Lets discuss the behavior of the most out of pocket fandom in kpop, orbits

• Yes there are some good fans but I wonder what Loona did to deserve a bunch of weird fans who act the way they do. When I come across orbits on twitter or other social media and I am always shocked at how sexualized and disrespected Loona is by their own fanbase and the event that happened yesterday just solidifies my stance on them.

In a normal fanbase the weird stans take up around 10% of the fanbase but in Loona's case, the bad fans are a majority. Which fanbase do you know that pisses off their own idol to the point they cant stay on the stage. Its so sad. Why do you guys think enables orbits to act like this?

• They were doing greetings and while one member was trying to speak the crowd kept chanting the name of another member and afterwards the member who was disrespected left the stage.

well thats disrespectful af. i hope the member who was interrupted doesnt took it too hard, crowds in america differ so much from korean audiences, but i'd hope at least some ppl knew basic concert manners.

• Several factors to consider:

• Cultural differences. I think LOONA members are more used to Korean crowds, where it's common to wait for the members to finish speaking before hyping them up and being loud. Most people in the American crowds don't have any malicious intent, but they don't realize what they're doing is perceived differently by the girls.
    • Venue size. I think the American Orbits are trying to replicate what they saw other K-pop crowds do, but it's overwhelming for the girls because they're performing at smaller venues, not arenas and stadiums.
    • Apparently, it was difficult for some of the Orbits in the crowd to know what was going on, so they weren't fully aware Kim Lip was trying to speak. The language barrier may have been an issue as well.
    • Some of the things American K-pop fans do may seem quirky and innocent, but they might not transfer smoothly to Koreans. Examples: Asking if you could be an idol's dog, barking, etc.

also bbc treats vivi badly. the fans tent to try compensate for it with cheering her extra. kim lip spoke after vivi. as soon the fans recognised how disrespectful they were, they stoped. its just unfortunate not really bad intentions.

• Some of the things American K-pop fans do may seem quirky and innocent, but they might not transfer smoothly to Koreans. Examples: Asking if you could be an idol's dog, barking, etc.

Wait, what?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• I don't know. There's a lot of crossover among that community, the anime community, the gaming community, and the K-pop community here. ^^

woof woof

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!