Thoughts on New Jeans after a couple of days

• Yo so i didnt initial have a good impression of New Jeans they all seem like visual copies of Garam and Attention seemed mediocre and their concept was too boy obsessed and theyre all too young.

But the song has grown on me a little bit and their mv is kind of iconic and i like their app. I want to get to know the members more now :)

What does everyone else think?

(Edit: obssessed fixed)

• When I watched attention for the first time I knew that would be groundbreaking, such a great song, such good vibes. All the 2000s and y2k nostalgia hit deep in my zillenial heart, coupled with the fact that we’re seeing r&b again in Kpop.

and then they released Hype Boy, an actual bop I can’t stop replaying. I loved all the MV’s and all the diversity! The girls are just very captivating to watch.

Finally, Hurt showcased their beautiful vocals and their cohesion as a group. Their voices match eachother so well.

So overall, loved them at first, love them more after a few days!

• I just wanna say that wonyoung and leeseo first debuted in izone and ive when they were 14 too so newjeans isn’t even the first group to have a maknae of this age. And the oldest members are 18, the same age as the oldest members in snsd when they debuted. So seeing everyone up in arms about newjeans as if they’re so egregious is a bit funny lol

But also their content roll out has been great. Love all their songs and mvs so far

• I agree i think the girls have a captivating quality about them 🤔 i like the y2k kind of japanesey styling too

• girls are cute but way too young so even if i try to search for information about them etc... i feel too much disconnected to even think of stanning them or really follow them

their songs are a little bit too boring in my opinion, considering their age i would have love something with more energy

I'm waiting for their real debut before making a final opinion about their vocal but after 3 songs none of them stand out as a real vocalist to me

It's my opinion on their pre-release

but i might love their real debut and check out their future release

but for the moment as a group or musically they doesn't click with me

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Honestly i fell head over heels..... I thought i had liked girl groups well enough before, but not ever like this

Their music seems like it was tailor made for me, and i love how free and big (as in big movements) their choreo is. And they just seem to have the most fun? It all just comes across as super fun and high tension to me, it's exactly what i've been wanting out of kpop lately

I really want to get to know the members better, they're all such cute babies

hello

• Really? I thought hurt showed off their vocal potential really well, they all sounded really good.

they sound good

i just personally find that all of them sound like each other, the only one who doesn't seem as much similar than the other is danielle ( the australian girl, i'm not sure 100% it's her name)

and none of them really stand out as a very strong vocalist for the moment

but i'll see with their official debut

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!