How many GG debuts can actually Korean market handle in a span of a year? - let's talk

• How many GG debuts can actually Korean market handle in a span of a year?

ok so first group after a year is the biggest, then next one, then after dots group which at least had some exposure in Korea either thanks to one song, or member going viral

as bonus: project groups which dominated charts

2020: aespa, STAYC,..., Weeekly

bonus: Refund Sisters

2021: IVE,..., Billlie

bonus: none

2022: Le Sserafim, NewJeans,..., Kep1er, NMIXX

bonus: WSG Wannabe

I guess honestly that's it, and I admit I wrote Kep1er just because they were in Queendom, are active and were in ISAC, and I honestly wrote NMIXX just because they are from JYP because if they wouldn't then even sales wouldn't be there, and we all know how O.O. charted.

Everything more, any other group debut should actually be treated as "extra" one, in 99% for a pleasure of international fans, ah and a reminder that we already had multiple disbandments of groups which debuted in 2020-2021 so... yeah, that would be it, and I know we have groups like Purple Kiss, Lightsum, or sub-units like Viviz or WJSN Chocome/The Black, but those are much more appreciated by ifans than by knetz.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Around 100 debut each year, 90%+ of them get ignored.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!