I find this hyper fixation on “Min Heejin” quite funny

• Does anyone else find it super weird? If someone called Exodus, Min Hee Jin’s EXODUS I’d literally sue :angryr: :cryingr:

I just find it interesting that people who hate the very existence of SM groups cannot help but focus on “min hee jin” who is only getting her hype because she worked on successful concepts for SM groups. While she was paid dust to or insulted by the same community while she was working for SM.

No I really can’t get over the fact that a a major’s label main selling point for their group is that their creative director is ex SM :cryingr: :angryr:

This shit is making me wheeze everyday :cryingr: :angryr:

No hate to the group or actually to their fans of itself but this hyper focus on the creative director or any staff really over and over again is just mad weird. Truly.

Like who even does that :cryingr: :angryr:

Like yes if kenzie produced a song I’m happy but I’m not gonna talk about her in every breathe I speak about EXO monster, know what I’m saying? Lol.

• Tbh I don't really care that she's ex sm. Like sure I had some expectations for the concept but I was mainly excited to see what a gg created and managed by a woman would look like. And my god did she deliver. See what happens when you make a woman ceo, they become unstoppable :uwu-party-bee:

Tbh I think everyone cares about her being EX SM. There have been many successful concepts in all gens… but people don’t put the creative director of the group in all conversations about the group.

I’m not saying she’s not responsible for this groups great concept I’m saying she only gets mentioned unlike others who also have great concepts because she is EX SM.

• huh? who even hates the existence of sm groups? and didn't min heejin mostly work with fx and shinee who are two groups that were beloved by kpop fans from all walks of life?

min heejin is literally 100% responsible for newjeans. she was prob in the trenches recruiting the members herself, she's their main creative director, the ceo of their company, and she hand picked their songs. so yeah, newjeans is min heejin's group and people are praising her accordingly.

mind your own business cranky pants :rolleyes:

who's your favorite artist?

• actually their main selling point is not min heejin ex-sm creative director but instead it’s min heejin THE creative director.

she has a great artistic vision and you have to be a nutjob to deny how important and pivotal she has been to the entire industry. im a fan of her work from sm (especially the concepts she’s done with shinee) and it’s interesting to see what she comes up with when given full control of her own group. like it or not, she’s been a mastermind behind some really big works. and you can’t compare her role back when she was in sm and now. she was an employee then so of course it’s not going to be min heejins exodus. but this is literally her project from top to bottom. of course they’re going to be labeled as min heejins group. just like txt were known as bts’ little brother group or itzy as twice’s or even exo being marketed as SMs next big thing. you being angry over something like this makes no sense tbh :watt:

• Some employees/behind the scenes people end up becoming prominent for whatever reason and end with their own loyal stans.. Just look at Teddy for example. Bet if he had his own official group announced he'd have a huge number of stans waiting in anticipation.

• Just to be clear : I’m not questioning her talent or passing any judgment of new jeans concepts. It’s irrespective of all that.

Even with great concepts creative directors or staff in general were not at the forefront of everyone’s discussion about groups. Ain’t nothing wrong with that if all great concepts recognition went to their staff. But kpop fans usually only focus on their group

I just want to point that Min Heejin in particular gets her clout as opposed to literally anyone else because she’s EX SM and that’s honestly hilarious for me.

• actually their main selling point is not min heejin ex-sm creative director but instead it’s min heejin THE creative director.

she has a great artistic vision and you have to be a nutjob to deny how important and pivotal she has been to the entire industry. im a fan of her work from sm (especially the concepts she’s done with shinee) and it’s interesting to see what she comes up with when given full control of her own group. like it or not, she’s been a mastermind behind some really big works. and you can’t compare her role back when she was in sm and now. she was an employee then so of course it’s not going to be min heejins exodus. but this is literally her project from top to bottom. of course they’re going to be labeled as min heejins group. just like txt were known as bts’ little brother group or itzy as twice’s or even exo being marketed as SMs next big thing. you being angry over something like this makes no sense tbh :watt:

I’m not angry I just find it funny.

• I used to be an SM stan and currently I'm a fan of most of Hybe groups (and I like Hybe management a lot), so when I discovered an ex-SM producer and creative director was heading towards my favorite kpop company business-wise I became hyped because I was getting the feeling it was going to be something I like (artistically, from SM) while keeping the overall image and management from Hybe

So far I'm not disappointed

• It's the same about Teddy, kpop fans treat him like some god producer, and I don't see you having a problem with it.

And this can also be said about SM groups (and every company), when Aespa was announced wasn't the only reason people paid attention to them and were hyped because they were from SM, not someone but a company with a record of successful and good groups?

If Min Heejin has been responsible for the creative direction of different big groups, people will be excited to see what she will do now that she has a sub-company under her control.

At the end, you just sound mad because she left your fave company and is gaining traction on another company.

• I used to be an SM stan and currently I'm a fan of most of Hybe groups (and I like Hybe management a lot), so when I discovered an ex-SM producer and creative director was heading towards my favorite kpop company business-wise I became hyped because I was getting the feeling it was going to be something I like (artistically, from SM) while keeping the overall image and management from Hybe

So far I'm not disappointed

Kek that’s all well and good ofc. I don’t like SM’s direction nor most of the stuff Min heejin worked on so it had the opposite effect on me personally kekekekeke

But yeah this isn’t questioning her skills nor questioning this groups actual marketability. Just a funny observation.

• I’m not a fan of Min Heejin. And am very glad she left SM.

• Concepts form some part of a group no doubt it’s very important…but NONE of you find it weird that a group is being so heavily marketed as being a creative director’s product?

No one?

I think everyone here is just lying lol.

