HELP, I DROPPED SOME AKORNS!!!!

• Yes very bad impression of a clickbait title, but you're here right?

So the sheer number of threads alluding to this, keeps this topic at the forefront of my mind. Seriously, the conversation seems to always turn here, but y'all aren't wrong... forums are a dying breed. AKP benefits from having been one of the most active KPOP forums historically and we are still seeing traffic, but it is still following the trend.

What suggestions do you have for attracting more traffic? What about keeping it?

I want to focus of solutions - and not ones that involve magical leprechauns. If you can present me with some realistic solutions with reasons you think they'll work, I'll give you 49 akorns (on top of the 1 you earn by posting!). That's 50 akorns!!! I'm between here and IRL work, so there might be some delay in transferring, but y'all know me and my word.

What do you have to lose? Nothing. I'm the one that'll hopefully be going broke. :finger-heart:

• moar events!

Playing games and stuff helps more people mingle. Like I saw a lot of users for the first time in the Hunger Games and now I see the in the forum more. I think stuff like that is a great ice breaker and removes some of the cliqueish aspects of the forum for a bit.

• Honestly, I have no idea. Like you said, I think forums are a dying breed, and I think the things that need to be done to keep audience engagement, you guys are already doing them or trying at least.

Interested to see what other users think though.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I would say there should be some exposure of forum on allkpop main site!

some kind of widget should be placed in the spot where I put green heart

maybe the one with latest threads on forum, this way will be easier to attract more newbies

widg.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• moar events!

Playing games and stuff helps more people mingle. Like I saw a lot of users for the first time in the Hunger Games and now I see the in the forum more. I think stuff like that is a great ice breaker and removes some of the cliqueish aspects of the forum for a bit.

Then perhaps we need a dedicated games squad?

• The right title could trigger them or incite their interest to come leave a comment. :pepe-use-head:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• moar events!

moar :itzy38:

• There was a feature on old forum where wall comments can be seen on the sidelines (except if you lock your profile)?? that did brought a lot of attraction for me. it was fun as well. plus idk you get akorns by posting on walls? it should be included

We used to, but people took advantage of wall akorns to spam THEMSELVES. You know what they say about the good things in life - someone always has to ruin it for everyone else.

• advertising guild more, if more people know about fandom power then they're likely to pop in more. and even if that means more users will stay in guilds, a number of users are likely to venture out as well.

more support for new users, such as having few users help out new users for as much time as they need and help them settle into akp and get comfortable

those are just some things i thought of at the top of my head

• advertising guild more, if more people know about fandom power then they're likely to pop in more. and even if that means more users will stay in guilds, a number of users are likely to venture out as well.

more support for new users, such as having few users help out new users for as much time as they need and help them settle into akp and get comfortable

Say it ain't so! Guilds were the root of all evil yesterday. This is their redemption arc. :pepe-onions:

And I think that means you think we should put together a newbie welcoming squad?

• I have this account now for since 2016 and only got active in 2021. What make me like Allkpop so much are the other User I really have fun with but know a lot of User I like have already left and I see that I got lest active now.

I don't know how this can help but maybe when you know why some user become inactive you can find a Solution.

Sry that I can't help :|:|:|

Edited once, last by Byleth ().

• Say it ain't so! Guilds were the root of all evil yesterday. This is their redemption arc. :pepe-onions:

allkpoppies villianize anything that seems powerful

they won't make it out alive once i enter my villian era 122956-mark-sus-gif

• moar events!

i was just gonna say this :pepe-life-support: do is still get my 49 akorns?

out of service

• And I think that means you think we should put together a newbie welcoming squad?

definitely. i think users that are known for being kind, welcoming, and generous would be perfect. i feel having someone who's a lot more familiar and won't hesitate to help with akorns and show around is important because that's the way to welcome someone who doesn't feel in touch with the forum, right? show them the good stuff a reason its worth investing in (and maybe even allkill eventually). aesthetics are so addicting too LOL

if this becomes a thing, i'd definitely be someone who would love to help out.

• These are cards, not badges. and much bigger too.

Haladitele 2 - Zephyr Discord Bot - Personal Albums | OpenSea

Yes, but what purpose would they serve? And where would you put them?

Would you have to pay for them like you pay for badges? Are we displaying them? Or just collecting them?

What would I as a user get out of having these cards?

Just curious. I don't mean any offense.

• Akp User of the day- User who reaches a certain quota like 400-500 or highest number of posts a day (no spamming of course) will win akorns and will get a chance to be an admin for a day. :groovins:

• Akp User of the day- User who reaches a certain quota like 400-500 or highest number of posts a day (no spamming of course) will win akorns and will get a chance to be an admin for a day. :groovins:

400!? Do people really post that much in a day? I know I'm not winning that lol. :pepe-life-support:

• For game, its basically just users collect cards of their favourite k-idols, groups, and k-drama characters, with new ones being added every week. You can sell and trade these cards with other players. Cards are dropped every now and then in a thread decided by the event organizer, and can be claimed via code. The code is shown in the image.

You can:

Sell cards

Fuse your card to level it up

, the bigger the level the nicer the card would look like

If you have discord you can play something like this on Minju server. That's basically where I get the idea lol

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

30f443a5649093af9ae086cb57c3ead9e83c6734.gifv

• Interesting. I might be down for that.

• I come here a lot for the data analysis - Official digital thread.

If AKP can dedicate resources and promote the data-analyzing users, help with tools, that will be cool.

Otherwise the usual sparring etc., is better (or worse depending on POV) on twitter etc.,

Another option is good music analysis and teaching appreciation content. Instead of bunch of amateurish Bop/Flop/Blop assessment.

• I agree with the people who want more events and games. Not just geared towards the guilds but fandoms and individuals too.

I'm going to rip off reddit and ask for the ability to add flairs on thread titles like appreciation, discussion, joke or whatever. It bums me out when people come in to appreciation posts just to bring the mood down and I think that kind of toxicity also chases people away. Some people also might want to use flair to designate what group the thread is for coz a lot of thread titles are misleading....kinda like this one. Lol

• definitely. i think users that are known for being kind, welcoming, and generous would be perfect. i feel having someone who's a lot more familiar and won't hesitate to help with akorns and show around is important because that's the way to welcome someone who doesn't feel in touch with the forum, right? show them the good stuff a reason its worth investing in (and maybe even allkill eventually). aesthetics are so addicting too LOL

if this becomes a thing, i'd definitely be someone who would love to help out.

I would not be against a welcoming committee. I already created a welcome forum and it needs mods.... :/ I'll make a thread on it later!

• I come here a lot for the data analysis - Official digital thread.

If AKP can dedicate resources and promote the data-analyzing users, help with tools, that will be cool.

Otherwise the usual sparring etc., is better (or worse depending on POV) on twitter etc.,

Another option is good music analysis and teaching appreciation content. Instead of bunch of amateurish Bop/Flop/Blop assessment.

So AKP has a set of music critics? Reviews are posted in the KPOP section right now. At one point I believe the forum had a review section, but it kinda flopped since everyone just checked KPOP instead.

And what resources do you mean?

• This thread contains 51 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!