Are you for or against non-Asian people in K-pop ?

• Are you for or against non-Asian people in K-pop ? 46

1. I am against non-Asian people in K-pop. (20) 43%
    2. I am for non-Asian people in K-pop. (16) 35%
    3. I don't know. (10) 22%

should non-asian idols be in kpop :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is KAACHI SERIOUSLY A Kpop Group? | Can Non-Asians Be In Kpop? :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Every NON-ASIAN Kpop Idol :

allowing non asians in the kpop industry :

My opinion on *EVERY* non Asian Kpop idol :

let’s talk about NON-ASIAN KPOP IDOLS…is it wrong? :

The problem with K-pop idols who aren’t Asian :

Are you for or against non-Asian people in K-pop ?

• Well, I think as long as they are singing Korean, it can still be classified as KPOP. But I remember that group of white dudes who formed a KPOP group years ago lmao. They were white but singing in Korean, so it was still kind of KPOP. Not against it, but it didn't make sense to me. Felt very opportunistic and a little like appropriation.

Koreans singing Pop in different languages is still kinda KPOP lmao.

But, a group with barely any Koreans and who aren't speaking Korean...that's not KPOP. That's KPOP inspired.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Not against it but I don't encourage it because I think it does not lead to equitable outcomes for the member as if the industry isn't hostile enough.

• I'm not against it, but kpop itself was adopted from the jpop system and tailored to suit sk's needs and perhaps a few other asian countries until a few years ago.

I feel instead of debuting foreign idols that are treated with hostility. The kpop idol system can be adapted or some version of it might already exist in their respective countries. Companies need to set up similar systems there.

Desbundar

• I don't care. But I would never get why a non Asian person would debut in kpop, a much smaller music industry than pop music.

From what I know the white actresses who debut in Bollywood are mostly Hollywood rejects. So I'm gonna assume the case is same in kpop, with Koreabo0s playing a major role as well?

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• It's okay and I fully support it as long the kpop keeps in majority Asian and people don't try to erase or white wash Asian influences in kpop

Although I would find a bit better if mixed or even immigrants who live in Asia turned to be idols instead of casting Americans or Europeans.

• Depends on it

I noticed that it really has to do with the person. An example where it wasn't a good idea was from Japan, they had a group who was suposed to debut with a American-European guy that got cancled by fans of the group for a stupid thing he did and people were happy as he left them and I was happy too that they debuted without him and if Korea nad such a dude too than just yikes, but let's imagine the person can sing and dance and maybe even grew up in Korea than that would be something else than just getting the "He speaks no Korean and still auditioned"- guy

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I don't care. But I would never get why a non Asian person would debut in kpop, a much smaller music industry than pop music.

From what I know the white actresses who debut in Bollywood are mostly Hollywood rejects. So I'm gonna assume the case is same in kpop, with Koreabo0s playing a major role as well?

there are white actresses in Bollywood? The closest one I know is Katrina Kaif, but she's half Indian right?

• there are white actresses in Bollywood? The closest one I know is Katrina Kaif, but she's half Indian right?

Not Katrina Kaif. She's half Indian so I'm not considering her. I'm talking about completely white actresses who can barely speak any Indian langauge. Nora Fatehi and Amy Jackson come to my mind.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Not Katrina Kaif. She's half Indian so I'm not considering her. I'm talking about completely white actresses who can barely speak any Indian langauge. Nora Fatehi and Amy Jackson come to my mind.

nora is actually North African/ Arab and not white

• She's an American with Morocco descent. She would've never debuted in Bollywood, if Hollywood accepted her.

“Moroccan descent” contradicts with your “completely white”. moroccans are not white people. being American does not automatically make you white.

• I would say if one of grandparents was Asian then it's ok

and I don't mean Far East only

or actually I can mean Far East, the Russian one, let's say girl is from Vladivostok, Sakhalin, Komsomolsk, or Khabarovsk, or even from Yakutia or Buryatia, then they are geographically Asians for sure

same for Central Asia like Kazakhstan, those girls are bit different in looks but still hella pretty! and there are a lot of those mixed with Ukrainians, and Russians there,

Turkish, Georgian, Azer, Armenian ladies also could as well be kpop idols with their beauty type, and the part of the world in which they live

• Not Katrina Kaif. She's half Indian so I'm not considering her. I'm talking about completely white actresses who can barely speak any Indian langauge. Nora Fatehi and Amy Jackson come to my mind.

I don't know Amy Jackson but I always that Nora Fatehi was Indian, she's completely white?? OMG Does everyone that knows Bollywood know this, cus I didn't, is it because I am from Kerala lol.

I just searched her up, she's apparently starred in some malayalam films and she was in Baahubali, i can't believe this.

• I honestly don't care provided they're putting in the same amount of effort as other kpop groups. I do agree with the person who said it would be kind of weird for them to go to Korean market which is on the smaller side.

