Why did Yena tank hard this cb after Smiley did so well?

• Aside from rising album sales, Yena regressed hard on charts with her recent cb. Even her promo videos on Youtube are doing quite bad compared to how well Smiley did. I just don’t understand why? It’s not like the song is bad or so different from her debut hit, and she still appears on variety shows to promote. Was she just a fad one hit wonder after all and people don’t tune into her anymore and they already moved on?

Approved the thread.
  • She appears on variety shows, but it's not like she's Lee Mijoo or appearing on the big shows with big MCs like Yoo Jae-suk, Kang Ho-dong or Shin Dong-yup. It's mostly random smaller variety shows, or web-shows, nothing special.

And tbh it's kinda expected with the Produce effect slowly wearing off and Wiz*Ones mostly slowly starting to support just their faves and biases instead of the whole group altogether. When promoting solo, idols need to garner the public's attention for longevity, and she kinda did, but not really just yet. I wouldn't put her on the same level as Somi, Sejeong, Chungha, or Kang Daniel just yet.

• It is not as catchy as smiley and it's too similar to it like lot people think it's smiley 2.0 but the nerf version.

• Smiley 2.0 rejected version

• Welcome to the struggles of a soloist stan. As the Izone effect wears off, Yena will be like any other soloist: dependent on the fickle GP. Prepare for a bumpy ride. Hopefully Yena can keep the GP's attention even when one of her songs does poorly. That's the key to soloist success over the long term.

As for Smartphone: The GP didn't like it as much as Smiley, and her young target audience is focused on NJ atm.

It took some time for Smiley to climb the charts before. This time the young target GP is focused on other things.

• she just gives me jojo siwa vibes very immature and cringe

• 4gen is flavor of the month jumping ship every few months to the next new thing , we shouldnt expect any consistency from 4 gen artists

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!