MINGYU CASE UPDATES: Pledis Gets In Contact With OP1/ Released A New Statement + Mingyu Proven Innocent + Old Classmates Testify For Mingyu & OP2

• I have decided to make my original post more clear and concise + easier to follow. I am rewording my post properly after looking into accurate translations and credible resources.

Based on what I picked up + in order:

On February 22nd, 2021, Kim Mingyu was accused of school violence by an anonymous user. Which by the way was proven to be false and misleading due many loop holes in the story, and the events not adding up. The OP for this claim stated that they went to the same middle school, and upload a vague picture of their yearbook. The OP’s yearbook and Mingyu’s yearbooks were two different years and schools from what I believe was revealed. The age of Mingyu they stated he was at the time did not match with his actual age during middle school. The OP of that claim had to delete, alter, and repost quite a few times every time they got called out, which is very valid thing to question by the 3rd party. The OP also mentioned Mingyu wasn’t in Pledis at that time, but Mingyu was in Pledis long before that. Apparently the Op had “trauma” because Mingyu hit them with a coke bottle’s cap (too ridiculous of a reason, easy to distinguish the lies).

On February 25th, 2021, OP1 (the person with therapy records) revealed some information about Mingyu’s middle school. They NEVER mentioned Mingyu straight up, but they did say they vaguely mentioned in their therapy how there was a kid who used to make sexual jokes, but NOT towards anyone in particular. The OP1 only mentioned it vaguely in her therapy because it made her uncomfortable (which is valid for her to mention). The sexual harassment claim NEVER came from this OP. She brought this issue up because their younger sister likes idols, and so they feels uncomfortable about talking about idols and these things to their younger sibling.

So where did the sexual harassment claims come from?

From my findings, it was NOT the OP1 who claimed this. These claims started from the fabricated Kakao Talk texts messages. The messages stated that Mingyu groped a boy’s chest and bullied a disabled student. However, following these claims Pledis came forward with their mature response, and so did the mother and the disabled student in Mingyu’s defence. The mother testified that Mingyu was NEVER part of the students that tormented her child, and that she clearly remembers the names and faces of the people who did hurt her child. These testimonies further solidified the fact that the chats were fabricated. Even before Pledis or the family of the bullied student took action, a lot of people suspected the texts to be fabricated due to it being from outside of Korea. Thus, these chats and the mistranslations of the OP1’s post resulted in an bigger issue.

On March 1st, 2021, another user now known as OP2 came forward calling out OP1 for their hypocrisy. OP2 mentioned how OP1 had also framed them with the same stain they are painting Mingyu with. The OP2 went into further detail saying how when they were in middle school, they felt bad for OP1 as they were always alone, and didn’t have many friends. They said how one day they went up to OP1 to give them benefit of the doubt and try to become their friend, so they started the conversation off by asking to borrow their mechanical pencil leds, to which the OP1 allowed. After lending the leds, the OP1 went to the bathroom, later accusing OP2 of stealing, and harassment. This accusation is said to have constantly followed the OP2 to the point they were rejected from many places because of the false accusation of OP1. Basically said how OP1 had bullied them (OP2 had their own medical records as well). They suggested that OP1 is now trying to frame someone else. Along with this, OP2 described Mingyu (in a good way I assume) opposite of what OP1 had described them as, but in OP1’s response, she didn’t reject that description (though she very well could’ve), which either means she agrees with OP2, or ignored the description.

On March 2nd, 2021, OP1 responds back to OP2 saying how they don’t remember doing that at all to OP2 or any of the incidents OP2 had brought up. OP1 vaguely apologized to OP2, and then quickly moved on to how Pledis never contacted them (which could be due to the lack of information about OP1 previously), but that also contradicts what they said previously— OP1 mentioned how they don’t wish to be contacted nor want to receive an apology, which does seem a bit odd (maybe she changed her mind— a very possible situation).

On March 2nd, 2021, just by couple hours OP2 responds back saying how they do not accept OP1’s apology. They said how they deleted their initial post because OP1’s “friend” came forward saying how much the OP1 suffered and how there were many more victims of Mingyu’s— only to realize how neither their self or OP1 knew who the supposed “friend” of OP1 was. Basically OP2 said how OP1 is trying to paint them as a liar once again in front of the world by saying they don’t remember bullying OP2. The OP2 said how even if OP1 emailed their school teachers, they would only believe OP1 since she tarnished their (OP2’s) reputation by framing them. So, OP2 rejected OP1’s apology (which is very valid in their case). Basically, OP2 questions how can OP1 say she feels the pain of being on victim’s side, when she writes post like the way she does (referring to OP1 having no remorse about her actions towards OP2).

The OP2 later posts screenshots of texts with their schoolmates, which suggested that the character description that OP2 described OP1 as, is similar to the ones her ex-classmates described OP1 as— some even sharing similar experiences to OP2 with OP1.

Basically, the OP2 ended off by saying how Mingyu’s joke may have offended OP1, but OP1 is also a hypocrite as they never stop to think about how they hurt others. OP2 mentioned how they weren’t the only one with this experience, and that multiple others faced something like this as well by OP1.

