What's worse: age-inappropriate lyrics or dance/costume

• Plenty have talked about NewJeans and Cookie's seemingly innuendo-filled lyrics, but their dress and dance seem mostly fine.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Compare this to Hyuna (14) in Irony:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or Somi (15) in Whatta Man:

External Content twitter.com

The combination of costume and dance is more questionable.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Dress or dance. Because not everyone could understand the lyric even if they listen to it for a numerous time, and it could be worsened by language barrier. Plus, we are naturally a creature that relies on vision the most, so visual cue would have more impact rather than a lyric.

But I think both would be the same if the people who see it or listen/read the lyric is having some kind of mindset.

Ps. It took me several days to realize what's wrong with cookie's lyric that said by everyone, it's all because language barrier and I don't know the term cookie that they used untill I stumbled upon some youtube video that explains it.

• Both.

Tbf, with Cookie, it’s also the instrumental combined with the lyrics. If those same lyrics were overlaid on a chipper “Cheer Up” or “Red Flavor” type beat, people wouldn’t have been looking so hard at them and not buying the story they gave IMO. (There’s a lot of innuendo in Kpop hidden just this way.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I don't really like either, but I don't like the dance/outfit combo more. Tbf, I don't think a 15 year old should be singing about what a man you are either, so that Somi one is a no on all three counts for me

Whatta Man is about initial attraction and asking the guy to make a move, not s*x, so it isn't anywhere near as bad as Cookie. Just don't interpret "man" too literally as 18+ male for Somi.

The costume/dance is a bigger issue.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!