• As an asian guy who likes rap music, I'd be a hypocrite to say non-asians can't be in kpop

Same here and I know some people would think it appropriation 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that bs doesn't exist here. The major difference between the west and the rest of the world including here in Korea, the vast majority of the population supports encourges and welcomes people to enjoy our culture partake in it and even adopt it, many people find it interesting and fun to see how well a forgiener adapts to being "one of us".

This is why the whole ca thing is bizarre to the majority of people because the idea of gatekeeping shit sounds crazy. Alot of fans and the woke mob would be beyond upset if we began imposing those same crazy ridiculous "rules"

• Same here and I know some people would think it appropriation 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that bs doesn't exist here. The major difference between the west and the rest of the world including here in Korea, the vast majority of the population supports encourges and welcomes people to enjoy our culture partake in it and even adopt it, many people find it interesting and fun to see how well a forgiener adapts to being "one of us".

This is why the whole ca thing is bizarre to the majority of people because the idea of gatekeeping shit sounds crazy. Alot of fans and the woke mob would be beyond upset if we began imposing those same crazy ridiculous "rules"

i don't know what you consider west but in case it's white people; CA in eastern europe also doesn't exist, in fact, people wouldn't understand the concept and how can sharing a culture be a bad thing

• Not an issue as long as it is produced in Korea, mostly by Koreans (otherwise it simply isn't kpop). Why not embrace the internationalization of kpop?

Also, it's racist to include Koreans who grew up in Korea but don't have 100% Korean ancestors in the "non-Korean" category.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• 100% against it if they are practicing in korea, not against the American KPOP groups

not asian, but i always did and continue to think its fucking stupid how asians get 0 respect in western entertainment, so they figure out shit their own way, then people bitch at them to be "inclusive" as if white/latino/blacks dont all have amazing representation in the western world

e/ this is the same shit as import modeling back in the 2000s, asians were seen as too short, not shapely enough for regular modeling, so they started import modeling, took over the internet in the last 2000s, then all of a sudden were called racist for not allowing white bitches to get involved

• This is such a weird question.

I can only answer for myself. Indians have their own huge film and music industry. I’m not looking for representation in kpop. And I’m sure Koreans aren’t looking for representation in Bollywood.

Idk how others feel about it. I feel immigrants who have different ties to their origin culture crave representation more.

This is also true for Japanese or Chinese or any other nationality/ethnicity in kpop. I don’t “want” or “need” or “expect” it. Kpop companies add them because it’s profitable for them. Having these trainees increases popularity and exposure in those countries.

If tomorrow kpop finds say Brazil to be a top market and debuts a Brazilian kpop idol to tap into that market, good for them. But I don’t really see it as representation or something necessary.

Korea is not a diverse country so I don’t think it needs representation. Ofc if for example dark skinned Koreans or larger bodied idols or LGBT idols want to debut THAT would indeed be representation. But having other nationalities and ethnicities is just for profit and if they find non Asian countries profitable I don’t see why idols from those countries can’t debut. But again it’s not a necessity and I don’t see it as a “win” for those ethnicities.

• Yes if it's for what she/he brings to the group in terms of sound/performance etc but no if it's for a marketing point or diversity for the sake of diversity.

• Non Asians(especially whites) have the whole Hollywood world to themselves. So it's funny to me when some white people get upset when white people are not that accepted in k-pop. Are Asians accepted in America? No. It's not going to kill you if you are not accepted in one of the only (small ass) industry Asians can thrive worldwide.

It annoys me how white mixed idols are more accepted while the same is impossible for brown skin SEA-SA-ns/mixed in big companies.

It also surprised me to find so many Black legends in acting because all I saw on twitter was the racism talk when I was a kid. Ofc it's true and not denying it. But it legit made me think for a long time they were a small amount in Hollywod. Turns out there are plenty and even in old Hollywood. Despite all the horror pre and during Jim Crow era and post, they still had a big presence in the industry. Yes, they still face discrimination but I mean look at Will Smith. He will get 35 million dollars for his latest role. Can you think of an Asian actor/actress getting the same? Almost all Asians who got big roles always casted in stereotypical roles meant for Asians. I'm not blaming them at all. I'm just saying you can count or do they even exist legendary Meryl Strip, Denzel Washington level Asian actors? It's always foreign ones.

Hollywood is only opening now because it's not like it's used to be and they want Asian market money. It's still filled with agendas but that's a conversation for another day. Back then they dgaf

I won't even talking about music scene hahaha. No, white passing Olivia Rodrigo doesn't count. Bruno is acceptable because of his Latino side. Full blood Asians are not welcome. Only mixed ones.

Like I said, any Non-Asian will have more chance in non Asian countries, they have the whole world to themselves. They will be fine.

• eh, I am not against it strongly, but I probably wont be interested if the group has one cause kpop doesn't fit them. They just fit their western style groups like 1D, pussycat dolls, little mix whatever. Imagine them having korean makeup, doing aegoo, acting cute, innocent and childish is just not my interest at all.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!