Favorite Releases from a Visual Kei group

• What are some of your favorite releases from a Visual kei group? You can include songs from groups that were originally Visual kei but later on tone down the makeup and outfits.

Here are some of mine:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• There are a few but just to name bands who still exist, since most bands disbanded over the past years allready and no good new bands are debuting anymore, I'm just naming bands who still exist and I still listen to :

I could name so many more but sadly all bands I liked disbanded so I'm not naming them here now + I don't have enough space to post them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• Has there been any new visual kei bands making an impact?? It doesn't seem like it now. There are a few that I am surprised that are active like Penicillin and Psycho Le Cemu have been back together for a few yrs

• Has there been any new visual kei bands making an impact?? It doesn't seem like it now. There are a few that I am surprised that are active like Penicillin and Psycho Le Cemu have been back together for a few yrs

ACME is doing kinda OK since 2 of the members were in a famous band before but I don't think they chart well or sell a lot CDs since they have almost no views. But ACME got a lot more fans after a Youtuber made a video with them a few weeks ago where he spend a day with them and a few international people got interested into them after watching that video of this one youtuber

• ACME is doing kinda OK since 2 of the members were in a famous band before but I don't think they chart well or sell a lot CDs since they have almost no views. But ACME got a lot more fans after a Youtuber made a video with them a few weeks ago where he spend a day with them and a few international people got interested into them after watching that video of this one youtuber

I will have to check them out then..not familiar with some of the new bands

Edit. I looked up the members and I think I do recognize some of the bands they are from ie DIV and xtripx

• I will have to check them out then..not familiar with some of the new bands

ACME are:

Chisa - 32 years old, vocalist

Shogo - 35 years old, guitarist

Rikito - age unknown (or better said I forgot it and I am to dumb to find info on google), bassist

Hal - 28 years old, drummer

Chisa was member of a band called Mexx before. He said he is in the scene since 16 almost 17 years so he probably joined his first band (I forgot the name, but he was in therebefore Mexx for 1 year as guitarist) as he was 16 years old. Chisa was in Mexx for about 6 years I think till they disbanded. He was the vocalist of Mexx. In 2012 he joined DIV. DIV's most popular song is called "Season" wich is a cover of a song he did in Mexx before. Chisa was afraid of the DIV members (Shogo, Satoshi and Chobi) so he spend a lot time with the member he knew from Mexx but cause Chisa was broke as fuck he shared an apartment with Shogo from 2012 to 2013. Both (Chisa & Shogo) made fun of living together on social media faking a gay realationship but someday they had enough and felt sorry for the fans they fooled who thought both really would be gay. In 2014 both got seperate apartments.

DIV disbanded in 2016 after being misstreated by their agency. Most problem was that the more famous they got, the less they could do their own thing. They could not play their selfwritten music anymore or the song got turned more into a pop-song than they liked and their agency begun to forbite them to wear crazy clothing and crazy hairstyles more and more so they got unhappy and disbanded later on cause of it.

Facts I have about Chisa: He was a bit heavier pierced in the past but removed all piercings except on his ears. Chisa also has a younger brother and he loves to visit Disney Land with him but his brother is a bit annoyed that Chisa wants to spend so much time with him. Chisa was also kind of scared about "crossdressing" in the past but since a few years he likes to sometimes dress up like a girl. On the question if he would do it in front of his girlfriend if he had one he said "even if she would be into it I would never dress as a girl in front of her"

Shogo was in a bad called xTripx with Chobi before joining DIV. Shogo became best friends to Chisa so after DIV disbanded he formeda duo with Chisa called Chisa&Shogo but the duo only laster for maybe half a year.

Facts I have onn Shogo: He loves dogs a lot and owns 3 dachshunds. Shogo's father was a famous guitarist around the 70s and 80s in Japan so he got inspired to learn to play guitar as a small child and allways wanted to be in a band since a young age.

Hal was in a band before but I forgot what band it was.

Facts I have on Hal: He loves panda's a lot so he even glued plushi pandas on his drums. He said if he could switch bodys with any living creature for a day he would choose to be a panda than. BTW his name might be spelled Hal in letters to make it easier to read but his name is actually "Haru" if you go by kanji.

I have no facts about Rikito other that he said that he never was in a band before ACME and yeah ...

For Gotcharocka:

Jui - 39 years old, vocalist

Jun - 37 years old, guitarist, background vocal

Toya - 35 years old, guitarist

Gotcharocka debuted in 2012. Back than they also had a bassist called Shingo but Shingo left the band in 2013 (I forgot the reason why he left).

