soooo i just did i stupid thing with my braces

• Lol, your braces won't break, they're literally cemented onto your teeth.

The worst that will happen is the wax comes off and you have to replace it or scratch your mouth.

Source: had braces back in the day. Ate caramel popcorn.

Just go replace your wax, and dip your cookies in milk or something.

• thank you ive only had these things for two months

• thank you ive only had these things for two months

It IS possible to break off a bracket, (you have to try hard, believe me, I ate some heinous things when I had braces), but even then it's not the end of the world. You just schedule an appointment and they go back and cement it back on.

PS: don't eat candy apples, either the red kind or the caramel kind. Learned that lesson the hard way. Bubble gum is doable if you're a gum chewer (I was), but you mostly just have to make sure it doesn't get stuck around your brackets and feel weird, it shouldn't make them come off unless the weren't well-cemented in the first place. Things like corn, cookies, etc should be totally fine. Orthodontists understand that people do actually have to live a life and eat their oreos/chips ahoy, so dental cement should be strong enough by far to withstand that, unless your dentist did a bad cement job to begin with (and at least in my experience, I could feel that, if one bracket wasn't secure or rocked or something).

• Also, tell somebody your wire hurts, you shouldn't have to use wax for forever (or next month, whenever your next appointment might be). Often these things are a five minute correction the orthodontist doesn't even charge for, so let someone know and be insistent about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!