically, they seriously chewed on everyone

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Do people need anything other than this to finally accepted that Twice is the biggest girl group? :merongk:

Haters validation is the best proof possible. Even Red Velvet is mentioned but not that other gg :pepe-hehe:

i remember someone saying we cant take pann comments seriously :pepe-magnify:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• i remember someone saying we cant take pann comments seriously :pepe-magnify:

First of all, that's qoo, mate. For someone who've been posting these articles , you should know better.

Second of all, as I said, this is a hater's validation. Hater will do everything to drag the group, they could've easily wrote "Twice isn't even the top" but even their troll minds didn't do that, which means they know it'd be objective stupidity so they tried to use SNSD instead.

• First of all, that's qoo, mate. For someone who've been posting these articles , you should know better.

Second of all, as I said, this is a hater's validation. Hater will do everything to drag the group, they could've easily wrote "Twice isn't even the top" but even their troll minds didn't do that, which means they know it'd be objective stupidity so they tried to use SNSD instead.

the post was from 2018 in the ss btw... BP popularity in 2018 was nowhere as near as it is right now. This also explains why groups like RV and EXO who are flopping right now were mentioned.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• BTS popularity at their height surpass everything

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• The context for both of these groups is completely different which will always make this question stupid.

SNSD members more popular individually in SK when they were already starting solo work during SNSD's peak, whilst Twice have their first member do solo stuff 7 years in? I'm shocked. SNSD a higher peak in SK when the 2nd gen era was very SK-centric so idols spent most of their time promoting there, whilst also having to diversify into different solo ventures due to lack of scalability as a group? Once again, I'm shocked.

• the post was from 2018 in the ss btw... BP popularity in 2018 was nowhere as near as it is right now. This also explains why groups like RV and EXO who are flopping right now were mentioned.

The picture is from 2018, which was reposted on Qoo today, the comments are from today. Nice try tho.

• The picture is from 2018, which was reposted on Qoo today, the comments are from today. Nice try tho.

just explaining why RV was mentioned and not other girl groups :fingerk:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I could’ve sworn I saw this article + comments already posted under a different title?

But for the question i think anyone who was into kpop during SNSD era would know they werent just a top gg, they were THE group of Korea. As in pop culture level, talking about Korea inevitably meant talking about SNSD. Their peak in Korea is unmatched by any gg since including Twice.

• I could’ve sworn I saw this article + comments already posted under a different title?

But for the question i think anyone who was into kpop during SNSD era would know they werent just a top gg, they were THE group of Korea. As in pop culture level, talking about Korea inevitably meant talking about SNSD. Their peak in Korea is unmatched by any gg since including Twice.

I just checked and it looks like someone posted another sites translation of the post about a day ago, whilst PC only translated the post and comments an hour ago which is the one I'm using.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• IU was popular when SNSD was at their peak - BTS/Twice were unheard of,

IU is popular when BTS/Twice were/are at their peaks,

IU will be popular when BTS/Twice become like SNSD in the memories.

:-P

But yes, SNSD was not merely a statistical chart topper, but a cultural phenomenon at their peak.

I was not into Kpop then, but if reports are true, then their impact of about 2-3 years, was something like what Rollin had for 2-3 months, in 2021.

BTS, Twice while immensely successful, don't think caused that kind of fervour among the masses of Korea.

It is not quantifiable, it is some sort of 'virality', that the gods bestow only upon a few.

Generally individual songs get that - Gangnam Style being the greatest such case in Kpop.

Dynamite, Next Level are other cases.

But a group itself getting that for a longer period is pretty rare.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!