They mentioned how they never wrote this to defend Mingyu, they just had to bring it up because they wanted an apology and to clear things up, otherwise, whatever OP1 said would’ve made them look like a lair.

OP2 said to wait for Pledis’ final verdict about Mingyu.

MARCH 3RD, 2021:

Based on today’s events we found out that OP1 edited, and altered their post quite a few times to make OP2 look like they were bluffing. They started off by clearing their name, and the accusations OP2 has made against them. OP1 stated how they are being falsely accused and that they are not the same person OP2 is talking about, but what they didn’t deny in the post was the initials of their name that OP2 made public earlier. This suggests that OP2 wasn’t talking about another person, but in fact the OP1 herself. OP1 later goes saying how they do NOT remember who drew pubic hair on the board, or made sexual jokes— meaning they aren’t even sure if it was Mingyu at all. Following this OP1 disclosed how they were the only girl during a small period of time before OP2 joined their class. However, OP2’s post suggests that the time Mingyu joined their school didn’t match up with OP1’s time stated, as OP2 mentioned how Mingyu joined AFTER they (OP2) had joined the school.

UPDATE MARCH 12th 2021

Pledis got in contact with OP1. OP1 stated that Mingyu wasn’t the cause of her therapy, and doesn’t wish for Mingyu to leave or halt activities. Mingyu, also said he did make jokes but it was after school within his friend group, it was never intended at anyone! Mingyu also apologized nonetheless, incase it made OP1 uncomfortable hearing it back then.

+ Mingyu’s old classmates and friends (along with OP2) from school came out to clear Mingyu’s name. [check best answer]

CASE END: MINGYU WAS INNOCENT ALL ALONG!

My Opinion: It infuriates me how OP1 tried framing Mingyu in such a light, and then got away without receiving a lawsuit. If I was Mingyu I would’ve sued. They were so quick to come to their own defence when OP2 exposed them, but when it came to Mingyu they just threw him under the bus even when he wasn’t the cause of their therapy or problems, he was simply a irrelevant character in their life during that point. It really brings me back to how the OP2 said that OP1 is an attention-seeker, so I guess using this method was their way of receiving attention by throwing someone innocent under the bus. It’s honestly upsetting how OP1 hurt so many others and didn’t apologize properly to them because they don’t “remember” doing that, yet, here they want an apology from someone that wasn’t even the cause of her problems or life issues.

• Sorry was this type of thread already made? I wasn’t sure if there was a new update so I just made one. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah there was one when the news dropped

But it's ok! <3

• The statement is pretty good, no actions should be taking until there is confirmation.

But I already question the the person who started this, they already lied about the autism victim and on top of that revealed their hurtful past without their consent.

I ask myself why she refuses to meet the Artist or have any contact at all.

Well let see what will come out of this.

I believe the OP and the people in the debunked chat were separate

• The statement is pretty good, no actions should be taking until there is confirmation.

But I already question the the person who started this, they already lied about the autism victim and on top of that revealed their hurtful past without their consent.

I ask myself why she refuses to meet the Artist or have any contact at all.

Well let see what will come out of this.

The OP and the person with the fake chat are two separate people. We don’t have a clear stance with the actual OP, but the people in the chat who spread fake accusations of Mingyu groping girls and bullying a disabled student were debunked.

• I believe the OP and the people in the debunked chat were separate

The OP and the person with the fake chat are two separate people. We don’t have a clear stance with the actual OP, but the people in the chat who spread fake accusations of Mingyu groping girls and bullying a disabled student were debunked.

So who are they trying to meet up now ? Wasn’t it the person who claimed he bullied a kid suffering autism?

I’m lost now

• So who are they trying to meet up now ? Wasn’t it the person who claimed he bullied a kid suffering autism?

I’m lost now

Pledis met up with the person and their mother who was said to be bullied by Mingyu in the texts, and that proved the texts fake. Now they are trying to meet up with the main OP (who is receiving therapy) to confirm incidents and rumours following Mingyu, and to see what they actually meant.

• do you guys think they'll cancel the premiere of GoSe?

I hope so, since the accusation I can't listen or watch anything related to seventeen

I am not sure. Personally I don’t think they should, it’s not a whole Seventeen matter, a lot of Carats and Cubics are looking forward to GoSe’s return. I think only Mingyu will be sitting out for a while until the situation clears up.

• I honestly feel like they should because if the premiere is ot13 it might get the group a lot of hate. Folks were angry about the new episode of skz code coming out because it was ot8

Idk, I was seeing a lot of Carat and Cubics supporting the return of GoSe rather than hating on it. Everyone is just waiting for the final statement from what I see. I don’t see many hating on Svt as a whole, they in fact seem to be doing pretty well. Do Re Mi and Seventeen were at top of melon searches just a day ago because a show used it as their bgm.

• I honestly feel like they should because if the premiere is ot13 it might get the group a lot of hate. Folks were angry about the new episode of skz code coming out because it was ot8

I think if they release GoSe it might sound disrespectful towards the victim, since things aren't solved yet. (and I wonder how long it will take for it)

I didn't know SKZ had a "series", and that people were angry because it's OT8. JYPE statement wasn't a well written one.

