Serious questions I have about Jessica Jung!!!

• Which career path would you prefer as a former Kpop girl group member being blocked by your former label? 25

1. Giving it all up! (3) 12%
    2. Fighting and standing up for myself like Jessica Jung! (22) 88%

1. I wonder why people downplay her power and position as a celebrity, former kpop idol, entrepreneur, main vocalist or her major role in snsd etc!?! Jessica has been doing so well given her situation of being blocked by the largest Kpop label that has been on top for decades, the limited resources she can access (Corridel is nothing like SM) and the hate she gets from haters. She's managed to stay healthy and strond, thrive and keep relevant no matter what(She's the most successful female korean idol after leaving SM. She's worked with most major fashion brands in Korea, a cover girl for diferent magazines etc). She's been true to herself and her passion for music even when blacklisted and that's how she's hopefully starting afresh in China.

2. Why do people think that it's ok for SNSD to do as they please but not Jessica? I mean, after their 10th anniversary, each member chose what's best for them and everyone was ok with that but Jessica wasn't given that opportunity!?! Yes, she couldn't wait to do something outside SNSD but so what? I mean she trained for 7 whole years and also gave SNSD 7 full years without divided attention. Everyone can't have the same timing for everything! Why can't people see that!?!

3. Why do people think that she's a flop? Jessica is among the very few kpop soloist who can sale out Asian fan meet tours and that alone is more poweful than charting #1 in Korea. I don't know of any former girl group member or current girl group member who has attended as many fashion events as Jessica, or one who has her clothing line sold in numerous stores around the world. Many idol soloists can't even tour, meet and perform for their fans across Asia!!!

4. Why aren't Jessica and Krystal doing something major as a duo? Where's the JungSis album? Is SM blocking them from working together? Shame on you SM!!!

5. Did you expect Jessica to be that successful in China? She's already so busy! I mean she got busy as soon as she got there!!!

Queen

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Found this on Pinterest
    Discover even more ideas for you
    pin.it

Found this on Pinterest
    pin.it

Found this on Pinterest
    pin.it

Found this on Pinterest
    pin.it

Found this on Pinterest
    pin.it

Found this on Pinterest
    pin.it

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She has serious fans too you know.

External Content youtu.be

• Go to Best Answer
  • what's with jessica and snsd? why so many hate her?

Because she chose to do both SNSD and her fashion line with permission from both SM and SNSD but when Jessica's business showed ssigns of serious success from it's launch, SM and SNSD both changed their minds and gave an ultimatum to choose between SNSD and her business, Jessica chose her business and FORTUNATELY OR UNFORTUNATELY, they kicked her out.

So to the Korean general public and many original Sone, Jessica is a traitor!!!

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

• Honestly after all the petty bullshizznips, I am glad to see her performing on a global scale again and succeeded

Yeah, me too. She's going to debut once more. The future is bright for her.

I’m happy for Jessica! She’s still famous, is now doing what she wants, standing up for herself and just all around seems to be doing great.

• why would sm stop Krystal and Jessica?

I dont think Krystal is under SM

To answer the rest, soshi bond was a major selling point that SM promoted. Jessica starting her company started the series of event that leaded to her exit and the illusion shattering.

People just can't accept that idols relationship are working relationships not family.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I know that SM no longer has any control over Krystal but if I'm to blame anyone for anything Jungsis, it's definitely SM lol! I mean someone should take the blame 8o

• They pretend like she never exist but this woman came back stronger

I know right :pepe-high-five:

• She is an adult so she can do as she pleases, if she wants to return to being an idol, I'm ok with that, the idea of whether she did it because her fashion business was sinking never crossed my mind. I still think she still wants to remain relevant as she still feels has a lot to give as an idol. Or maybe she wants to prove she can do it all, even if it was the cause for kicking her out of her original group first.

But I've always find it funny she always finds a way to headline the news as the same time as SNSD, which for me it is a sign that there is some unfinished business.

Anyway I wish her success as a new C-Pop idol!

• stand my ground and fight for a career like her because like if I had her talent her beautiful voice why not share with the world lmao

for real tho I am happy she is around and hearing her singin

and the role she played on SNSD was huuuugeeeee

• But I've always find it funny she always finds a way to headline the news as the same time as SNSD, which for me it is a sign that there is some unfinished business.

It's usually the other way around though?

SM putting Tiffany's solo out the same time as her

Putting an SNSD fanmeet at the same place and time as hers

Taeyeon releasing an album the same day Shine was to come out

Hyoyeon releasing an album the same time Bright was to come out

Announcing the comeback 3 months early conveniently the day before Sisters aired just to not do or say anything else about it for another month

:check-bee:

• I think fans being encouraged to pick a side is what has kept this beef thing going.

OT8 fans are still salty and Jessica stans are still salty too. The whole situation was handled messily and pettily.

Plus the little shady jabs that SNSD/SM and Jessica have thrown at each other just keeps the fuel going. Jessica writing a fictional book based on her time as a member of SNSD also reinvigorated some of her hate as well since she wrote some things that blurred the lines and shined a negative light on Soshi members based on things that may or may not have been true.

