Twice is the most commercially successful girl group ever?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

Can you imagine how much money JYPE got since Twice debut?

:pepe-shrug::pepe-shrug::pepe-shrug:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• totally agree that Twice sold the most albums

But the use of term "commercially successful" is very vague. In anyway, i think it will be more generally agreeable that BP as a whole and individually are more "commercially successful" given their brand name + ambassadorship + selling power

But the use of term "commercially successful" is very vague. In anyway, i think it will be more generally agreeable that BP as a whole and individually are more "commercially successful" given their brand name + ambassadorship + selling power

Commercially successful is a very vague term indeed. Twice sold more albums, but BP has likely made more commercially due to their much more lucrative and high-profile endorsements. Pretty much the fastest and easiest way to make a buck.

and even if BP only made half of the revenue Twice does, individually the BP members would come out with more profit individually. The bigger the group, the more money they have to make compared to smaller groups.

• "commercially successful" & “ever” is belong to snsd ot9. Even south korea talked about it. We as international stan jist need to agreed with korean.

• "commercially successful" & “ever” is belong to snsd ot9. Even south korea talked about it. We as international stan jist need to agreed with korean.

But does the SNSD members have receipts to back it up? Seeing that the newer groups reach wider audience.

Snsd remains as the legend and blueprint for kpop girl groups but i dont think they will be the most successful commercially

But there is no point of selling super well or strong branding power if they are not as active as Twice.

• I would say yes. I mean if I'm making the list of most successful kpop girl group ever for different metrics like Physical sales, Korean digitals, International digitals, Touring, etc. then I think Twice will be top 3 in all of those lists without a doubt. I don't think I can say the same about any other girl group.... Probably SNSD but not sure to the extent of Twice.... So yeah I will agree Twice is the most commercially successful kpop girl group ever till someone makes strong argument for others....

• Commercially successful is a very vague term indeed. Twice sold more albums, but BP has likely made more commercially due to their much more lucrative and high-profile endorsements. Pretty much the fastest and easiest way to make a buck.

and even if BP only made half of the revenue Twice does, individually the BP members would come out with more profit individually. The bigger the group, the more money they have to make compared to smaller groups.

When I say commercially successful I am not looking at money in their individual pockets, I quantifying how much money the group as a whole make, I think that is what I mean by the title exactly

• Commercially successful is a very vague term indeed. Twice sold more albums, but BP has likely made more commercially due to their much more lucrative and high-profile endorsements. Pretty much the fastest and easiest way to make a buck.

Take Taeyeon for example, does how much money she earn from her past solo albums were counted to how commercially successful SNSD as a group is? How about Hyuna's earnings to 4minute? Or Sunmi's to Wonder Girls?

I think they are all entirely different conversation altogether

• Take Taeyeon for example, does how much money she earn from her past solo albums were counted to how commercially successful SNSD as a group is? How about Hyuna's earnings to 4minute? Or Sunmi's to Wonder Girls?

I think they are all entirely different conversation altogether

I understand your point, but I'm not discussing individual activities. I'm speaking solely on group income where they all participate (such as BP's many high-profile group endorsements) As there are only 4 members compared to Twice's 9, the money they make as a group is split up less. The members of the group are profiting more from group activities since they only need to make about 45 percent as much as Twice as a group does.

Commercially successful is a bit of an undefined term. Would success just be the basic numbers not taking anything else into account? Would it be the profit the members of the group are making from the group activities? I would go with the latter.

When the year finishes, BP will have sold over 2 million albums, most likely considerably more. That would mean Twice would need to sell close to 4.5-5 million albums this year for the members to make as much as BP members. Twice would also need to have just over double the touring numbers, and have more endorsements than BP. I don't see all of those things happening this year.

• When I say commercially successful I am not looking at money in their individual pockets, I quantifying how much money the group as a whole make, I think that is what I mean by the title exactly

That's fair but I wouldn't say most "commercially successful" then. Their brand isn't worth nearly as much as a group like BP's. But if you're going strictly based on revenue, and not analyzing the numbers, I guess you could make that argument.

• That's fair but I wouldn't say most "commercially successful" then. Their brand isn't worth nearly as much as a group like BP's. But if you're going strictly based on revenue, and not analyzing the numbers, I guess you could make that argument.

That's literally how everyone quantify a group as "commercially successful". Everything else is beside the point.

:smirks::smirks::smirks:

• That's literally how everyone quantify a group as "commercially successful". Everything else is beside the point.

:smirks::smirks::smirks:

I mean, myself and many others would consider how much companies and members are actually making as commercially successful. You could be making all that money and it only going to paying off the cost of the production and not actually making any profit. Which is why it's important to look deeper into things.

You could release one album that sells 100,000 copies and makes a profit.
    You could release 10,000 albums that sell 11 copies each and have a net negative result. But if you look at the numbers only, group A would have sold 100k albums and group B 110,000 albums.

