Does this mean people care more about girl groups?

• Especially in regard to survival shows? Everyone hyped up X1 and said how they could’ve been a top boy group of the 4th generation if they didn’t disband. Then if this is the case wouldn’t more people be supporting the careers of post-X1 groups? But they don’t. Mirae, Bae173, WEi, and even soloists like Woodz for example, although amazing, definitely don’t have anywhere near the impact of X1. But now if we look at post Iz*One groups like IVE and LE SSERAFIM and even soloists, they are gaining so much attention. Iz*One was considered a 4th gen leader before their disbandment. And now IVE and LE SSERAFIM are likely fighting for ROTY. Even take other survial shows like Girls Planet and My Teenage Girl that had a lot of talk about and even trainees who didn’t make the lineup have a loyal fanbase. But you look at The Origin A, B, or What?’s final group ATBO has much less attraction in comparison. Even I-land’s final group, Enhypen, is losing momentum. More complaints about the trijectory of their music. Blessed-Cursed got mixed reactions, Pass The Mic even more so. Granted they are the most popular of the survival show groups, they’re more or less of an outlier. Being from Hybe it kinda helps their case a bit cause company stans exist. So is it at all possible that the general public seems to only really care about girl groups?

• IVE and LSFM are popular because they attracted new fans and didn't just rely on IZ*ONE fans.

K-Pop is much different in 2022 than it was in 2020 when most of the post X1 groups were debuting. If this was just a case of gg getting more interest then the post I.O.I groups would be doing better.

ATBO's survival show didn't even air on TV. It was just online I believe so of course it didn't get as much hype.

also Enhypen is losing steam because the members keep fucking up. Their fans made a lot of people give up on the group after the racial slur scandal and I've seen people dropping them recently not because of Pass the Mic, but because of the fatshaming controversy.

• Idk those two groups seem to be the anomaly

maybe bc izone promoted longer than other produce groups?

IoI and wannaone groups didn't fair as well

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the fact that i can only recognise 2 of the boygroups you mentioned but all of the girl groups proves your point i think.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• X1 is a special case

First off, we cannot compare them to IZ*ONE because IZ*ONE has 2.5 years vs X1 who only had months. Many X1 stans, stan X1 and not individual members. IZ*ONE fans had 2.5 years to bond with the girls and hence it translate to post disbandment success

X1 is also not comparable to other BGs. I dare say that if X1 didn't disband, they will be the top BG in Korea. I might be wrong, but even with just their debut, it chart better than any other 4th Gen BG. Internationally I'm not sure but domestic wise, I'm certain they will be the top BG if they didn't disband.

With regards to people caring more about GGs than BGs, it has always been the case for years

• IZ*ONE has had the longest activity period for a Produce group which means they had more time to gain fans & be known among KPOP fans. How is it remotely comparable to X1 who lasted like three months.

As for ENHYPEN you literally said it yourself, it's the music that's turning people off & this isn't BG exclusive cause a similar thing is happening with ITZY. But either way they aren't a good example people have always cared more about GGs than BGs overall

• x1 only promoted for 4 months and released 3 new songs while izone were promoting for 2.5 years u can't compare both of them lol and most of x1 fans are produce x 101 fans they barely gain new fansforum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/231045/

I think my point was missed, or I didn’t communicate it well. I was specifically comparing the two groups, just boy groups and girl groups post-survial shows. Those were just a few examples that I’m aware of. I didn’t watch the shows that formed IOI or Wanna One. But if we compare some groups/soloists that came from it. Somi and Chungha are more of household names than lets use Ab6ix for example. Everyone hyped Breathe but now their comebacks don’t make much noise.

• IZ*ONE has had the longest activity period for a Produce group which means they had more time to gain fans & be known among KPOP fans. How is it remotely comparable to X1 who lasted like three months.

As for ENHYPEN you literally said it yourself, it's the music that's turning people off & this isn't BG exclusive cause a similar thing is happening with ITZY. But either way they aren't a good example people have always cared more about GGs than BGs overall

I’m gonna reply to the second part as I’ve already addressed the first part in a reply to someone else. It can be argued that ITZY isn’t losing their momentum as they are a big company group, but Enhypen is. So that is what leads me to just to the bg vs gg battle. My main question is, why does this battle even exist in the first?

• Which general public are you talking about though? If in Korea than the obvious answer is yes. I'm pretty sure everybody already knows this. 4th Gen GGs are charting while 4th Gen BGs are all barely making a dent in the charts. It seems like everyone is only focusing at a few older established boygroups like BTS, Seventeen, NCT, etc and staying loyal.

I think International is a bit of a different story. Though you're only mostly hearing about GG's right now because there's currently a flood of new GG's coming out from mid to big companies and everyone is focused on seeing how that little war is going to turn out. It'll even out more probably next year when that flood ends.

• Which general public are you talking about though? If in Korea than the obvious answer is yes. I'm pretty sure everybody already knows this. 4th Gen GGs are charting while 4th Gen BGs are all barely making a dent in the charts. It seems like everyone is only focusing at a few older established boygroups like BTS, Seventeen, NCT, etc and staying loyal.

I think International is a bit of a different story. Though you're only mostly hearing about GG's right now because there's currently a flood of new GG's coming out from mid to big companies and everyone is focused on seeing how that little war is going to turn out. It'll even out more probably next year when that flood ends.

I was referring in general: both Korea and internationally. And yeah that does make sense as there is a larger amount of ggs debuting than bgs this year… I wonder whats the reason for that though?

• To be fair, I don't think X1 and IZ*ONE are exactly comparable. X1 barely lasted a few months while IZ*ONE had a couple of years on them. Naturally since they had more time to build themselves up, they are more known and have a more loyal following.

It's why I'm really curious what X1 and their future really could've been like if they didn't disband so early... the potential was incredibly high.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!