I am surprised for Pop and Sneaker's rises on charts!

• I am honestly surprised. But not in a bad way.

JYPE songs seems not to have a lot of luck since the chart reform of Flo, Vibe and Melon as well, most struggling to get a top 10.

Nayeon released a big ass bop which is Pop, and the charting was a bit underwhelming for me at the first days. Somehow it shoot straight to top 5 Melon 24Hits which hardly any JYPE artists did since the reform. I was shocked by the unexpected rise, but it felt good. I hope TWICE can chart higher than Alcohol-Free.

ITZY got a controversial comeback with Sneakers, because after 3 love songs (Not Shy, Mafia, Loco), seems like they returned to a fresh and love yourself theme kind of sound, which I loved and preferred. I loved the song much better than I thought and it wasn't as bad as people said. I loved the MV and how the story developed. And as expected, their charting was so low at the beginning. Now, WHAT? They rose to a high position on iChart like WHAT? (Sorry MYs) I was surprised when Sneakers charted higher than Girls, because aespa is currently the trend (no offense to aespa but I was really surprised). The rise of Sneakers felt amazing for me because I liked the song when it came out.

So why do you think JYPE is "getting back" the hype? Please discuss with me, thank you!

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• their songs composition is targeting Korean market

I called it on sneaker doing well as soon as I heard the snippet people called me a delulu

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• when people said they would do good in korea I called them delulu

I won

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We'll see if JYPE's hype is fully back when Twice's comeback comes out.

I think JYPE returned to the sound and concept that Korea likes from them. ITZY returned to their teen crush/love yourself concept, which is what initially blew them up. Nayeon gave them a cute song reminiscent of Twice's music when they were at their peak.

All agencies have their time. I remember when Red Velvet was lagging on the charts at some point too and NCT was still in the process of rising. JYPE fell into a slump. We'll see if they have risen above it, or if they are going to continue to experiment with their approach.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• their songs composition is targeting Korean market

I called it on sneaker doing well as soon as I heard the snippet people called me a delulu

I agree with Pop targeting Korean market. Not sure about Sneakers, but they are doing better Korean and internationally than I thought. Ppl were quick to complain that Sneakers chorus is cheap compared to the royal images. But oh well, I loved the song esp pre-chorus.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• We'll see if JYPE's hype is fully back when Twice's comeback comes out.

I think JYPE returned to the sound and concept that Korea likes from them. ITZY returned to their teen crush/love yourself concept, which is what initially blew them up. Nayeon gave them a cute song reminiscent of Twice's music when they were at their peak.

All agencies have their time. I remember when Red Velvet was lagging on the charts at some point too and NCT was still in the process of rising. JYPE fell into a slump. We'll see if they have risen above it, or if they are going to continue to experiment with their approach.

I am nervous for TWICE really if they don’t have good numbers I bet they will get shitted on again. Hope they don’t choose another Scientist.

I fully agree with your observations about the concepts, because Sneakers is really ITZY-Y and Pop is really Nayeon-y. I loved Dalila, Icy and Wannabe love yourself concept much more than love concept of Not Shy Mafia and Loco, so Sneakers was an instant hit from me. Pop was really catchy.

I was very nervous for Red Velvet after a good time like Red Flavor Peek A Boo Bad Boy Power Up and suddenly RBB Zimzalabim and Umpah slumped but Psycho slayed. 2021 is definitely SM year, so yes, let’s see if JYP can beat this year!

• I am nervous for TWICE really if they don’t have good numbers I bet they will get shitted on again. Hope they don’t choose another Scientist.

I fully agree with your observations about the concepts, because Sneakers is really ITZY-Y and Pop is really Nayeon-y. I loved Dalila, Icy and Wannabe love yourself concept much more than love concept of Not Shy Mafia and Loco, so Sneakers was an instant hit from me. Pop was really catchy.

I was very nervous for Red Velvet after a good time like Red Flavor Peek A Boo Bad Boy Power Up and suddenly RBB Zimzalabim and Umpah slumped but Psycho slayed. 2021 is definitely SM year, so yes, let’s see if JYP can beat this year!

scientists I hate that song it’s okay if it’s b side it’s a pretty laid back song twice is the best with bouncy element all their bouncy song are hit tho I love I can’t stop me cry for me but it’s not twice identity maybe they can go for more quirky sexy bouncy songs

• scientists I hate that song it’s okay if it’s b side it’s a pretty laid back song twice is the best with bouncy element all their bouncy song are hit tho I love I can’t stop me cry for me but it’s not twice identity maybe they can go for more quirky sexy bouncy songs

Same, TWICE songs usually get me hooked for weeks and months after its release, but Scientist... I dropped the song after 2 days! It is fitting for a B-side, but is so weak for such a great album like FOL. Icon, Espresso or even Cry For Me should be the title.

• Same, TWICE songs usually get me hooked for weeks and months after its release, but Scientist... I dropped the song after 2 days! It is fitting for a B-side, but is so weak for such a great album like FOL. Icon, Espresso or even Cry For Me should be the title.

icon can be the tt or moonlight but a lil tweak to it

• But sneakers is bombing on international streaming platforms. I guess it is really hard to cater for both audience

yeah I noticed that as well. Twice's most well received songs internationally didn't do well in Korean charts. Is this only a JYP thing or does this happen to other label idols as well?

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!