I don't think either side has fully moved on, which keeps the hate train going. But fans have a hard time admitting that.

I do think SM/SNSD OT8 fans go out of their way to make it seem like Jessica is flopping and struggling, which makes me want to side with her since I always root for the underdog.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• This is exactly what I am talking about? Like, they want Jessica to fail so badly. She was up against literal Chinese superstars on a Chinese show, and still got 2nd, like?

External Content twitter.com

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• This is exactly what I am talking about? Like, they want Jessica to fail so badly. She was up against literal Chinese superstars on a Chinese show, and still got 2nd, like?

People are dumb as fuck, for starters, 2nd place is amazing, and secondly, it is a chinese show maybe they didn't want a korean center and she was robbed for that first place just like sakura was in produce 48

• People are dumb as fuck, for starters, 2nd place is amazing, and secondly, it is a chinese show maybe they didn't want a korean center and she was robbed for that first place just like sakura was in produce 48

Exactly, who really thought she'd be center? I didn't even know Chinese groups did centers.

• Jessica is amazing and it is sad how everything went down between her and the group but there are always two sides. We will never know the full truth and I‘m okay with it. I will support SNSD and I will support Jessica. She still belongs to SNSD to me. She worked hard for that group, gave her best years and was a huge part of their success too. She deserves more than just being that member who left. I hope someday people will look at her and see Jessica the Person, the Artist and not just the ex-snsd member. She deserves being happy and the rest too. I don‘t think anyone is happy with that situation. Even if the members told her to go, nobody will ever know how hard or easy it was.

It is known that SM makes life hard for idols who left them on bad terms and they do the same with Jessica until now. Not Jessica trying to get some leftover SNSD fame or the members trying to destroy her success with coming back at the same time. I think everyone wants peace and they deserve it.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• She is an adult so she can do as she pleases, if she wants to return to being an idol, I'm ok with that, the idea of whether she did it because her fashion business was sinking never crossed my mind. I still think she still wants to remain relevant as she still feels has a lot to give as an idol. Or maybe she wants to prove she can do it all, even if it was the cause for kicking her out of her original group first.

But I've always find it funny she always finds a way to headline the news as the same time as SNSD, which for me it is a sign that there is some unfinished business.

Anyway I wish her success as a new C-Pop idol!

Beautiful thoughts that Jessica desrves :thumbup:

As for always headlining at the same time as SNSD, I think that it's one thing that they all agreed on after making up to feed on each other's energy or, SNSD/SM have to do their best to ruin her promotions because every time they are mentioned together, Jessica gets all the hate or, Jessica just won't let it slide after giving SNSD 14 f**king years. So, she makes sure that she takes advantage of every major SNSD event to promote her works and herself too which is so smart.

Whichever reason it is, I'm ok with it.

• Jessica is amazing and it is sad how everything went down between her and the group but there are always two sides. We will never know the full truth and I‘m okay with it. I will support SNSD and I will support Jessica. She still belongs to SNSD to me. She worked hard for that group, gave her best years and was a huge part of their success too. She deserves more than just being that member who left. I hope someday people will look at her and see Jessica the Person, the Artist and not just the ex-snsd member. She deserves being happy and the rest too. I don‘t think anyone is happy with that situation. Even if the members told her to go, nobody will ever know how hard or easy it was.

It is known that SM makes life hard for idols who left them on bad terms and they do the same with Jessica until now. Not Jessica trying to get some leftover SNSD fame or the members trying to destroy her success with coming back at the same time. I think everyone wants peace and they deserve it.

I agree. Nobody won after kicking her out. They all lost, SM, SNSD, Jessica and Sone. Everyone lost something very special.

• Exactly, who really thought she'd be center? I didn't even know Chinese groups did centers.

Chinese groups are getting lots of ideas from Kpop groups. Jessica easily snatched the centre position from the get-go without even trying. It was so nice to see.

• People are dumb as fuck, for starters, 2nd place is amazing, and secondly, it is a chinese show maybe they didn't want a korean center and she was robbed for that first place just like sakura was in produce 48

I also think that they had to give that position to a Chinese to prevent any unwanted problems from the gp given that Jessica is Korean.

She is worshiped through out the show. She's a main dancer, the kind that doesn't require a lot of time to practice the performances. And her Chinese is very good when singing, she received a lot if love.

• i think koreans dislike her becoming a chinese idol because of korea china beef.

I really don't think that's the case I mean, many kpop idols promote in Japan and sing Japanese and Koreans don't complain.

Jessica is American so no matter what she does, she'll always be the uncultured foreigner girl and her SNSD drama makes it harder. But she's still thriving and that's what matters.

• I'm glad she didn't back down.

• I still can't believ that SM is that butt hurt, they are so sh*tty.

That's what makes me think that some SNSD members aren't as innocent as people think.

• stand my ground and fight for a career like her because like if I had her talent her beautiful voice why not share with the world lmao

for real tho I am happy she is around and hearing her singin

and the role she played on SNSD was huuuugeeeee

Jessica contributed the most to SNSD's delicate, feminine, unique sound which gave them their special colour. No matter what they do, they'll never have that again.

