RE : for acts like snsd, is it true that only taeyeon is doing well as a soloist (singer)?

• Yes. It's difficult to have a big music career

OP

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Yeah, it's weird that none of the other members managed to have successful solo careers.

Like I think Seohyun and Tiffany did pretty good. Tiffany I think had the 2nd best solo debut, but then she started releasing English songs. Maybe it's because Taeyeon is the only one who has been consistent.

I don't know enough about 2nd gen, but I know for 3rd gen, I think Mamamoo, BP, and Red Velvet have all had multiple members have decently successful to hit level solo debuts.

Mamamoo has kinda fallen off since Hwasa's last release didn't do great, and we'll have to see how the public responds to BP and Red Velvet's 2nd releases. Though, we still have to get Jisoo's solo first.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• When Tiffany drops music she does really well actually but she is lowkey and kinda sticks to club songs now from what I have seen. Magnetic Moon is still everywhere at drag queen shows.

Hyo is killing the EDM genre too.

Seohyun's Don't Say No album did really well in 2017 but she rarely releases things now :facepalm:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• It's unfortunately true but at the same time rest of the members barely have any opportunity as singers compared to most artists.

Tiffany, Yuri, Seohyun all released mini albums not to long after Taeyeon and were touted as the next true soloists of SNSD. That was short lived as they basically stopped straight after: SM pissed Seohyun of so she left, Yuri went to acting, Tiffany left and currently more into TV and acting.

Sooyoung and Yoona were actresses from early on, never really went the solo route (Yoona had a couple original songs and the rest were covers), Sunny went for TV.

Hyoyeon is the only other member that pursued music full time but she's never really been that popular. Besides she's going on a different way to Taeyeon or any other soloist, she is a DJ who makes and performs music for club tours worldwide. Apples to oranges

So basically Taeyeon is the only member that followed through with a proper music career, the rest either stopped very early or never really tried.

• aside from Tiffany and Taeyeon, the rest of them didn't really aim for a musical career

Tiffany aimed for West which was a big gamble

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!