• also, I wonder if their CF with that chicken brand (if it was true) is still up

apparently there was this post on ig(which i lost already) showing that svt was filming a commercial and it was likely for gubne, i dont think it'll be gone but probably official announcement will be done later on i guess

i personally do not wish gose to be postponed bc idk how am i gna live without it anymore but even if they do, im not surprised and there's nothing we can do about it with this whole situation

tbh this statement from pledis was probably the clearest statement from pledis ever, no ambiguity and i understood every detail, but this whole thing will probably take a long time to be settled bc its very serious and requires super clear clarifying process

• I applaud Pledis for actually holding some sort of follow through and accountability. Hopefully they keep this trend up. As disheartening as it may be for Carat, I think this was a good move - until the waters clear as well.

• a new post was made on pann, where a new OP (which I'll name OP2) "debunks" the accusations of OP1.

please, read it carefully and don't take it as 100% sure. I'm still on OP1's side.

https://twitter.com/RENJULYS/status/1366301852732514307

Yeah this saga is gonna take a while for pledis to sort out esp if they will be interviewing every classmate. I wonder how pledis will get in contact with this OP since they are overseas unless they give authorization to visit their house in kr to verify their records ?(

• Good statement. The people who dragged up the bullying without the victims consent and twisted the narrative to suit their own objective on top of that are real messed up. Who does something like that??

I like that Pledis is taking this seriously and trying to find out what really happened.

I wanna stay unbiased til this is all figured out but I’m having a really hard time believing Mingyu is a bully. When I first saw the rumour I low-key laughed because there was no way it was true. Never expected it to turn this messy. Guess we just have to wait and see...

• Yeah this saga is gonna take a while for pledis to sort out esp if they will be interviewing every classmate. I wonder how pledis will get in contact with this OP since they are overseas unless they give authorization to visit their house in kr to verify their records ?(

this one gave a lot of information about the school and stuff, so they (Pledis) can check and see if they're real or not. if their information about the school turn to be true, pledis needs to ask the other students about this new OP as well.

I hope things can be sorted out by the end of this month.

• this one gave a lot of information about the school and stuff, so they (Pledis) can check and see if they're real or not. if their information about the school turn to be true, pledis needs to ask the other students about this new OP as well.

I hope things can be sorted out by the end of this month.

Yeah and it seems like this OP kinda outed the identity of the prev OP too since they used their initals

• i am worried about Mingyu´s mental health...... is like they trying to end him....

i am unbiased but he was basically accused of being a sexual abuser... that's just so degrading and i hope the person that say that lie get his deserved time in jail

hope he has the people supporting him

• a new post was made on pann, where a new OP (which I'll name OP2) "debunks" the accusations of OP1.

please, read it carefully and don't take it as 100% sure. I'm still on OP1's side.

https://twitter.com/RENJULYS/status/1366301852732514307

It’s probably gonna take a while now since Pledis also has to contact OP2 that is calling out OP1 to get a clear idea of what truly happened. The problem is how, since they are overseas— but they can get in contact with their mother as they did basically out OP1 and their identity.

• It’s probably gonna take a while now since Pledis also has to contact OP2 that is calling out OP1 to get a clear idea of what truly happened. The problem is how, since they are overseas— but they can get in contact with their mother as they did basically out OP1 and their identity.

It seems like based on the update OP1 contacted OP2 and asked them to delete the post too?? ?( This entire class needs a therapy session to air their grievances. 😶

Edited once, last by maobao ().

• dontwannacry04

Changed the title of the thread from “Pledis Releases A New Statement + Mingyu Halts Activities” to “Pledis Releases A New Statement + Mingyu Halts Activities + OP2 Calls Out OP1 & Their Response”.
  • Maybe OP1 is thinking OP2 post is gonna invalidate OP1's experience? Like a person can be a victim of bullying but ALSO be a bully/aggressor themselves towards someone else

Hmm, idk it’s between them but in my opinion all of it should stay up for a better perspective on each of them and their sides. Though no one should invalidate anyone, because both OPs are valid to speak up. Idk it just seems weird that OP1 wants OP2 to delete their post that is calling them out, though I am not invalidating the OP1’s experience and history because again, everyone has different experiences. It just seemed sus to me.

• that classroom needed therapy

what I understood about the update is that OP1 and OP2 might had different experiences with Mingyu during middle school.

I can see that. People's experience of the past and interaction with a person is gonna be different. An individual can be a complete asshole to one person but be kind to someone else. That's kinda why I am not a fan of kpop fans using someone's good experience with an idol as evidence to negate an someone else's bad experience. You are dealing with two different individuals with two different experiences and both can be true.

• that classroom needed therapy

what I understood about the update is that OP1 and OP2 might had different experiences with Mingyu during middle school.

Hopefully OP1 is willing to be in contact with Pledis soon, and the sooner we hear the final verdict about Mingyu and the plans going forwards. But, I guess we all will just have to wait and see...

• This thread contains 338 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!