ARE NEWJEANS COOKIE LYRICS QUESTIONABLE?

• ARE NEWJEANS COOKIE LYRICS QUESTIONABLE? 88

1. yes (68) 77%
    2. no (20) 23%

heres the full english translation.. what do y'all think?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

bolded are ones that are in english

[Intro]

Yeah

[Verse 1: Hyein, Henni]

Made a little cookie

Baked it just for you, this treat

But you know that it ain't for free, yeah

Made a little cookie

Softer than a brownie

Living in your head rent-free

[Pre-Chorus: Danielle, Minji]

With chocolate chips, you know

I wanna sprinkle all over

And ruin your appetite

Yeah I’m hiding but

I really wanna see your face

If you want it, you can get it, if you want it

Let me hear you say you want it more, boy

[Chorus: Haerin, Hyein, Minji, Hanni, *Danielle*]

No dinner, dinner, you're hungry though

No water, water, you're thirsty though

Sweet sugar, my my, dessert, my my

That’s how you like it, ain't that right?

*Sweet sugar, my my, dessert, my my*

That's how you like it, ain't that right?

[Verse 2: Haerin, Danielle]

Made a little cookie

Pick your poison, it's on me

I'll melt your heart away

So good, yeah

Looking at my cookie

Yeah, the scent alone will make you see (Taste it)

You can’t stop at one bite with me

[Pre-Chorus: Hanni, Minji]

With chocolate chips, you know

Sprinkles, oh

You’ll lose your mind

'Til you don’t want other tastes

Yeah, I'm hiding but

I really wanna see your face

If you want it, you can get it, if you want it

Let me hear you say you want it more, boy

[Chorus: Haerin, Hyein, Minji, Hanni, *Danielle*]

That’s how you like it, ain't that right?

*Sweet sugar, my my, dessert, my my*

[Bridge]

Bet you know, bet you know, bet you know I

Make recipes that you won't see anywhere else, boy

Take it, don't break it, I wanna see you taste it

Sugar, got sugar

Spare nothing when I bake it

Bet you know, bet you know, bet you know I

Make all the things that will ruin your diet

Take it, don't break it, I wanna see you taste it

Sugar, got sugar

Bet you want some

[Chorus]

[Refrain]

Yeah, yo

Yeah, yo

Mm-mm

Yeah, yo

Yeah, yo

Mm-mm

[Outro]

Made a little cookie

Come and take a lookie

Baked at my place only, come get some

I'll bake it for you daily

But don't try to blame me

Cavity's your problem

Made a little cookie

Come and take a lookie

Baked at my place only, come get some

Bake your favorite daily

But don't try to blame me

Cavity's your problem

source: https://genius.com/Genius-engl…nglish-translation-lyrics

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• Go to Best Answer
  • i personally didn't see the innuendo until people pointed it out... :pepe-narrow-eyes: but its understandable people are more critical. min heejin is even credited as producer im hearing :pepe-magnify:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• if anyone took the song wrong that’s on their brains being disturbed. newjeans even explained it’s a cute fan song

i feel like people are over analysing just because of the scandal .. :pepe-puddle:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• @ people who really think this song is about a girl baking a boy she likes cookies.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• @ people who really think this song is about a girl baking a boy she likes cookies.

:pepe-puddle:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• External Content twitter.com

The girls explained the lyrics, at first I will not lie it did seem weird but like I said, we’re all hypersensitive because of the controversy. Hopefully that’s just it. I do really like the song!

Hmm okay, I guess I'm just thinking of it like this because of all the American songs that use treats as innuendos and the mhj thing might have made me a bit wary. If it really is for the fans and Korean speakers have no problem I guess there's nothing else to think then :pepe-narrow-eyes:

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

The girls explained the lyrics, at first I will not lie it did seem weird but like I said, we’re all hypersensitive because of the controversy. Hopefully that’s just it. I do really like the song!

Cause kpop idols re controlled...especially the minors lol..

You act like the kpop songs have normal lycris...

We need protest for min heejin go away

• Hmm okay, I guess I'm just thinking of it like this because of all the American songs that use treats as innuendos and the mhj thing might have made me a bit wary. If it really is for the fans and Korean speakers have no problem I guess there's nothing else to think then :pepe-narrow-eyes:

i like the song and I didn’t think anything bad of it when I first heard it. I’m gonna go with what the ARTIST of the song is saying the meaning is. If anyone has their own interpretation than that’s a them issue not newjeans

i feel like even if thats the original meaning the problem is at how the lyrics are suggestive if read them without looking at mv + who their director is on everything from the concept to the song but yes when I think about it you can say any song about food is suggestive :pepe-shoooketh:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

you can say that again!

• i personally didn't see the innuendo until people pointed it out... :pepe-narrow-eyes: but its understandable people are more critical. min heejin is even credited as producer im hearing :pepe-magnify:

MV producing since she's an art director, doubt she's into music producing.

The credits for Cookies according to Genius:

Written By
    Gigi (KOR), Ylva Dimberg & Jinsu Park

Arranger
    Jinsu Park

Composer
    Jinsu Park & Ylva Dimberg

Lyricist
    Gigi (KOR) & Ylva Dimberg

Vocals
    Hyein (NewJeans), Haerin (NewJeans), Danielle (NewJeans), Hanni (NewJeans) & Minji (NewJeans)

Label
    ADOR (어도어) (label)

• thanks I was looking for the credits but at that point genius hadn't updated it yet :pepelove1:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• apparently it was not translated properly :/

External Content twitter.com

ngl they all look the same to me except the girl in the middle

not the first time HYBE has messed up with their english translations :pepe-shame:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• ngl they all look the same to me except the girl in the middle

they're all styled the same lol... straight long hair except danielle who has curly hair so thats not a surprising mistake to make :cryingr:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

How does someone translate it that badly? They set them up 💀

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• yall gotta be kidding me the translated lyrics are clearly suggestive theres no defending that and yes they are not the only kpop group that has these kind of innuendos

Now if your saying it was poorly translated thats another thing but they lyrics that are currently there no way is that some innocent cute fan song lmao

• Yes, because that's what you want them to be and that's it, their lyrics, outfits, MVs, pics, everything about them will be questionable because that's how people want to see them after hearing about MHJ, after her "scandal" everything can be questionable because well, people have an excuse "I'm right, they are questionable because MHJ is their CEO and..."

And people will run with this mindset with every content they drop, because that's what they believe, that something is wrong with the group and nothing will change it, that's what they've learned and ingrained in their minds.

• unless the english translation is incredibly wrong, yes they are wack. this would look at home being sung by doja cat and having the word cookie replaced.

of course the teenage girls aren't gonna come out and say this song is about getting some :pepe-life-support:

• This thread contains 206 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!