And, she was super popular. in some countries, Jessica was #3, #2 or #1 in popularity. In fashion, she ranked first because of natural chic style, nobody came close and that' how she invented the airport fashion in the Korean entertainment industry.

• Jessica Jung carried SNSD on her shoulders along with Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun for like 4 years before the rest of the girls could be both singers and dancers. (Most were JUST dancers)

She also was honestly the unofficial stand in leader for Taeyeon, if Taeyeon wasn’t present, she had the most stable vocals for a LONG time.

Can you imagine if Gee and Genie had yo be adlibbed alone by Taeyeon the entire time? Tiffany and Seohyun werent even close to ready at the time. Dont get me wrong, every single SNSD member could be an idol on their own (except Yoona) at this point with their vocal and dancing skills, but they did not debut with this strength.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Course she deserves to be successful and happy! What I don't get is people purely placing blame on one party when both parties are at fault

I will never understand that too.

• Another point: i would never have liked KPOP without jessica in that group, and i think MANY western fans feel the same. I remember hearing her speak crisp english for the first time and it felt like i had nothing holding me back from relating to this group and genre for the first time.

Jessica changed the game for EVERY idol. She’s the first fashion queen, the first international queen (not just in Asia), the first entrepreneur, one of the first all-arounders. I’m team jessica for life.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I agree. She played a huge role only to be kicked out.

Jessica was great since debut, Taeyeon has improved a lot since debut, she wasn't that strong. This makes me think of Ningning and Winter. Winter is so strong already while Ningning is yet to showcase her best vocal abilities.

• Another point: i would never have liked KPOP without jessica in that group, and i think MANY western fans feel the same. I remember hearing her speak crisp english for the first time and it felt like i had nothing holding me back from relating to this group and genre for the first time.

Jessica changed the game for EVERY idol. She’s the first fashion queen, the first international queen (not just in Asia), the first entrepreneur, one of the first all-arounders. I’m team jessica for life.

Same here.

• Jessica gets flak simply because she put her personal priorities over that of the groups.

It is not as though others did not have individual priorities, Taeyeon could have easily gone fully solo much earlier and she might have beaten IU. Yet they all balanced their priorities, which apparently Jessica did not, at least not to the extent SM and others expected her to.

So fired or quit whatever, she has moved on and the group has moved on. They speak no more of her, but she indulges in thinly veiled allusions in her supposedly fictional books.

I don't think any of them are in the wrong here. People can have conflicting priorities and they can arrive at different decisions on what they want to do.

At best SM can be blamed, for not managing expectations regarding balance between group and individual activities. That is all.

As to her popularity outside SNSD. It is extremely rare for for a former group member to be as popular as they were in their popular group. There are not many exceptions.

For example SISTAR solos are no where as popular as SISTAR was, nor 2NE1.

if at all, it is Taeyeon who is the most successful former grouper. (former in the sense that her group has pretty much stopped activity for the past 5 years or so)

It is precisely for this reason that agencies prefer groups, than solos. Even if one or other member leaves, the group still remains viable brand. Whereas with solos, it is sunk.

So every story need not have a definitive hero and villain(s), it is a on a spectrum. It is good that both Jessica and the rest SNSD are thriving in their own ways.

Good luck to them

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• Beautiful thoughts that Jessica desrves :thumbup:

As for always headlining at the same time as SNSD, I think that it's one thing that they all agreed on after making up to feed on each other's energy or, SNSD/SM have to do their best to ruin her promotions because every time they are mentioned together, Jessica gets all the hate or, Jessica just won't let it slide after giving SNSD 14 f**king years. So, she makes sure that she takes advantage of every major SNSD event to promote her works and herself too which is so smart.

Whichever reason it is, I'm ok with it.

I'm going to answer to both here as my reply has to do with pretty much the same.

I don't know how much Jessica or SNSD watches over each other activities to make them coincide in time so whenever one announces something, the other one has something to announce too, I see it as a win because I get information on both at the same time but if they do so to steal the spotlight from the other, it looks like some unfinished business. It is also shady, petty and childish as hell, regardless of the reasons for whoever is doing it. And I think that just like the reason to kick her out, the blame might be on both sides. If you agree with me or not, it's ok.

I think that Jessica is in all her right to celebrate her milestones as an idol, which will always coincide with those of SNSD, no matter how much we like it or hate it. If both are busy all year and it turns out they have news around the same time, better for people who still support OT9. The rest can just ignore the others' articles and netizens' comments (which are pretty much the fodder for articles and threads like this one, no hate sonemariam, you are one of my favorite users here).

I think we should stop getting enraged whenever they both announce something and just enjoy the fact they are still going strong, each on their side. If there is a reunion in the future, we all are going to come here to cry of happiness.

And I think that as much hate as she gets, she gets the same support, and the fact she is still going on is proof of that. Same for SNSD.

I am happy for both, just hate how much people keep fanning the flames on this issue, but that's personal preference I guess.

We are going to get constant releases from Jessica now, and maybe this will bring closure to her unfinished career in SNSD, she needs this, we all need this, how long is this group supposed to promote?

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!