• Certainly no one mentioned her at every breathe. Just like Shim Jae Won, Kenzie or Yoo Young jin who are all veteran staff @ SM.

it's because shim jae won, kenzie, and yoo young jin are not that universally beloved (they're very polarizing even among sm fandoms) nor did they work with universally beloved concepts/groups. I'm confused by your statement in the OP that "While she was paid dust to or insulted by the same community while she was working for SM."

many armys respected shinee a lot, for good reason. and f(x) red tape is possibly one of the most famous concepts for kpop critics, it's universally acclaimed. I've never thought of min heejin as "ex-SM creative director" but rather "ex-creative director for red tape, which happened to come from SM". there is a difference imo, I don't think kenzie leaving for another big4 company would get even half as much attention or noise.

• it's because shim jae won, kenzie, and yoo young jin are not that universally beloved (they're very polarizing even among sm fandoms) nor did they work with universally beloved concepts/groups. I'm confused by your statement in the OP that "While she was paid dust to or insulted by the same community while she was working for SM."

many armys respected shinee a lot, for good reason. and f(x) red tape is possibly one of the most famous concepts for kpop critics, it's universally acclaimed. I've never thought of min heejin as "ex-SM creative director" but rather "ex-creative director for red tape, which happened to come from SM". there is a difference imo, I don't think kenzie leaving for another big4 company would get even half as much attention or noise.

I hope you’re kidding because Min Heejin is extremely polarized and hated what lolololol

She has been hated for quite a while now lol.

Anyway this comment is making me laugh more.

• Kek that’s all well and good ofc. I don’t like SM’s direction nor most of the stuff Min heejin worked on so it had the opposite effect on me personally kekekekeke

But yeah this isn’t questioning her skills nor questioning this groups actual marketability. Just a funny observation.

SHINee was my second favorite kpop group for a while. When I watch the videos from NewJeans I'm getting a feeling I'm actually watching this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She was a director from both MVs

This is a kind of cinematography there isn't present in ANY group from the third generation onwards, unfortunately. It used to be common during the second-gen (you will find a couple of 2NE1 and BB songs with the same colors pallet, although they tend to be more dramatic), hope it makes a comeback soon I feel like kpop become to homogeneous during 4th

• I think that people assume that she made Shinee, f(x), and Red Velvet popular when people still talk more about their musical impact on SM and the industry vs. their concepts. It also goes hand in hand with the "all SM groups suck now because _____" narratives.

It was the same with the news that Hitchhiker went to work in Hybe's gaming department. Suddenly it was "he's the driving force behind their music!" when he was just an in house producer and worked on a fraction of the songs Kenzie or YYJ worked on.

• I hope you’re kidding because Min Heejin is extremely polarized and hated what lolololol

She has been hated for quite a while now lol.

Anyway this comment is making me laugh more.

from your comments it sounds like you didn't really like min heejin so possibly you are a bit biased in viewing this. I never stanned f(x) or shinee, but there's a reason many of their concepts were praised even by non-fans. I'm sorry your own sm bias didn't get the same treatment?

• Concepts form some part of a group no doubt it’s very important…but NONE of you find it weird that a group is being so heavily marketed as being a creative director’s product?

No one?

I think everyone here is just lying lol.

It's not THAT uncommon actually

Not on kpop at least. Stayc were marketed as "BEP's group"

"TNX" was marketed as a Psy group, arguably they flopped but that's not the point

I'm actually enjoying she's getting the clout she deserves. Seems like people are, secretly, very fond of old SM music after all. Not that I'm surprised given by how bigger SM used to be compared to other companies, but after the late 3rd gen seemed the consensus for kpop stans suddenly changed and SM music suddenly started to sucks lol

• it's because shim jae won, kenzie, and yoo young jin are not that universally beloved (they're very polarizing even among sm fandoms) nor did they work with universally beloved concepts/groups. I'm confused by your statement in the OP that "While she was paid dust to or insulted by the same community while she was working for SM."

First, it's Pink Tape.

Second based on comments I've seen about her from Shawols, this woman wasn't universally beloved either, but sure.

• from your comments it sounds like you didn't really like min heejin so possibly you are a bit biased in viewing this. I never stanned f(x) or shinee, but there's a reason many of their concepts were praised even by non-fans. I'm sorry your own sm bias didn't get the same treatment?

I never said she had no praise. But she was not universally liked like you implied. Nor celebrated to the extent you seem to be projecting.

• from your comments it sounds like you didn't really like min heejin so possibly you are a bit biased in viewing this. I never stanned f(x) or shinee, but there's a reason many of their concepts were praised even by non-fans. I'm sorry your own sm bias didn't get the same treatment?

yeah, their response is reading more and more bitter the more they talk lol. "min heejin was hated". by WHOM? many of the concepts she worked on seem to have been well liked by the kpop community at large. i mean she was involved with 4walls which had great reception... like come on lol

who's your favorite artist?

Eye- yes that’s the point and the very basis lol. I’ve always known how much Min heejin was disliked and always thought it was common knowledge. EVEN by FX and SHINEE fans. So responses like yours are funny to me. And why I find this whole situation funny.

• First, it's Pink Tape.

Second based on comments I've seen about her from Shawols, this woman wasn't universally beloved either, but sure.

thanks for the correction, like I said I didn't stan f(x) or shinee but I do remember how much buzz that album made when it came out and the stories about how min heejin personally went overseas (to vietnam?) to scout for the aesthetic.

of course, it's impossible for everyone or every fan to like every concept. but from an outsider view, shinee and f(x) always seemed the most critically acclaimed of the sm groups (red velvet's discography is close behind as well).

• This thread contains 76 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!