NEW JEANS IS ON THE WAY TO SURPASS BLACKPINKS DEBUT

• NEW JEANS IS ON THE WAY TO SURPASS BLACKPINKS DEBUT 41

1. yes (5) 12%
    2. no (36) 88%

blackpinks debut in 2016 was massive because of YG hype which led everyone to believe that they will deliver on quality which they did..the songs which were all something different then what was trending/ what the big 3 was doing during that time, similar to how there is a trend in the big 3 right now of releasing "noise" music.

the fact that min heejins group is doing the opposite and also marking everything the same way bp did (visuals, hype from being min heejins group, quality of songs, foreign members to appeal to international fans) is making me think that we are on our way to a debut as big as blackpinks :pepe-loop:

2016 3rd gen songs from big 3:

SM: Russian Roulette

JYP: Cheer Up and TT

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2022 4th gen songs from big 3:

SM: Girls

JYP: O.O and Sneakers

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Go to Best Answer
  • Just like itzy was… then aespa… then ive

Don’t y’all get tired :pepe-just-smile:

nah theres a very big difference new jeans is releasing quality and a different genre of music which we haven't seen in kpop in a long time (in 4th gen):reading-raccoon: also their way of promotion has been completely different then all these groups you've listed... they are releasing MVs for even the non title track songs which means you actually get to focus on the music.

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Bruh we don’t even know if they can surpass the LSF or Aespa hype lmao

LSF Hype was nonexistent i'm tired of this narrative.. we already knew 2 of the members of LSF, that hype is nowhere near comparable to a group produced by a former SM creative director.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Yall it's akorn weekend, why taking this seriously :pepe-just-smile:

because theres an element of truth to it and stans are threatened. :boredr: theres nothing wrong with saying that bps debut can be surpassed, doesn't change that they're the top group.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Sneakers is noise music?

Y'all really do just be saying anything.

• I'm begging you guys to stop setting these girls up.

setting them up for what??? all i've said is i think their debut is on its way to surpass bps debut which shouldn't be a controversial opinion

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Sneakers is noise music?

Y'all really do just be saying anything.

theres a reason i put it in quotes lmao moreso talking about how a lot of people put it in that category, either way new jeans songs are completely different from it.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I just don't wanna see threads about them flopping if they don't live up to these high-ass expectations :pepe-narrow-eyes:

if people are making threads about them flopping then it means that they still have peoples attention on them so they are nowhere near flopping with that logic imo.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• theres a reason i put it in quotes lmao moreso talking about how a lot of people put it in that category, either way new jeans songs are completely different from it.

People put everything in that category because it's the only drag they know. People called Eleven noise music.

• No it really isn't, it's showing you weren't around when BP debuted

you don't need to be around when everything is still available to see online, its a fact that BPs music was completely different to the music that was being released at that time by their competitors and history is repeating itself with new jeans. :lighter-pepe: of course baemon still hasn't debuted yet thats another element to consider.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• The hype feels less tbh. Because they’re extremely young. So they don’t have a broader appeal and are instead appealing to a younger demographic?

For BP, everyone was tuning into them.

But maybe they’ll grow their fanbase to higher levels. I think we will see their hype grow in a couple of years.

• If they are surpassing blackpink debut, then it's not just the songs. They need to hit no.1 on korean charts + have amazing international streaming numbers + win/sweep rookie awards + deliver amazing performances in music and award shows. So far IVE comes closest to this. can new jeans do better than ive?

I think they have the potential to do this... the rest is up to their other tracks living up to the expectations people have on them now because of the MVs they've been releasing.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• The hype feels less tbh. Because they’re extremely young. So they don’t have a broader appeal and are instead appealing to a younger demographic?

For BP, everyone was tuning into them.

But maybe they’ll grow their fanbase to higher levels. I think we will see their hype grow in a couple of years.

yeah this is the one thing that new jeans is missing.. their young ages makes it very hard for them to appeal to a lot of people like BP do since they all debuted young adults but I do think that kpops fanbase is primarily young so its not like their target demographic isn't large.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• russian roulette+cheer up+tt+boombayah+ whistle vs O.O+sneakers+girls wow pepe-ooh

whistle was so good :pepe-puddle: as for the 2022 songs they are not living up to that standard (i do enjoy them though except O.O) :pepestare:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Don't worry. When YG's new group debuts or the I-LAND group when that finally airs you'll see plenty of "NewJeans is over" takes just like we've seen for itzy, aespa, ive, kep1er, nmixx, and le serrafim.

aren't both of these groups debuting next year?

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• yeah this is the one thing that new jeans is missing.. their young ages makes it very hard for them to appeal to a lot of people like BP do since they all debuted young adults but I do think that kpops fanbase is primarily young so its not like their target demographic isn't large.

tbh 14 is just too much on the wrong side. I already see people on my TL avoid them lol.

With BP everyone and their mothers were tuning into them. I wish them well but I think they’ll realize their potential in a couple of years. At least fandom wise.

Now for Korean hit with GP, it’s anyones call. Let’s wait and watch.

• tbh 14 is just too much on the wrong side. I already see people on my TL avoid them lol.

With BP everyone and their mothers were tuning into them. I wish them well but I think they’ll realize their potential in a couple of years. At least fandom wise.

Now for Korean hit with GP, it’s anyones call. Let’s wait and watch.

it doesn't help that HYBE already has people side eyeing them for how they handled le serrafims debut.. but yeah it's interesting how I see a lot of talk on how young the idols are but before 4th gen I feel like I didn't hear that a lot even though there was just as much young kids debuting at 14.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I think they have the potential to do this... the rest is up to their other tracks livening up to the expectations people have on them now because of the MVs they've been releasing.

Boombayah is a cultural reset. I'm pretty confident newjeans won't be surpassing anything done by boomabayah. It served as one of the gatways to kpop and that's why i'm here. As for numbers, it's not impossible because we already are seeing ive do pretty well right from the start but nothing from ive is creating a new hallyu wave. Blackpink debut was just the perfect timing in my opinion it can't be surpassed. It's like fans still say snsd is the no.1 gg in korea. The same way Blackpink has come and conquered globally and every popular gg after blackpink will pale in comparision.

• it doesn't help that HYBE already has people side eyeing them for how they handled le serrafims debut.. but yeah it's interesting how I see a lot of talk on how young the idols are but before 4th gen I feel like I didn't hear that a lot even though there was just as much young kids debuting at 14.

It’s not quite about that. I just think because of that their debut won’t be as big as girls who are late teens and debuted. Like how dream was indeed aimed at a young audience and they owned that concept for a few years and now they have a huge fanbase.

Since you’re asking if they’ll have a debut as big as BP, it’s unlikely since their appeal is a lot less. But given a couple of years they may amass a huge following as well.

Within Korea it’s another tale. Let’s wait for that. Anything is possible.

• It’s not quite about that. I just think because of that their debut won’t be as big as girls who are late teens and debuted. Like how dream was indeed aimed at a young audience and they owned that concept for a few years and now they have a huge fanbase.

Since you’re asking if they’ll have a debut as big as BP, it’s unlikely since their appeal is a lot less. But given a couple of years they may amass a huge following as well.

honestly I think if their songs are really good then there's still the potential for them to get results as good as BP did for their debut just based on that regardless of appeal.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• honestly I think if their songs are really good then there's still the potential for them to get results as good as BP did for their debut just based on that regardless of appeal.

The amount of hype for BP’s visuals and style in 2016 hugely added to their MV views/streams and song performance.

When has kpop ever been about just music. Lol.

• This thread contains 62 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!