Jui was originaly vocalist of a band called Vidoll who had debuted in 2001. Vidoll was back than pretty famous in Japan and people inside Japan aswell as foreign fans had a lot random rumors about the band like thinking everyone was gay or stuff like this lol but it was not true and it especially showed as only half a year after disbanding a member revealed to have been married and expecting a child. Vidoll had disbanded in 2011. After Vidoll disbanded Jui released 1 solo-album before he re-debuted with Gotcharocka.

Facts I have on Jui: His realname is Junichi Kiyono and he was extremly skinny in his old band so people often said threy fear his legs could break xD. He is also a big fan of the actor Kiefer Sutherland.

Jun debuted as guitarist as he was 16 shortly before turning 17 in the year 2001 (I forgot the band). He was later on guitarist of the band Phantasmagoria from 2003-2006. After he left Phantasmagoria he was soloist till around 2007 where he sung and played guitar. In 2008 he than formed a new band or better said a duo where he sung while someone else played guitar called SPIV STATES. In 2011 SPIVE STATES disbanded but people belived that they had just a hiatus cause the other member would have said it like that but in 2014 Jun officialy said that SPIVE STATES was disbanded since they day he joined Gotcharocka.

Facts I have about Jun: He has a younger sister and his sister has a lot children. Jun is a big fan of Hyde (ex. X-Japan) so till a few years ago Jun allways wore pink in his hair (fully pink hair or just some strands of hair) cause he got the idea from Hyde who allways had pink hair and he also bought the same guitar that Hyde had. In 2013 Jun droped a nude-picture on Twitter but he never took it down from social media. (I remember I accidantly saw it and some people wrote in English "he should trim his bush down there" o.o)

About Toya: I forgot when he debuted but I know his formerband was called Charlotte. I remember that it was said the cause for him leaving his band was that his members kicked him out cause they thought he was bad and had no talent. Irt was said that Toya sat crying on a bench at the streets as he got kicked out and Jui saw him and asked if he was OK and as Toya told him what happend Jui asked him to show him if he can play guitar and so Jui let Toya join the band cause he thought Toya was talented in playing guitar

Facts I have on Toya: he smokes and he is the only member who never dyed his hair before

• looking at the previous groups makes me feel old..I remember vidoll, xtrip, div, Charlotte, Phantasmagoria, and SPIV state

• looking at the previous groups makes me feel old..I remember vidoll, xtrip, div, Charlotte, Phantasmagoria, and SPIV state

After looking at this thread, I realised we really hear nothing new about a lot bands anymore and now I wonder what happend to bands like for example DaizyStripper or Purple Stone... ? I have so many bands in my head who just dissapeared someday and you never hear of them again without knowing if they disbanded or are jusrt on a freaking long hiatus. This reminds me of as I never heard of Pentagon after they just had debuted anymore and than I figured out they had disbanded in 2020 😅 oh man ... It's so bad tho ...

• After looking at this thread, I realised we really hear nothing new about a lot bands anymore and now I wonder what happend to bands like for example DaizyStripper or Purple Stone... ? I have so many bands in my head who just dissapeared someday and you never hear of them again without knowing if they disbanded or are jusrt on a freaking long hiatus. This reminds me of as I never heard of Pentagon after they just had debuted anymore and than I figured out they had disbanded in 2020 😅 oh man ... It's so bad tho ...

I think it also doesn't help that visual kei isn't as popular as it used to be anymore either.

Alice nine is still together

I think NoGod is too are a few I remember.

Gazette is releasing a song this month for their new album in May are a few I remember

• I think DIAURA still exist, because I think I have one of their songs from 2020 in a playlist xD

• That genre needs to make a revival..I still got my shoxx, arena 37c, cures, etc... mags lying around

If I only would know if there are even newer bands who are like that.

Besides ACME the only new band I can remember of who debuted was called SHiSHi but SHiSHi disbanded a while after they debuted in 2019 ... SHiSHi didn't even lasted a year

• maobao I just found this video on YT and damn ... there was more going on in 2020 than I found on my own xD (I maybe know 6 songs or 7 who got released in 2020 by onoly 4 artists or so wich means RIP myself and I had no idea bout the songs from this video lol... )

• maobao I just found this video on YT and damn ... there was more going on in 2020 than I found on my own xD (I maybe know 6 songs or 7 who got released in 2020 by onoly 4 artists or so wich means RIP myself and I had no idea bout the songs from this video lol... )

dang..will have to look through them.

I found another group that is active still.

I remember them from Danger crue records

• OMG UNiTE

I could cry. I really love their song called "Universe"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!