• When the year finishes, BP will have sold over 2 million albums, most likely considerably more. That would mean Twice would need to sell close to 4.5-5 million albums this year for the members to make as much as BP members. Twice would also need to have just over double the touring numbers, and have more endorsements than BP. I don't see all of those things happening this year.

I dont think Blackpink will make nearly as much as Twice made in 2020, 2021 and 2022 combined from album sales even if they sell 3 million albums this year. The hiatus really hurt the numbers. That's without taking into account how much Twice make for japanese albums.

The only saving grace is probably CFs and brand deals then again if Twice is making 1.5 billion from this year even if BP makes 15 billion that's nothing compared to 20 billion and 25 billion Twice make during their world tour. Then again money inside BP's individual pockets might be bigger but that's not what TMI is trying to say in my original post

• I mean, myself and many others would consider how much companies and members are actually making as commercially successful. You could be making all that money and it only going to paying off the cost of the production and not actually making any profit. Which is why it's important to look deeper into things.

It is hard to quantify how much the cost of the production considering YG as a company almost always on the red since Burning Sun Scandal

• I dont think Blackpink will make nearly as much as Twice made in 2020, 2021 and 2022 combined from album sales even if they sell 3 million albums this year. The hiatus really hurt the numbers. That's without taking into account how much Twice make for japanese albums.

The only saving grace is probably CFs and brand deals then again if Twice is making 1.5 billion from this year even if BP makes 15 billion that's nothing compared to 20 billion and 25 billion Twice make during their world tour. Then again money inside BP's individual pockets might be bigger but that's not what TMI is trying to say in my original post

Your post is about the first half of 2022 only, when BP, the group with the most profitable branding, wasn't even active. So calling them the most commercially successful group based only on 6 months of 2022 is strange. Especially when the last time BP was active in 2020 they were a lot more commercially successful than Twice.

BP's world tour will make a lot more money than Twice's is, just like last time and just like when they did online concerts.

• Yes

The people comparing SNSD & Twice should know SNSD only produced one album per year(exception of 2009 & 2010) while Twice on average had 2-3 albums per year (exception of 2015)

Twice, on their 7th year has had 22 albums(Full album,EPs,Compilation) while SNSD had 15 of the same type of albums on their 15th year.

Idk how others see it but personally, Twice has utilized their peak to the fullest, thanks to JYP(although them pushing the girls are not okay). SM failed to do that with SNSD(as they focused more on balancing the girls' needs as individuals rather than the group) and YG...I won't even start to say how they are the worst company when it comes to stuff like this

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• Your post is about the first half of 2022 only, when BP, the group with the most profitable branding, wasn't even active. So calling them the most commercially successful group based only on 6 months of 2022 is strange. Especially when the last time BP was active in 2020 they were a lot more commercially successful than Twice.

BP's world tour will make a lot more money than Twice's is, just like last time and just like when they did online concerts.

Have BP even been active for the past 2 years

• Your post is about the first half of 2022 only, when BP, the group with the most profitable branding, wasn't even active. So calling them the most commercially successful group based only on 6 months of 2022 is strange. Especially when the last time BP was active in 2020 they were a lot more commercially successful than Twice.

Sure but by the time BP has 2 World tour, Twice will have 4. I know I know, Twice's first world tour kinda suck balls but that's how close of a margin their world tour are that every more stops and audiences matter

:pepegrin::pepegrin::pepegrin:

• They've sold more albums that blackpink something blinks don't seem to remember

Shhhhh they can always delude themselves that they'd outsell Twice with more albums, because apparently each and every one of them would sell like The Album not like any other BP album :merongk:

Here we go, he couldn't resist. If I did this everyone would be losing their shit at me for "ruining BP appreciation thread".

For your info, those CFs don't pay as much as you think they do. Brand name lol

• JYP really hit the jackpot with Twice. In my opinion one of the best girlgroups of all time. Not only South Korea.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• The argument that Twice sold more albums is true, but just in general I would like to know if Blackpink would have sold as many albums with the same number of albums (Korean and Japanese) as Twice.

I guess we will never know. :S

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Shhhhh they can always delude themselves that they'd outsell Twice with more albums, because apparently each and every one of them would sell like The Album not like any other BP album :merongk:

and why shouldn't the future ones sell like 'The Album'? It's not like Blackpink has lost popularity.

• and why shouldn't the future ones sell like 'The Album'? It's not like Blackpink has lost popularity.

First of all, who said anything about future ones? Up until 2020 BP was selling less per album than Twice on average. Second, learn basic "offer/demand" rule. Shorter comeback periods and bigger existing inventory vs longer comeback periods and smaller existing inventory. Do you know that Twice sold almost million of their old albums this year alone?

• This thread contains 80 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!